If you own an Android smartphone/iPhone and a PlayStation 4, you may be wondering how to screen mirror on PS4 from mobile so that you can stream images and movies from your tablet or smartphone to the PS4.
If you conduct a Google search, you will receive dozens of different results with a slew of various possible answers. That can be confusing for a lot of users.
Hence, this guide will assist you in screen mirroring your smartphone on your PS4.
If you have been wondering, “Can you screen mirror on PS4“, the answer to that is yes. The PlayStation 4 is a game system from the eighth generation. It is more than just a gaming console.
It has evolved into a media box capable of playing music, films, games, and other stuff from a local or remote network.
Casting your phone on it will be minor in comparison to the device’s potential. Keep reading to know more!
How to Screen Mirror iPhone on PS4?
Because not every mirroring application can link your smartphone to a PlayStation 4, we have compiled a list of the two best ways to project to a PS4 from an iPhone:
Click here to know more about how to screen mirror from iPhone to Sony TV.
True, not all mirroring applications will allow you to link your smartphone to your PS4. Plex, thankfully, can complete the task in under a minute. It is a screen mirroring program that enables iPhone users to mirror their handset’s screen to any device, such as a PlayStation 4.
It allows video, audio, and picture streaming. The software automatically arranges your files, so you do not have to waste time looking for the content you want to play. It is free to use, but you may upgrade to the Plex Pass to watch and record live TV or podcasts.
The free trial allows you to stream media by simply viewing ad-supported TV shows and movies. On the other hand, its premium service comes with a plethora of features.
Take a look at the instructions for screen mirroring on PS4 from your iPhone.
- Make a free profile by visiting the Plex official site and tapping on “Sign Up“. Keep a record of your login details since you will need them to connect devices.
- Navigate to the PlayStation Store and scroll to the bottom of the “Apps” category. Choose “Popular” and look for Plex. After the app has been installed, return to your home screen and select “TV & Video” > “Plex“.
- Click the “Sign In” option and use a browser to navigate to the link displayed on your screen. Log in to your profile and then input the code on your TV. When you hit “Link,” you should get an App linked message, indicating that you have successfully configured your device. If you get an error notice on your screen, disregard it and click “Go Home” rather than “Retry“.
- Download Plex on your Apple smartphone now. Start the application and select “Stay in Trial Mode“. Before you may screen cast iPhone to PS4, you must first complete the following steps.
- Select the menu icon or the three horizontal bars after selecting “Grant Permission“. Check the boxes next to “Advertise server,” “Show camera roll media,” and “Network discovery” in “Settings” > “System“.
- Next, go to your PS4’s Home screen, and you will notice your iPhone device in the upper right corner of your TV, along with the local films and photographs. To begin streaming, choose the folder and press the play button.
Suppose you have been wondering how to screen mirror on PS4 and have been unsure how iMediaShare is another free software offered on the Appstore that allows you to link your smartphone to a separate server.
Users may easily play music, films, and photographs to the audio system or TV screen with this application. You may also use iMediaShare to stream content from your Ios mobile to your PS4.
The primary screen has huge, visible buttons that allow you to reach the essential settings right away. There is a button for videos, another for photographs, another for music, and even one for Facebook.
So, if you simply want to utilize mirror cast apps for iPhone to project home videos or images onto the big screen for family pleasure, this is the software for you. It is also an excellent choice for visually challenged or less tech-savvy individuals.
iMediaShare is an excellent tool for sharing data between your smartphone and your PS4 screen because of its simple, quick, and easy-to-use interface. This app is distinguished by the fact that it automatically lists accessible methods.
Thus, all you have to do is choose one of the available alternatives, and you will be able to view your media files from the receiving device, as long as both devices are connected to the same network.
- Download iMediaShare on your device.
- Launch the application and choose what you want to broadcast from the main screen. Select “Gallery Photos” or “Gallery Videos,” for example.
- Scroll down and pick “All Videos” to access all video files on your smartphone.
- Select the files you want to cast to your PS4 and press the “Choose a screen” button. Select your PS4 from the list of supported devices to begin streaming.
- Keep in mind that if your Apple device and PS4 are not connected to the same WiFi network, identifying your device will be impossible after detection mode is turned on.
How to Screen Mirror Android on PS4?
You can instantly screencast your Android phone using screencasting applications. Here are the top applications for casting your phone to your PlayStation 4.
By the way, click here to know more about screen mirroring on Huawei phones.
1. PlayStation App
Sony has officially created the PlayStation app in order to provide consumers with a superb PlayStation experience. It is completely free to download and use.
The tool enables you to start downloading games to your console from your Android device. For PS4 users, it also offers voice chat, texting, and shopping.
Follow these instructions to start screen mirroring on PS4 from your Android:
- Install the PlayStation Application on your Android device. Open it and sign in with your PlayStation Network account’s login information.
- Turn on your PS4 and navigate to Settings, PlayStation App Connection Settings, then Add Device.
- Keep the code number that displays on the screen in mind.
- Now, on your Android, launch the PlayStation App and click Connect to PS4 and then Second Screen.
- Your mobile phone is now being screencast to PS4.
2. PS4 Second Screen
The PS4 Second Screen software is a useful tool for making your gaming sessions easier and more enjoyable. Many video game players place a premium on accessibility. There are smartphone controllers available to enhance your gaming experience, but you can also use the PS4 Second Screen app to simplify PS4 navigation.
The app has various functions that help you navigate your PS4 menu and access extra content in compatible titles. The PS4 Second Screen software lets you connect to your PS4 system via your smartphone.
To assist you in getting started, below are the instructions for using the app.
- On your Android smartphone, download the PS4 second screen app from the Play Store.
- Open the PS4 second screen and log in with your PlayStation Network account’s login information. PlayStation devices will now be seen on your device.
- Turn on your console, then to settings, then mobile app connection options, and finally add device. A screen with a number will appear.
- Return to your Android device and tap your PS4 name, then input the code to link your phone to your console.
- Your phone’s screen is now projected to PS4.
3. LocalCast for Chromecast
If you have been scratching your head over how to screen mirror on PS4, LocalCast for Chromecast is the next app on the list. LocalCast, contrary to its name, can be utilized with devices other than Chromecast. It also works nicely with other devices such as Smart TVs, Roku, and Amazon Stick.
However, key functions, such as zoom, pan, and rotate, are only available with Chromecast or Google Cast devices. If you enjoy viewing movies with this sort of connectivity, this software offers opensubtitle.org integration, although it is limited to Chromecast and Apple TV, which is a disappointment.
If the unique qualities of Chromecast can be standardized in the future, the application will genuinely grow in scope. Furthermore, this software has a plethora of features that might assist you in watching movies, such as subtitle support.
How To Cast Your Phone To PC?
Aside from projecting iOS and Android to PS4, we propose you try ApowerMirror, a mirroring application. With a few clicks, you can connect your Android phone’s screen to your PC.
As a result, you get a huge computer screen to smoothly handle your Android phone. Whether you want to play a game or get some work done, this is a wonderful solution.
Furthermore, all social media applications, such as Snapchat and WhatsApp, can be controlled using a keyboard and mouse. The best part is that you can also watch movies or TV on a huge screen.
1. Can I screen mirror my iPhone to my PS4? Yes, you can mirror your iPhone to a PS4 using apps like Video & TV SideView or PS4 Second Screen.
2. Do I need a Wi-Fi connection for screen mirroring? Yes, a stable Wi-Fi connection is crucial for screen mirroring.
3. Can all smartphones screen mirror to a PS4? Most modern smartphones (both Android and iOS) can screen mirror to a PS4 with the right app.
4. Why can’t I connect my smartphone to my PS4? Ensure both your PS4 and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and check if the screen mirroring app is running correctly.
5. Is screen mirroring from smartphone to PS4 free? Yes, screen mirroring is free. However, some apps may offer premium features for a fee.
Final Words on How To Screen Mirror On PS4
All of the tools listed in this blog can assist you in mirroring your Android or iPhone smartphone to a PlayStation 4.
It is also worth noting that mirroring a mobile phone to a PS4 is appropriate for vloggers who want to live stream their games, as well as gamers like us who want to play games without continuously checking our phones for updates.
Hopefully, with this article, we have been able to answer your question “how to screen mirror on PS4“.