What if you need to send an urgent email but are only stuck on seeing the “iPhone cannot verify server identity” message?
If you have come across such a situation, you are not alone. Many other iPhone users have gotten frustrated seeing such notifications. If you need to know how to fix this issue, read on!
We all use a lot of emails for various purposes in our day-to-day lives these days. Many of us use our iPhones to send and receive official and personal emails.
The combination of the iPhone and email make a superb communication tool that makes our lives convenient. However, technical faults can occur in certain cases and prevent you from communicating smoothly.
“iPhone Cannot verify server identity” is one of those common issues you may experience at some point.
It is needless to mention, how annoying this issue can be when you badly need to send an email. The notification “cannot verify server identity” appears as a popup message.
From this point onwards, let’s learn the possible fixes if your iPhone cannot verify server security.
1. Perform a Restart on Your iPhone
Try a device restart after noticing the popup message that displays your iPhone cannot verify server identity.
That can be a basic but very effective solution you can try. A restart can solve many of the glitches associated with your iOS devices.
If your iPhone cannot verify your server identity because of a minor glitch, you can easily overcome it by restarting it.
To Perform a Restart on Your iPhone, You Should Follow the Steps Mentioned Below.
- Press and hold the device’s power button until you see a slider. This slider appears at the top of the display.
- After seeing the slider, you should drag it using your finger toward the right side of the screen. That should turn off your iPhone easily.
- Now that you have turned off your device, you should wait for about a minute or so. Then, press the device’s power button and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- You will see the Apple logo on the screen once the device starts again. Release the power button.
You can now check if you can open the mail app and send an email.
2. Restart the Mail App
If you see something wrong with your email, you should try restarting the mail app itself. Restarting the app can solve the issue in most cases if the issue is minor.
Although this’s not a surefire way to fix your email, it doesn’t hurt to close and open an app. If it was a software crash, the issue might go away with an app restart.
To close the Mail app, double-click the home button first. Now, you will see that the app switcher has been opened.
You can navigate the mail app and swipe it away to close it. You have closed it successfully if it no longer appears on your screen.
You can then reopen the Mail app on your iPhone simply by tapping it. Check if you can send an email now.
3. Remove and Add Your Email Address
Another basic method you can try to fix this issue is removing and adding your email address. As per this specific method, you will have to delete the email address from the app and re-enter it.
By doing so, you will be able to reset the identity certificate of the email. But you shouldn’t worry at all. Just because you delete an email account from your email app, you don’t lose any emails. Your actual email account will remain unharmed.
To get an email account deleted from your iPhone, you can go to the Settings app. Then, you should go to Accounts & Passwords. After that, you should go to the Accounts and find the email account causing some trouble now.
Then, you should tap on the account and tap on the red color button labeled “Delete Account.” This button is located at the bottom of the screen. You can tap “Delete Account” when prompted with a confirmation alert.
Now the respective account is removed from the Mail app. After this process, you should reenter the same email account.
To do this, go to the Settings app again and tap Accounts & Passwords. Then, go to the Add Account option. You can then select your email service and provide the required information.
4. Reset the Settings of the Device
If any of the above options doesn’t fix your issue related to email, try this option. You can see that all the device configurations are gone by resetting the Settings app.
Since many software issues are hard to track down, resetting helps greatly. After a reset, you can see that your device performs without any potential glitches.
You can try this method to fix if your iPhone cannot verify the server identity of your email.
Here’s How to Reset All the Settings.
- Open the “Settings” app and go to the General option.
- Then, find the option labeled Reset and go to Reset All Settings.
- If you have provided a passcode or a restrictions passcode, you should enter them when prompted.
- After performing the above step, you can tap on “Reset All Settings.” This option will be displayed in the form of an alert. It is found at the bottom of the screen.
That should be it!
After all those steps mentioned above, you will be able to use your mail app once again. You can try sending a test email to one of your friends or yourself. If you ever encounter the “iPhone cannot verify server identity,” you can try the options above.
But read on; our best solution is yet to come.
As you may have already witnessed, failing to send an email at a crucial time is frustrating.
When it comes to an issue like “Cannot verify server identity iOS 13”, you badly need to fix it. Otherwise, sending an email or receiving important emails can be a nightmare for you.
Some conventional methods we use to fix iPhone-related issues can be temporary. Some of these issues can reemerge at one time or another.
If you probably need to solve iOS-related issues, you should find a professional tool. Remember that “cannot verify server identity” is yet another issue on your iPhone.
Any iPhone can encounter a variety of minor glitches as you use it for a long time. In other words, there is no invincible iPhone made yet. Apps, including Mail, can crash due to clogged cache memory, junk files, and many other issues. So, having a powerful tool to address such instances is a must.
This is exactly when a tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot comes to play. This special software works on both Windows and Mac computer systems. ReiBoot is the best tool to fix an issue like “cannot verify server identity.”
Whether you use an iPhone, iPod, or iPad, this tool can fix it in minutes. With the assistance of this tool, you can enjoy a smoothly working Mail app once again on your iPhone.
- ReiBoot is special software that can resolve issues like “iPhone cannot verify server identity.”
- Single-click operation to fix Mail-related issues.
- It doesn’t cause any data loss on your iOS device.
- It doesn’t need you to install any app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Now, let’s see how to use Tenorshare ReiBoot and resolve the “iPhone cannot verify server identity” error.
01. Run the program and connect your device with software problems. Select the iOS System Repair Mode from the home interface and click on the Fix Now button.
02. The software will prompt you to download the firmware package suitable for your device’s current software. Click on the Download button and wait as the file is downloaded and verified.
03. As the software gets ready, click on the Start Standard Repair button, and the process will be initiated. The software will notify you when the process finishes, and your device will reboot.
1. What does “iPhone cannot verify server identity” mean?
It means your iPhone cannot verify the certificate of the server trying to connect to your device.
2. Why is verifying server identity important?
It’s crucial for securing your data from malicious servers and potential data breaches.
3. Can incorrect date and time settings cause this error?
Yes, inaccurate date and time settings can trigger this error.
4. How can I resolve this issue?
Check your date and time settings, connect to a different network, update your iPhone software, or reset your network settings.
5. When should I contact Apple Support?
If the issue persists after trying the solutions mentioned above, it’s time to contact Apple Support.
Well, fixing an issue like “iPhone cannot verify server identity” is easy (if you have the correct tool).
So, we expect you to review the methods mentioned in this article and find the best match. We hope you’ll find this article to be useful.