Knowing how to screenshot on a Huawei smartphone is exceptionally useful in many instances during your daily activities.
Screenshots are one of the strongest evidence when it comes to activities that take place on smartphones.
Chat messages, comments, transactions, emails, call history, and any other information can be captured and saved using screenshots.
When it comes to Huawei devices, there are several ways to take screenshots on them. So, you can go through the following details and learn how-to-screenshot-on-Huawei easily.
How Do You Screenshot on a Huawei Smartphone?
Well, mentioned below are what to do if you wonder How to take a screenshot on Huawei. There are different options that may match your situation so let’s find out how to put them into practice.
PS: here is the completed guide on screen mirroring for Huawei for your reference too.
Option 01: How to Screenshot on Huawei Using Hardware Buttons
We will explain how to use the “screenshot” feature using the hardware controls first. This option is very handy, specifically if you are not that comfortable with gestures.
So, first and foremost, choose the screen from which you wish to capture an image. Find the volume and power buttons on the right side of your device, which should be gently protruding.
You may do this by simultaneously tapping and holding down the power and volume buttons on your phone. The same theory applies to tablets as well. You will hear a nice shutter sound after doing it.
The screen of the device will then be flickered, indicating that a screenshot has been taken. Open the photo gallery and look for the picture there.
Besides, if you wonder how to screenshot on Motorola, this guide you should check out.
- First, locate the screen that should be captured.
- Then, hold both the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons at the same time to hear the shutter sound.
- That’s it. You can open your gallery and locate the image.
Option 02: How to Screenshot on Huawei By Accessing the Device’s Shortcuts
There’s another simple yet effective method to take screenshots on your device. As per this method, you don’t want to use any gestures. Instead, you can find the screen to capture and drag it down.
After dragging it all the way down from the top, you can see a special icon. In fact, it looks like scissors. All you need is to press that icon. A screenshot of the current screen will be captured now.
- First of all, drag the notification bar down all the way from the top.
- After that, you will be able to find the button that appears like scissors. It is located on the right-hand side of the middle row.
- Click on it so you can perform a new screenshot.
You can open your phone’s gallery now and find the captured screenshot.
Option 03: How to Screenshot on Huawei Using Knuckle Taps
These are 2 simple methods for taking a screenshot, though they aren’t the fastest. Taking screenshots on an Android device has been a pain in the neck for many folks in the past.
So, gestures are probably the most convenient method of accomplishing this. Do you want to capture a screenshot quickly and save it to your hard drive?
If so, all you have to do is tap twice on the screen using your knuckle. That is all there is to it, really!
- First, you should knock on your device’s display when the capturable screen is there. Be sure to tap on the device’s screen twice.
- Then, you will hear a sound similar to “shutter“. The screen will be captured now.
- Go to the image gallery and navigate to the image.
Option 04: How to Screenshot on Huawei Taking a Partial Screenshot
In some cases, you may need partial screenshots. If this is the case with you and you want to take a partial screenshot, here’s what you should do.
Assume that you want to draw a boundary around an area of your phone’s screen. In this case, you only need to knuckle on the screen. Then, you should wait for the blue line to appear before drawing the outline. As you move your knuckle around the screen, a picture will be taken of the region you’ve selected.
Afterward, you may choose from a variety of shapes for your screenshot. For instance, you can have a personalized pattern, a circle, a square, and a heart. After that, you may save the picture simply by clicking on the special icon.
- First, using your knuckles, you should knock on the screen that should be captured. When you do that, a fuzzy, blue line will appear.
- Now, you should draw the line (a boundary), so you can differentiate a part that should be captured. Moreover, you are supposed to maintain contact with the screen to accomplish this task successfully.
- Now, tap on the icons that represent shapes (top part of the screen).
- That’s it. You can save, edit or share captured images.
And that’s how to take a screenshot on Huawei.
Option 05: How to Screenshot on Huawei Taking a Scrolling Screenshot
Huawei devices allow you to capture scrolling screenshots in an easier manner. This is useful if you don’t expect to follow the tedious process of taking several pictures. Think of a website that’s larger than the current display, and you want to capture the entire website.
It’s as simple as knuckling down on a flat surface until you see a small blue dot emerge. With a single stroke, you may take screenshots of your whole website. In this case, you can draw the letter S over your screen.
- First, knock on the screen using a knuckle. Then, you should hold it to see the fuzzy, blue line.
- Now, draw the letter S without breaking the connection.
- That’s it. The device will scroll the screen down to the bottom. Then, it will capture the entire web page.
- Can I take a screenshot on any Huawei phone model? Yes, the process should be similar across all recent Huawei phone models.
- What can I do if my screenshot isn’t saving? Ensure there’s enough storage space on your phone. If storage is not the issue, try restarting your phone or updating your software.
- Can I take a screenshot without using the buttons? Yes, with the knuckle-tap feature, you can take a screenshot simply by double-tapping the screen with your knuckle.
- Can I capture a video with the screenshot feature? No, the screenshot feature only captures images. However, most Huawei phones have a built-in screen recording feature.
- How can I edit my screenshot? You can edit your screenshot in the Gallery app. Options include cropping, drawing on the image, and adding text.
Conclusion on How to Screenshot on Huawei
So, that’s how-to-screenshot-on-Huawei. As you can understand, there are several options to choose from based on your requirement. All you need is to go through the steps carefully and capture the screenshots as you like.
The truth is that none of the above options are difficult, thanks to the user-friendly design of Huawei devices. Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? Please let us know.