If your question is “how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free,” this article is the answer. Here, we walk you through all the steps to unlock your iPhone without any difficulty.
Once you have completed reading this article, you can unlock your phone and use it smoothly.
Part 1: What Does It Mean by a Blacklisted iPhone?
Well, the subject of blacklisted iPhones is pretty confusing for many individuals. Some countries (such as America) have a massive database that comprises the details of lost phones. Whenever an iPhone is lost or stolen, the EMEI of the device can be traced using this database.
Then, the respective device will be blocked so no one can use it. Such a blocked device is considered to be a blacklisted iPhone. Well, that is the simplest way to describe a blacklisted iPhone.
According to the above description, a blacklisted device is an iPhone that doesn’t work. That means it doesn’t work on any network established in the country of origin of the device.
For instance, if you buy an iPhone on the AT&T network, it becomes useless if AT&T blacklists it. You cannot use it on any network like T-Mobile, Verizon, or any other network.
So, as a smart customer, you should never buy or use a blacklisted device. The best way to avoid it is by checking if the respective iPhone is blacklisted.
With such an approach, you will never waste your money on a device that is useless.
Well, if you hope to find out how to check if a particular device is blacklisted, follow the instructions below.
- Find the IMEI of your device.
The first step to checking if your device is blacklisted is getting its IMEI. You can simply check the IMEI of the device using a code on the phone dialer. To do that, just type *#06# on it so it will display the device information.
- Then, you should visit a website that can check the status of IMEI. https://swappa.com is one of those tools that can check the status of the device.
PS: Let’s figure out how to perform iCloud unlock free with ease.
Part 2: Is It Possible to Remove an iPhone from the Blacklist?
What if you have already purchased an iPhone which is blacklisted? Should you give it up and look for another device? Well, most people get really disappointed after purchasing a blacklisted device. If that has happened to you, you might be blaming yourself and become frustrated.
However, the truth is that there is still an opportunity for you to get it working again. In other words, it can be possible to whitelist your device and use it again. So, in the next section of our guide, we explain how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free.
Part 3: How to Unlock a Blacklisted Phone for Free
In this part, we will explain how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free. We know that it can be very good news for those who have blacklisted iPhones in hand. The best thing about this method is that you can get it done without costing anything at all.
Well, to unlock your iPhone for free, you should contact the respective network carrier. On the other hand, the success rate of this method cannot be guaranteed as it depends on various reasons.
So, knowing how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free is partially beneficial. It may or may not work. In that case, you might have to try a better, more efficient, and more reliable way to get it done. The next section of our guide will tell you how to unlock a locked iPhone in an efficient manner.
Part 4: How to Unlock a Blacklisted Phone through a Paid Method?
In Part 03 of our article, we explained how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free. However, as we mentioned, this specific method has a significant drawback. The success rate of this method is not as impressive as you would expect.
So, that is not the most recommended method. So, in this section of our guide, we explain how to unlock a blacklisted phone using paid methods.
In fact, there is no shortage of options in the market when you search for a paid method. But only some of those methods are as good as they promise. We studied a lot about these programs and refined the long list to give you the best.
That said, please refer to the options below and find your best match to unlock a blacklisted device. To make it a comprehensive review, we emphasize the good and bad points of those options.
Are you looking for a legal, safe, and very reliable method to unlock a blacklisted iPhone? If that is the case, DirectUnlocks is a legitimate, safe, and guaranteed method to unlock both iPhones and Androids, unlock Cricket phone and use it in a different network. Adding more value to this method, it unlocks the device without voiding the warranty.
In fact, they utilize the official method, which is used by Apple and network carriers to unlock blacklisted devices. DirectUnlocks offers a very impressive money-back guarantee option for any user who is not satisfied with their unlocking process.
Having considered that fact, it can be said that DirectUnlocks is a very reliable method. Also, it doesn’t make you waste money.
- When it comes to unlocking iPhones, DirectUnlocks takes 24 hours to complete the process.
- The success rate of the DirectUnlocks tool may not be 100% all the time.
ExpressUnlocks is a solid, permanent option for those who want to unlock their iPhones. In fact, this option allows you to remove any iPhone from the blacklist without causing any damage. It is a pretty decent solution compared to some of the random methods available on the internet.
- This method works based on the IMEI code, and the time it takes cannot be guaranteed.
- The process will make your device depends on 3G/4G/5G.
Bonus Tip: Removing iCloud Activation Lock Quicker and Easier
The tools we have mentioned in our guide above come with some negative feedback as well. Although those tools serve some iPhone users, they may not be effective for every single user. So, the most effective way is to find a way to remove the iCloud Activation Lock on the device.
Once you have removed the iCloud activation lock, the rest is very simple and fast. You can then remove the phone from blacklisting without necessarily getting the assistance of an expert.
However, to do it, you should find a reliable and professional software tool with solid performance. In this case, the best phone unlocking software we can recommend is Tenorshare 4MeKey.
Please follow up below a simple guide in order to remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
- First, you should go to the official page of Tenorshare 4MeKey and download the software on your computer. Then, just install it using the instructions provided on the screen. At the completion of the installation, you can launch the program to see the main interface.
- Now, you will be able to see a button labeled “Start,” so you will have to press it. This is the beginning of the iCloud activation removal process. Once you have clicked on it, you will have to jailbreak the respective iPhone. For macOS users, it is a matter of following the prompt that appears on the screen.
- After that, you can simply click on the option called “Next” that appears as a button. This will start to remove the iCloud activation lock from the respective device, and you should wait for that.
- After spending a couple of minutes, you can see a notification saying the process is completed successfully.
- At the completion of this process, you can configure your device under a new Apple ID.
That’s basically it. As you can see, it is a very effective, reliable, and surefire way to remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
- It is a very reliable option that can remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
- You can use it easily, even if you are a novice user with no experience.
- There is no time-wasting associated with this method.
- This tool allows you to configure your iOS device under a new iCloud account.
- It is a perfect alternative for those who wonder how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free.
1. Can I unlock a blacklisted phone myself?
While it is possible to unlock a blacklisted phone yourself, it is recommended to seek professional assistance to avoid any legal issues or potential risks.
2. Is it illegal to unlock a blacklisted phone?
The legality of unlocking a blacklisted phone varies by country. It is advisable to consult local laws or seek professional advice to ensure compliance.
3. Can I use a blacklisted phone on Wi-Fi?
Yes, you can still use a blacklisted phone to connect to Wi-Fi and utilize certain features that do not require mobile network access.
4. Will unlocking a blacklisted phone remove it from the blacklist?
No, unlocking a blacklisted phone will not automatically remove it from the blacklist. Unlocking allows you to use the device on compatible networks, but the blacklist status remains.
5. Can I sell an unlocked blacklisted phone?
It is generally not recommended to sell an unlocked blacklisted phone, as it may cause issues for the new owner and potentially lead to legal consequences.
The Bottom Line
There is only one method for those who wonder how to unlock a blacklisted phone for free. So, the chances are that you might end up wasting your time on it. However, as an effective alternative, you can try Tenorshare 4MeKey and remove the iCloud Activation Lock instead.
It can help you remove your device from the blacklist and use it under a new iCloud account. Also, the process is simple and shorter. This method reduces the potential of getting scammed.