You may go mad when your snap maps not working – that’s pretty obvious. However, you should not panic because there are several easy ways to fix it. The purpose of this article is to reveal the most convenient solutions for the same.
When you launch Snapchat, your friends will be able to see your current location on a map. This map gets refreshed in real-time thanks to the Snap Map feature.
While it’s awesome when Snap map works, it’s a pain when it does not. If you’re having trouble with Snapmap on your mobile device, try one of these solutions. You will surely be able to get it up and running again.
Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app known for its disappearing content? Users can send photos, videos, and messages that vanish after being viewed. The app offers creative tools like filters, lenses, stickers, and text overlays.
Snapchat Stories allow users to share compilations of snaps that last for 24 hours. Snapchat also features Discover, where media companies provide curated content, and Snap Map as well. This feature shows friends’ locations and global Stories. With a focus on temporary and interactive communication, Snapchat has become a popular platform for self-expression and sharing moments.
That said, in this article, we intend to explain how to overcome the issues related to SnapMap. So, go ahead and learn what to do if your snap maps not working.
Reasons Why Your Snap Maps Not Working
What’s wrong with the Snapchat world map? In fact, your Snap map may not function as intended for a variety of reasons.
We’ve compiled a list of potential causes for the snap maps not working issue. This, in fact, may also include Snapchat’s location not updating or appearing.
- Your device’s location services aren’t enabled.
- Your internet connection is poor.
- Its Ghost Mode is activated.
- Your Snapchat version is outdated.
- There is a bug in your Snap Map.
The above are the most common reasons for snap maps not working. That said, below are the solutions you should try to get rid of this issue.
Besides, if you wonder why my location is wrong on my iPhone, you will figure out the possible reasons and the best solutions to quickly and easily fix this issue.
Best Solutions to Try
If your snap maps not working, the below solutions will help you.
Method 1: Enable Location Permission for Snapchat
As mentioned before, snap maps not working errors might appear due to permission-related issues.
So, you should check if permission is granted for Snapchat to access your device’s location.
You should customize the location-related settings and switch them on with the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should open Snapchat. Then, tap the profile on your device. It is located in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Once you have done that, tap the gear icon so you can open the “Settings” page.
- You can scroll down so you can see additional services. Tap “Manage” to proceed.
- Now, select “Permissions“.
- Then, you should see the option called “Location“. Then, tap the option “Allow for Snapchat“. This will use the current location of your Snap map.
- Now, you will be directed to “Location“, which is located under the “Settings” option.
- On your Android device, you should enable the toggle switch located with the option called “Location“.
- On iPhones, select “While Using the App“.
After gaining the required location permissions, open “Snapcaht” once again. Then, tap on Map and see if it works as expected.
Solution 2: Check Location Configurations
If your snap maps not working even after the above, there is another solution you should try. As per this method, you should check the location settings.
If there’s anything wrong with those settings, you should correct them. You must know that Snapchat works only if the location on the device is set correctly.
That said, here’s how to do it.
● On an Android Device
- Press and hold the icon that represents Snapchat.
- Choose the option called “App Info” from the appearing popup menu.
- Now, you will see “Permissions“. This is where you should reach.
- Then, enable all the permissions (specifically the location). This will get your SnapMap functioning as usual.
● On an iPhone
- Go to the Settings.
- Then, scroll down and perform a search targeting Snapchat. Then, tap it.
- Under “Allow Snapchat to Access“, you can see the location (tap on it to proceed). Select the option called “While Using the App“. If not, you can select “Always“. That will allow Snapchat to access your iPhone’s location. Make sure that you enable the option called “Precise Location” as well.
Solution 3: Deactivate Ghost Mode
It’s not always the place you’re in that causes Snapchat to hide your location. Rather your own personal preferences do that.
If you don’t turn off Ghost Mode, your Snapmap position will disappear after a certain amount of time. Then, no one will be able to see it.
Here’s how to disable the Ghost Mode
- First, you should open Snapchat on your device (Android or iOS). After that, go to Map (located on the bottom-left).
- Then, you can see the cogwheel icon located on top of the device’s screen. Tap the icon and launch “Snapmap“.
- Toggle the “Ghost Mode” off if it is disabled already.
Solution 4: Change to a Different (Solid) Internet Connection
If snap maps are not working as expected, mentioned below is another solution you may try.
According to this method, you should just switch to a different internet connection that offers excellent strength.
- For instance, you can use a Wi-Fi connection that has a better bandwidth and signal strength.
- Or, just choose a different mobile data connection.
- If not, you can go to an area in which you have better signal strength.
Solution 5: Clear Snapchat Cache
If you still experience the same issue, it is better to clear the Snapchat cache.
Below is how to do it.
- First, you should go to “Snapchat“. Then, click on the profile.
- After that, tap the cogwheel. You can see it at the top of the screen. Then, go to “Settings“.
- Navigate to the option called “Account Actions“.
- Tap the option called “Clear Cache“. After that, tap “Continue” on Android devices. If it is an iOS device, tap “Clear“.
When the cache of Snapchat is cleaned correctly, you should reopen “Snap Map.” Then, see if the issue persists.
Solution 6: Update Your Snapchat App
Your Snapchat map may not be functioning properly if you are not using the most recent Snapchat version. You’re supposed to update the Snapchat app to its most recent version so you can get Snapmap working again.
Snapchat may be downloaded via the Google PlayStore on Android devices. To update, select the update option. To upgrade Snapchat to the most recent version on iOS, open the App Store and select the Updates tab. After updating, you can open your Snapchat app and see if it works properly.
Solution 7: Uninstall Snapchat and Reinstall It
If you have tried the methods above and have yet to succeed, you can go for reinstallation as well.
Here’s how to do it on different devices (Android and iOS devices).
- Press and hold on to the icon dedicated to Snapchat.
- Then, you will see a menu. Click the option called “Uninstall“.
- Once the uninstallation is completed, you can open PlayStore and install Snapchat once again.
- Press and hold the Snapchat icon. After that, click “Remove App“. You can then select “Delete App“. After that, you can confirm the choice.
- Go to your device’s App Store. Then, install Snapchat once again.
Once the Snapchat application is properly reinstalled on your device, check if the issue persists.
Also, if you want to perform a Snapchat map hack successfully, you can go through this article and learn the ways to do a Snapchat location hack.
Professional Fix to Try if Your Snap Maps Not Working on an Android Device
If none of the solutions have worked, you should try this professional tool called Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android.
Well, this is an excellent solution that fixes pretty much any issue related to Android OS. So, if you are experiencing anything wrong with your Android device’s OS, ReiBoot is an excellent option.
For instance, if the OS crashes or experience other errors, ReiBoot can easily fix it. If you experience snap maps not working, ReiBoot will help you overcome it with no hassle. The best thing about this is that it can be used even by novice users.
ReiBoot has another version for iOS devices as well. So, if your iOS device’s snap maps not working, you can use ReiBoot to overcome it.
So, in this example, we explain how to fix your Android device.
- Download ReiBoot (for Android) on your computer. After that, connect your faulty Android smartphone to that computer. Make sure that you use a good USB cable. Then, click on the option called Repair Android System.
- Then, you should click the option called “Repair Now“. After that, click “Next” so you can proceed.
- Now, a firmware package should be downloaded to the PC.
- When the package is downloaded and installed, click “Repair Now“.
- The process will take a couple of minutes to get repaired. Once the repair is completed, launch Snapchat to see if it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Snapchat doesn’t explicitly notify you if someone checks your location. The only way to infer this is if someone interacts with you based on your shared location, such as sending a message or Snap related to your location.
There could be various reasons for this. It’s possible that they want to preserve their battery life and maintain privacy, or they might not want to share their location at a specific time. The best way to know is by asking them directly.
To get Snap Maps to work, first, make sure your Snapchat app is updated. Open Snapchat, and pinch the screen using two fingers to open Snap Maps. Then, ensure that location permissions are granted for Snapchat in your device’s settings.
If a friend is in Ghost Mode, their bitmoji will be hidden from the map, and you won’t be able to see their location. However, you can still message and interact with them as usual on Snapchat.
This could be due to issues with your device’s GPS settings. Check to ensure they’re turned on and set to high accuracy mode.
Absolutely. The Snap Maps feature is just one part of Snapchat. You can still send snaps, chat with friends, and view stories without it.
In such cases, it’s recommended to contact Snapchat Support. They might have a solution for your specific issue.
Yes, older devices or those with outdated software might experience issues with Snap Maps.
While server issues can occur, they’re not common and are usually resolved quickly by Snapchat.
Yes, Snap Maps relies heavily on your device’s location services to function.
There are several possible reasons why snap maps not working. Well, regardless of the reason, the above solutions might help you overcome this issue.
If the issue is related to your issue, however, Tenorshare ReiBoot can fix it for sure. ReiBoot is a one-stop solution that can fix your Android device with just a couple of clicks.