Having a backup of your WhatsApp data is a priceless thing. If you lose an important file from your WhatsApp data on your mobile device, backups come into play. Your WhatsApp backup can help you retrieve lost WhatsApp files.
More importantly, WhatsApp backups can be immensely useful when transferring data between devices. But what if your WhatsApp backup not working? Should you be frustrated? Should you be worried? Probably not!
Here, we will explain a few solutions to overcome the WhatsApp Backup Not Working issue.
This could be the most effective solution when WhatsApp backup is not working on your device. Compared to the regular backup process, this method can deliver various conveniences to the user.
In this case, the best alternative to back up your WhatsApp data is to use Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
This reliable and efficient third-party app allows WhatsApp users to back up all their important WhatsApp data. It works with Android and iPhones perfectly. Although it is a third-party app, it doesn’t compromise the safety of your data.
One of the best things about Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is that it allows you to create backups with a single click.
Here are some reasons why Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is considered a better option than official backups.
- You can keep the created backups without deleting them as long as needed.
- Previous backups of WhatsApp will not be overwritten, and the new backups will be kept as separate files.
- Don’t worry about storage limits; there is no requirement to purchase additional storage.
- You can restore WhatsApp backups to your Android or iOS devices without hassle.
- This tool allows you to transfer data between two different devices.
Now, let’s look at the steps to create a WhatsApp backup.
In This Case, we will explain how to Create a Full Backup.
Please note that Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer also allows you to create selective backups.
- First, you should download and install Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer software on your computer. Then, install it and launch it to begin the process. Once the program is launched, you should click on the ‘Backup‘ option. Then, connect the device to the same computer using a USB cable. In this case, you will have to unlock the device, so Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer will be able to detect the device.
- Now, please click on the option labeled ‘Back Up Now.’ You will see that the backup process starts immediately. After the process, you can see the backup on the computer.
Solution 2: Use Regular Methods When WhatsApp Backup is Not Working
If you don’t want to rely on a third-party tool, there are some fixes to try. However, these methods may be somewhat difficult compared to the previous option. You can try these methods individually and see if they work for you.
01. Update Your iOS System and WhatsApp App
Sometimes, WhatsApp backup may not work due to an outdated iOS or outdated WhatsApp app. So, to fix that, it goes without saying that you should update them if updates are available.
As we have noticed, outdated apps and iOS can cause various types of issues to prevent smooth operation. Once the apps and iOS are updated to the latest version, you can expect a smooth performance.
So, it is always a better option to keep the apps updated.
Mentioned Below Are the Steps to Follow and Get Whatsapp Updated.
- Go to App Store.
- Select the option called ‘Updates.’
- If an update is available for WhatsApp, tap on ‘Update‘ so it will be updated.
Here Are the Steps to Follow So You Can Get Your Device’s iOS Updated.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and choose the option labeled ‘General.’
- Then, go to ‘Software Update.’
- If you can see an update, just tap on the option labeled ‘Download and Install.’
- This will update your iOS.
02. Log out of iCloud and Log in Once Again to Fix WhatsApp Backup Not Working
For some people, login out of iCloud and login in once again will solve the issue. This is particularly applicable if the problem is related to iCloud but not to WhatsApp or your iPhone. Please follow the below guide to perform this simple trick.
- Open the Settings app and then tap on the Apple ID. Then, you should tap on the iCloud option.
- Now, you should scroll down to the bottom and tap on the option labeled ‘Sign Out.’
- Leave it for a couple of minutes. Then, sign in to your iCloud account once again. After signing in, you can check if the WhatsApp backup is not working. If the problem was related to iCloud, it should be resolved now, and you can use your backups.
03. Log out of WhatsApp and Log in Once Again
Another simple way to resolve this issue is to log out of the WhatsApp account and back in. For many individuals, this method has worked, especially if the WhatsApp account has some syncing issues.
After logging off and logging in once again, you will be able to start the synchronization process. Then, you can check if the backup works with WhatsApp.
To perform this step, you should simply sign out of WhatsApp and wait for about 5-10 seconds. Then, sign in to your account and see if the backup option works.
04. Check if the Network Connection Works
WhatsApp may fail to work as expected because of a poor internet connection or no connection at all.
As you already know, WhatsApp requires an internet connection to function. So, it is mandatory to check if you have internet or not.
Mentioned below are the steps you should take to do this.
- If you are using WLAN, switch to mobile internet, and retry the backup process. Or, if you are using mobile internet, just switch to WLAN and see if it can work.
- Turn on Airplane mode on your device for a couple of minutes and wait. Then, turn it off and let the device connect to the network. Check if your WhatsApp backup works now.
- If WhatsApp doesn’t work, you should try resetting the network settings and see if it works. To do it, you should go to ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘General.’ Then, select ‘Reset‘ and tap on ‘Reset Network Settings.’
05. Check the Storage of Your Device
If you can still not overcome the WhatsApp backup issue, you must see if you have enough storage. If there is insufficient storage, WhatsApp will not be able to create a backup.
In addition to WhatsApp backup, a lack of storage can cause various other troubles on your device. With that said, here’s what we should do to check the storage.
- Go to the Settings option on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on the option ‘General‘ and locate ‘iPhone Storage‘ by scrolling down.
- Now, you will see the storage details of the device in the next window. Deleting some of the data you don’t need is the way to gain some more free space. If your iPhone has full space, you should consider deleting heavy media files. After regaining considerable space, you should go back and see if WhatsApp backup works.
In addition, you might get annoyed if your WhatsApp is not detecting local backup at some point or another. Let’s figure out its possible reasons and easy solutions here.
Why does my WhatsApp backup keep failing?
There are several reasons why WhatsApp backup may keep failing, including poor internet connection, insufficient storage space, misconfigured settings, outdated app version, or corrupted cache files. By following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, you can address these issues effectively.
How do I check my WhatsApp backup settings?
To check your WhatsApp backup settings, open WhatsApp and navigate to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Here, you can configure the backup frequency, select the storage destination (such as Google Drive or iCloud), and manage other related options.
Will reinstalling WhatsApp delete my chat history?
Reinstalling WhatsApp does not automatically delete your chat history. However, it’s always recommended to manually back up your WhatsApp data before reinstalling the app, as a precautionary measure.
Can I manually backup my WhatsApp data?
Yes, you can manually back up your WhatsApp data. In the WhatsApp settings, you’ll find an option to initiate a manual backup. This can be useful if you want to ensure that your data is backed up immediately or if you are experiencing issues with automatic backups.
What should I do if I still can’t get WhatsApp backup to work?
If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and are still unable to get WhatsApp backup to work, it’s advisable to contact WhatsApp support. Visit the official WhatsApp support website and explore the available resources and contact options to seek further assistance.
The Bottom Line
Well, the options mentioned above can resolve the issues related to WhatsApp backup and make it work again.
We strongly recommend that it is better to try these solutions one by one without getting frustrated. However, as per our experience, we recommend using Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer to create unlimited backups.
The best thing about third-party software like Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is that it allows you to create WhatsApp backups selectively. That means you don’t have to back up all the files but can back up the files you need.
For instance, if you need to back up some of the media files, you can do it with Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
We strongly recommend you create backups at regular intervals to prevent potential data losses. As long as you create backups as a habit, you don’t worry about the data of your WhatsApp account.
More importantly, creating backups is compulsory for all the files on your iPhone. If something happens to your iPhone, your backups are there, so you can retrieve them whenever you need them.
So, those are the solutions to try if WhatsApp backup is not working on your iPhone. If you have any other solutions related to this matter, we are happy to read them. Please share your thoughts with us.
The comments section is open for you to share your valuable suggestions. Our comments can help other readers, as well.