What if there is no video option on your iPhone when you are about to capture an important moment?
What steps can you try to fix it?
Should you take your iPhone to a service center?
Or can you repair it on your own?
We will unravel the perplexing issue of the “no video option on iPhone” by exploring possible causes, troubleshooting steps, and user FAQs in this comprehensive guide.
Apple’s iPhones feature high-quality cameras ideal for taking photographs and recording video. You launch the Camera app but notice there’s no option to switch to Video mode.
Won’t you be concerned if the iPhone suddenly stops supporting the video feature? This is particularly true given how popular iPhones are among those who want to take videos. You could end up losing a priceless memory. We need to figure out a solution to this problem.
Besides, if you wonder why my location is wrong on my iPhone, you will figure out the possible reasons and the best solutions to quickly and easily fix this issue.
Solutions to Try if There’S No Video Option on iPhone
Let’s assume that you are going to capture a video at an important moment. What if you only find out that there’s no video option on your iPhone and cannot record anything? The options that are mentioned below will fix this problem.
Also, is your iPhone unable to load videos and photos? Check out our guide to learn the reasons behind the error and easy solutions to fix it.
Solution 01: Use QuickTake to Capture Videos
QuickTake is an official feature introduced by Apple itself. This specific feature helps you use the option called “Photo Mode” to record videos.
That said, if your iPhone lacks the video option, this solution can be used as a temporary solution. Please note that this method works only for iPhone XS, XR, and newer models.
- Open your device’s Camera app. When you are on the default Photo mode, you should tap on its “shutter” icon. Then, the button will become red. That means it starts recording videos. The recording will take place until you release the button.
- If not, you can swipe toward the right-hand side. Then, you can record without pressing the button. To stop the recording, you should tap on the record button.
You will see that your device’s shutter button will be moved to your screen’s right side. Tap on that button to capture a photo during the recording.
Solution 02: Use Another Camera App
In addition to the built-in Camera app, iPhone users make use of a wide variety of third-party camera applications. LINE Camera and Snapchat, are some of the examples you can consider. Let’s assume that the feature to record videos does not appear in the camera app on your iPhone.
In that case, you can try using one of the other applications listed above to capture videos. After that, save those films to the camera roll. This will be a good option to consider if you see no video option on your iPhone.
Tips You Can Follow if the Video Option Is Disappeared
So far, we discussed in our article what you should do if no video option on your iPhone. In the following sections, we explain how to fix this issue using several other methods without a tough workaround.
01. Restart Your iPhone
The most basic thing you should do if no video option on your iPhone is to restart the device. In many cases, you can fix most minor issues associated with your device by a force restart. This doesn’t want you to follow any complex processes simply with a force restart.
02. Reset All the Settings of Your Device
Some changes you have made to your device, knowingly or unknowingly, can be the root cause of this issue. If that’s the case, you will have to reset the camera settings and see if it works.
If not, you can even go for resetting all the settings. If the issue is pertaining to the settings, you can fix it by resetting the settings. Another good thing about this method is that it doesn’t erase any of your data.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” option and select “General“. Then, go to “Transfer or Reset iPhone“. After that, select “Reset“.
- Find the option called “Reset All Settings“. After that, tap on it to input the device’s passcode.
03. End Any Ongoing Calls (Video or Voice)
Let’s assume that you have made a video or voice call, and it is not ended yet. In that case, you cannot find the video option on your iPhone. If any of your apps use the microphone or the camera, the device’s camera app cannot access it.
So, you can see if there’s an ongoing call. If there’s any, just end the call. Truth be told, this is more of common sense rather than a complex solution.
04. Check for Camera Preserve Settings
Imagine that your camera settings are modified during a specific session. And let’s assume that you want to have them saved. In this case, the option called “Camera Preserve Settings” must be enabled.
These settings can change the settings, and as a result, you will see no video option on your iPhone. Below are the steps you should follow if you want to check these settings.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” option and select “Camera“. Then, go to the option called “Preserve Settings“.
- After that, tap on the camera mode and turn on or off the toggle button.
05. Update Your iOS Device
If you notice no video option on your iPhone, it can happen due to a bug in the system. Such an issue can trigger if you have not updated your device for a pretty long time. So, quite obviously, the solution is to update your device’s iOS to the latest version.
In fact, updating the system on your iPhone can be done by following the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” and select “General“.
- Go to the option called “Software Updates“.
- If there is any update available, download and install it.
After all, updating your iOS device can solve many issues pertaining to your iPhone.
If you are still bothered because of this issue, you can use Tenorshare ReiBoot and fix it easily. ReiBoot is a very impressive tool that is designed to fix many issues associated with your iOS device.
Basically, we recognize this tool as one of the best tools that address various issues on your device. One of the best things associated with this device is that it repairs issues with no data loss. So, any iOS device user can try this tool without any hesitation.
- Visit the official website of Tenorshare ReiBoot and download ReiBoot on a Mac or a PC. Then, install the program easily. Once the program is started, you can tap “Start” on the main screen to proceed.
- You can connect the iPhone to the same PC or Mac with the help of a USB cable. After that, you can select the option called “Standard Repair“.
- Then, click on the option called “Download” so you can download the most recent firmware package. Please note that this process might take a couple of minutes to be completed.
- Once you have done that, you may click on the option called “Start Standard Repair“.
- Now, the program will scan for the issues related to your device and fix them. This means it will locate the “no video option on iPhone” issue and fix it too.
This is a very simple process, so even novice users can use this tool.
07. Get in Touch with Apple Support
If none of the above solutions have worked for you, this is the only resort you can rely on. As per this method, you are supposed to contact Apple Support and explain your issue. They will provide you with a solid solution. You may wait for a reply after presenting your issue.
If not, you can even take your device to the nearest Apple Store and ask for a solution. If your device is under warranty and they cannot repair it, you may even be offered a replacement.
Please make sure that you don’t try to make any changes to the hardware components of the device. If you are not a certified Apple technician, opening the device’s cover may do more harm than good.
FAQs: Your Burning Questions Answered
A: Yes, you can still take photos as long as the Camera app is functioning properly.
A: This issue can potentially affect any iPhone model, as it’s usually related to software or storage issues.
A: Restoring your iPhone can be a last resort if all other troubleshooting steps fail. However, keep in mind that this process will erase all data on your device, so make sure to back up your information beforehand.
A: It’s possible that a third-party camera app might still be able to record videos, as it might not be affected by the same issues as the native Camera app. Give it a try if you have one installed.
A: You can attempt to switch the video resolution in the Camera app settings. Changing the resolution might refresh the app and possibly bring back the missing video option.
If you see no video option on your iPhone, you will fix it using any solution mentioned above. All those solutions are easy, so any user can try them.
However, the most successful option is Tenorshare ReiBoot, as it is designed to fix iOS errors. It’s a user-friendly, fast, and effective tool for repairing many iOS-related issues.