If you are new to Twitter and want to learn how to see deleted Tweets of others, then you are on the right page.
In this article, we will talk about how to see deleted Tweets for free. Additionally, we will also talk about strategies to recover deleted Tweets and media (videos, photos, etc.)
Know More About Twitter
Twitter is one of the most sought-after and acclaimed social media platforms today. It has become a leading source of communication, entertainment, and news.
With more than 300 million users from all parts of the world, it is safe to say that Twitter has become more than just a social tool.
In today’s time, almost every kind of business is being conducted on a social media website. Most people use Twitter as their primary source of news from around the world.
Therefore, it is safe to say that Twitter is a popular micro-blogging service today. In fact, the news does travel much faster via this platform.
As humans, we are all entitled to voice our thoughts and opinions. Due to this, even a single tweet can either be a problem-solver or the cause of the mayhem. We have seen many such Tweets go viral in the past few years.
On Twitter, Finding a Personal Space Has Become Very Difficult
All your Tweets are viewed by a large number of people, all of whom belong to different parts of the world. You may find yourself looking through the Tweets of others similarly.
Now, finding Tweets is very easy. However, learning how to see deleted Tweets of others is not so much. Officially, there is no way to view your deleted Tweets on Twitter.
Even if the tweet did mention your name, it would not be visible to you. You will only receive a notification of the tweet. However, if the original tweet has been deleted by the user, the notification will get deleted as well.
Thankfully, there are some ways that can help you learn how to see deleted Tweets. However, you need to remember that these methods may compromise your privacy and data security. Therefore, it is not advised that you do so.
Why Would You Want to Learn How to See Deleted Tweets of Others?
Yes, there are many reasons why you would want to learn how to see deleted Tweets. In most cases, they are trying to make a point based on the deleted tweet, especially if that person is famous. Or, you are looking for an old tweet from your favorite public figure or celebrity.
Then, you may also be researching a topic and want to view all the Tweets regarding the subject, including the deleted ones.
These are just some of the many reasons why you would want to learn how to see deleted Tweets.
Luckily, there are many methods available that can help you do so, which we have discussed in this article. While the task may look difficult, you will be able to learn how to see deleted Tweets.
What Are Some Different Ways to Learn How to See Deleted Tweets?
As we have mentioned before, there are quite some ways to learn how to see deleted Tweets. Some of them include the following:
1. View The Internet Archives
One of the best ways to learn how to see deleted Tweets is to visit the Internet Archives – Wayback Machine website. Next, you need to type in the Twitter URL address.
Then, look for the deleted Tweets you want. To search faster, you can also enter the date range of the tweet. Or, you could simply visit the archived version of the Twitter account to check the deleted Tweets.
Let us learn how you can do so:
- Head over to archive.org/web if you want to look for someone’s deleted Twitter Tweets.
- Next, you need to copy the Twitter profile where you want to see the deleted Tweets and paste it on the Wayback Machine website.
- You then need to click on the Browser History button and select the date when they have posted the deleted tweet.
- Once done, you will be able to view the deleted Tweets, along with the texts, images, videos, etc.
Besides, if you have wondered ‘Who visited my Twitter profile‘ recently, here are some practical methods to check who visits your Twitter profile easily.
2. Twitter Deleted Tweet Archive
With the help of Twitter archives, you can recover all deleted Tweets. You will have to put in a request to download the Twitter archives.
To do this, you first need to head to the Settings option and then tap on Account. Here, head to Archives and request the download.
After you follow the steps, you will be able to download all the archived Tweets, including the deleted ones. The Tweets will be sorted based on the date, from earliest to latest. You can use the dates to navigate through the Tweets to find the one you are looking for.
Let us learn how you can do so:
- Head over to your Twitter account and tap on the More option.
- Next, you need to tap on the Settings and Privacy option.
- Once you open the account settings, you need to tap on the Download An Archive Of Your Data option.
- You will have to verify your identity. You will receive a code on your login email address.
- Once done, you will see the Request Archive option. You will instantly receive the deleted and old Tweets within 24 hours.
- On your web browser, you will receive a zip file. Open the file, and you can start looking for the old and/or deleted Tweets. All the Tweets are categorized based on date.
3. Use Twipu to Find Deleted Tweets
One of the best tools that can help you learn how to see deleted Tweets is Twipu. All you need to do is type in your Twitter username on Twipu. Once done, you will see all your deleted Tweets.
Using Twipu is considered the simplest and fastest way to learn how to see deleted Tweets. However, the site’s reliability and security are very questionable. This is because the site is not backed by any known company.
Additionally, such unofficial sites often do not provide any more information.
SnapBird is another great tool that you can use to learn how to see deleted Tweets. Apart from allowing you to look through your old Tweets, you can also check comments and reTweets.
However, the catch here is that the platform will not load the Tweets for you. Therefore, it is suggested that you use a third-party tool for the same.
5. Utilize Twitter’s Advanced Search Feature
Another simple method to learn how to see deleted Tweets is to use Twitter’s Advanced Search feature. You simply need to get in touch with Twitter support to find deleted or old Tweets.
The Advanced Search feature is quite a handy tool that can help you find deleted Tweets. All you need to do is type in the exact phrases or words, and you will find the deleted tweet.
Let us learn how you can do so:
- Head over to the Twitter application on your mobile device.
- Next, you need to open the Twitter Advanced Search option.
- Tap on the Accounts subheading. Here, type the username in the ‘From These Accounts‘ section.
- Once done, you will see the Dates option. Here, you need to enter the dates from where you want to start and end.
- After setting the dates, you need to tap on the Search option. You will then be shown all the Tweets from between the start and end dates.
With the help of the Advanced Search filter, you will be able to eliminate irrelevant Tweets and find the ones relevant to you. There is a high chance that you will be able to find the deleted Tweets.
Also read: How to hide likes on Twitter from other users?
6. Check on Google Cache
You can also look for your deleted Twitter Tweets via Google cache. All the deleted Tweets can be found on Google Cache.
All the web pages you see at Google Cache are backed up if you are unable to access a specific page. Let us learn how you can do so:
- Open a new tab on your web browser and type in Twitter Along With The Username of the account whose deleted Tweets you want to view.
- You will find all the latest Tweets in the Search Results. You need to tap on the Cached option.
- You will be redirected to the cached versions of the Tweets. You can then sort them based on the date and time.
- After you find the Tweets, you can save them via a screenshot.
As you can see, learning how to see deleted Tweets is very easy. All these steps can help you find all your deleted Tweets. If you know of any more methods, you can let us know in the comment section.