Are you using an iPhone or a Mac, and you can’t sign out of Apple ID?
Well, you don’t have to get frustrated as this article tells you how to fix it.
Part 1: Can’t Sign Out of Apple ID on iPhone
There are a couple of reasons why can’t I sign out of my Apple ID. So, before jumping into solutions, let’s go ahead and see what those reasons are.
- In “Settings“, your Apple ID Profile has become grey.
- The option called “Sign Out” has become grey. Also, it will display an error message mentioning that the sign-out option isn’t available because of restrictions.
- When you click on the option called “Sign Out“, you will notice a continuously animating spinning symbol.
- You will get a message saying that sign-out is prevented as your device is being restored.
- You can’t sign out of Apple ID if your device cannot connect to iCloud.
- It will happen if your Apple ID is forgotten.
- Some issues on the network can prevent your device from signing out from Apple ID.
Here are the solutions if anything prevents you from signing out from Apple ID on an iPhone. Well, there are multiple solutions you can try.
Solution 01: Force Restart the Device
The most basic solution to try is to restart your iOS device. Here’s how to do it.
For iPhone 6s:
- As the first step, initiate a simultaneous press-and-hold action on both the “Home” and Sleep/Wake buttons.
- Keep holding them down until you see the Apple logo surface.
- After the logo appears, you can let go of the buttons and give your device some time to reboot.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Sleep/Wake button together.
- Maintain your grip on them until you spot the Apple logo surfacing.
- Once it’s visible, free the buttons and allow for the restart process to reach its completion.
For iPhone 8 and Newer Models:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Swiftly give the Volume Down button a press and immediate release. Next, maintain a firm press on the Side button until you’re greeted by the Apple logo.
- Upon its appearance, let go of the button and allow your device some time to reboot itself.
Solution 02: Enable Cellular Data
Perhaps, switching from Wi-Fi data to cellular data can help you overcome this error.
- Go to “Settings” on the faulty iPhone.
- Tap “Cellular” and switch on “Toggle“.
Solution 03: Check the Backup Settings of Your iCloud
If your iCloud’s backup is in the process of restoring, you won’t be able to sign out. In that case, you should either cancel that or allow that to be completed.
- Settings > [NAME].
- Then, go to iCloud and choose iCloud Backup.
- You can either wait for the process to be completed or just cancel it.
Solution 04: Disable the Screen Time Restriction
If the screen time restrictions are the culprit, below is what you should do.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Screen Time“.
- Select “Content & Privacy Restrictions“.
- After that, disable the toggle switch at the top to turn off the restrictions.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- After disabling the restrictions, sign out of your Apple ID again.
Solution 05: Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
Sometimes, resetting the network settings may fix this issue and allow you to sign out. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General“.
- Select “Transfer or Reset iPhone“.
- Tap “Reset” and select “Reset Network Settings“.
Solution 06: Factory Reset the Device
Do you still wonder why can’t I sign out of Apple ID? Here’s another solution. Well, performing a factory reset can often resolve persistent issues. Please note that a factory reset will erase all data on your iOS device. So, ensure you have a backup beforehand.
Here’s how to perform a factory reset.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “General” and scroll down to find “Transfer or Reset iPhone“.
- Then Select “Erase All Content and Settings“.
- Enter your passcode if prompted, and confirm your decision.
- Wait for the reset process to complete. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone as new or restore from a backup.
Let’s say that you wonder why you can’t sign out of your Apple ID even after the above solutions. If so, you can rely on this professional solution and remove the Apple ID easily from your iOS device.
This is Tenorshare 4uKey, which can bypass the sign-out section without requiring login credentials.
Here’s how you can use 4uKey and fix the “can’t sign out of Apple ID” issue.
1. Download 4uKey on your computer. Install and open it.
2. Click “Remove Apple ID” from the main interface.
3. Then, please connect the device to the computer using a good USB cable.
4. Thereafter, click on the option “Start Remove” and initiate the Apple ID removal process.
5. If the “Find My iPhone” option is disabled, you can wait for the application to bypass its Apple ID.
6. What if “Find My….” is still active? In that case, ensure you have access to the screening passcode & 2FA setup.
7. Download the relevant firmware package required for the process. Please note that your iOS device will be installed with the newest version after this.
8. Then, tap the “Start Remove” option so the removal of the Apple ID will begin.
9. Then, allow the program to complete the removal process.
10. On the setup page, you can use the screen passcode. Then, you can activate the respective iPhone.
With these steps, you can successfully log out of your Apple ID.
Besides, Apple product users have started noticing there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server, and we’ve got the best solutions for it here.
Part 2: Can’t Sign Out of Apple ID on Mac
Even Mac users may have the question, “Why can’t I sign out of Apple ID” once in a while. This section explains the solutions you can try under such circumstances.
What Could Possibly be the Reason?
You may experience a “can’t sign out of Apple ID” issue due to one of the following reasons.
- Due to the Screen Time passcode
- A software-related issue
- Server issues
- Ongoing iCloud backup process
- Poor internet connectivity
Solution 01: Force Quit Your System Settings
In many cases, a force-quitting might be able to overcome this issue. So, why don’t you try it as the first solution?
- Apple Menu > Force Quit.
- Then, go to “System Settings“.
- Select “Force Quit“.
- Open System Settings again and sign out of your Apple ID.
Solution 02: Disable and Enable Your Wi-Fi Connection
A poor internet connection might be another reason that won’t let you sign out of your iOS device. So, here’s how to do that.
- Click “Wi-Fi” and disable the toggle button of it.
- Wait for a while and enable Wi-Fi again.
- Try to sign out again.
Solution 03: Forget the Existing Wi-Fi Connection and Reconnect It
- Click the Wi-Fi icon and tap on “Wi-Fi Settings“.
- Click the three-dotted icon and tap “Forget This Network“.
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi and see if it works.
Solution 04: Restart the System
Rebooting is a very simple yet effective solution to fix this solution. To do that, just go to “Apple Menu” and select “Restart“.
Solution 05: Stop Any Ongoing iCloud Backup Process
If there are any ongoing backup processes, just stop it. Then, try to sign out.
Solution 06: Use the Administrator Account
Try to sign into your Mac’s administrator account. After that, check if you can sign out from the Apple ID.
Solution 07: See What the System Status Says
Make sure that you check the system status page of Apple. Then, see if iCloud is currently running properly. The server is down if you see an orange circle next to the sign-in option. In that case, you should just wait until the server is up.
Solution 08: Deactivate Your Mac’s Screen Time Passcode
Enabled Screen Time passcode disabled the sign-out button of Apple ID. So, you should check it and disable the passcode.
- Go to “System Settings“.
- Select “Screen Time“.
- Disable “Use Screen Time Passcode“.
- Enter the passcode and confirm.
Now, try to sign out of your Apple ID.
Solution 09: Update the Mac
Old OS versions can cause various issues. In fact, that can be one reason why you can’t sign out of Apple ID. So, here’s how to update your Mac.
- Go to “System Settings“.
- Tap “General” and choose “Software Update“.
- Download the most recent version of the OS and install it.
In addition, if you are facing the frustrating “update unavailable with this Apple ID” issue on your iOS device, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with four solutions!
FAQs About “Can’t Sign Out of Apple ID”
In this section, we’ll address some frequently asked questions related to the topic of being unable to sign out of Apple ID.
No, you can’t sign out of an Apple ID without a password. This is a security measure to prevent unauthorized users from tampering with your device or personal information.
The sign-out option may be greyed out due to restrictions in your device’s settings. Ensure that ‘Account Changes‘ under ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions‘ is set to ‘Allow‘.
Yes, you can use an Apple device without an Apple ID. However, you will not be able to access certain features and services such as iCloud, App Store, iTunes Store, and more.
When you sign out, all iCloud-stored data, including photos, documents, and contacts, will be removed from your device but will remain in iCloud. You can access them again by signing back in with the same Apple ID.
Yes, signing out of your Apple ID can help troubleshoot several issues. For example, if your iMessages or FaceTime isn’t working properly, signing out and then signing back in can help.
Find My iPhone is linked to your Apple ID. When you sign out, Apple wants to ensure that you still have the means to locate your device if necessary. Therefore, it asks you to turn it off before signing out.
No, you need to enter your Apple ID password to sign out of the Apple ID on your iPhone. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can try using third-party software like Tenorshare 4uKey to remove the Apple ID.
The Screen Time passcode is designed to restrict access to certain features and settings. This includes the ability to sign out of an Apple ID. To resolve this, disable the Screen Time passcode.
Signing out of your Apple ID should be a straightforward process. However, various issues can arise and make you wonder why you can’t sign out of your Apple ID.
By following the solutions outlined in this troubleshooting guide, you can overcome these obstacles. Also, if your password is forgotten, you can rely on a professional tool like Tenorshare 4uKey.