Do you like to know how to stream PS4 on Discord? If so, this article would be your perfect guide. This article explains the most practical ways to stream your PS4 console on Discord.
You don’t need sophisticated hardware to stream gameplay to committed spectators. Sony’s PS4 console lets you stream even to a PC. The best thing is that you can do this without using a capture card.
It is true that capture cards let you experience improved quality. However, on the other hand, they are pretty expensive. Remote Play can be considered another option. But it comes with some drawbacks as well.
Are you a professional streamer or even a Twitch veteran? In either case, it is handy to get familiar with a few strategies for streaming PS4 gaming.
You may always swap from one option to the other when your chosen approach fails. That will guarantee that the viewers have something they can enjoy.
How to Stream PS4 on Discord using Twitch
In this section, let’s learn about the
There is no surprise, as plenty of them have invented various techniques to stream on Twitch, which is the dominant platform for gamers to broadcast. Streaming to this well-known site does not necessitate a complex setup, though.
Without the usage of capture devices or additional HDMI cords, you may stream to Twitch. There are a few things you’ll need before you get started:
- Your PC
- PS4 Console
- DualShock 4 controlling device
- PS4’s Remote Play
- OBS or an application that functions in the same manner
Everything can be done quickly if you have the necessary tools. It won’t take long, so don’t be concerned. What you must do is mentioned in the section below.
PS: let’s figure out how to perform Discord screen share.
Part 1: Installing the Devices and Synchronizing Them
- On your Windows PC, download PS4 Remote Play and install it with OBS.
- Use a USB cord to connect the DUALSHOCK 4 controllers to the PC.
- Take a look at Sony’s data-gathering policies.
- The Remote Play app allows you to access your PlayStation Network (PSN) account.
- Wait for your PS4 to sync to the PC via the internet if it is on.
- You’ll be able to see your PS4’s home screen using the Remote Play software.
Besides, if you are experiencing the issues like Discord Stream No Sound, here are the top solutions.
Part 2: Configuring an OBS
- Start the OBS.
- Now, you should locate and select the gear cog at the bottom of the page.
- To capture a window, select “Window Capture” from the menu. “Remote Play” is an example of a source that can be captured.
- Select the appropriate streaming window.
- Ensure that the PS4’s main menu is encoded in OBS’s encoder before continuing to the next level.
- Twitch has added the ability to stream your games.
Remote Play can be used to broadcast content if the installed capture card fails. There are better options out there, but this one works.
You’ll have better gaming and streaming experience if you use two Ethernet connections or a solid internet connection. And that’s how to stream PS4 on Discord using Twitch.
Streaming PS4 using a Capture Card “Elgato”
Do you wonder how to stream PS4 on Discord using an Elgato capturing card? If so, you can go ahead and learn the steps mentioned below.
You can get better streaming quality by connecting an Elgato capturing card to your PC. Some of the most popular streamers use Elgato’s capture cards to stream the games or record gameplay.
Do you have a capture card and an HDMI connector? If so, you can broadcast your gameplay from the PS4.
You’ll need the following to stream using an Elgato capture card:
- An Elgato capture card is mandatory.
- A computer.
- HDMI connection cord.
- PS4 console.
- OBS (software for obscure broadcasting).
- You can begin streaming your PS4 games as soon as you have all the necessary equipment.
Step 01 – Configuring Your PS4 Console
- First, you should turn off the PS4 console.
- After that, go to the “Settings” menu and choose the option called “System.”
- Now, you should turn off the option called “Enable HDCP.”
Step 02 – Connect Your Capture Card (Elgato)
- First, you should download Elgato Games Capture HD application and install it and connect the capture card.
- After that, connect the PS4 console to the “In” port of your capture card. You should use an HD card to do that.
- The “Out” port of the capture card should be connected to the TV or the PC monitor. Use another HDMI cable to accomplish this task.
- Make use of a USB cable to connect the capture card to the PC.
Step 03 – Streaming Your Gameplay with Any Platform
- First, you should open OBS on the PC.
- Now, you should configure the PS4 gameplay to be the source.
- It will appear on your OBS encoder. Then, you can begin the streaming process. You can do it either on Twitch or other platforms.
It is true that other capture cards don’t always require users to install any supporting software. So, these procedures should work with some other capture cards as well. It’s on a case-by-case basis.
It is possible to broadcast PS4 gaming if a capture card is connected to the PS4, PC, and screen. It’s possible that HDCP will restrict you from recording stuff like Netflix and Hulu movies and shows. Because HDCP is enabled, you won’t be able to stream certain areas.
In addition, the Elgato capturing card usually works perfectly if the PC exceeds the minimum requirements. And that’s why a high-end gaming PC must be your first pick for streaming. If you want to carry your gaming setup with you, you can also use gaming laptops.
The best available hardware should be installed in your gaming computer system or laptop. Stuttering and latency can be caused by weaker and slower hardware.
What Can You Do to Stream a PS4 Gameplay on a PC Using Discord?
With the right equipment, you can easily stream anything to Discord. Streaming to Discord is possible in a number of different ways. Let’s take a closer look at one.
Get these things ready first.
- Your PS4 console
- Discord profile
- Twitch profile
There are several methods to accomplish this task.
This is a pretty complicated option, but it works well. So, let’s learn how to do it and how to stream PS4 on Discord.
● Configure the PS4 Console
1. First, you should open PS4 configurations and select the option “Sharing & Broadcasts.”
2. After that, go to “Link with Other Services.”
3. Combine the Twitch account with your PS4.
4. Open the preferred game.
5. Hit Share on the PC4 console.
6. Choose “Broadcast Gameplay.”
7. Use Twitch to be the streaming option.
8. Change the settings as you wish.
9. Select the option called “Start Broadcasting.”
- Switch on the PC. Then, log into your Twitch account.
2. Go to “Channel.”
3. Go to the Live Stream option.
4. Choose “Discord.”
5. Choose the server and select the voice channel.
6. Select the option called “Screen.”
7. Select the stream you intend to broadcast.
8. Go to “Settings” and select “Go Live.”
To accomplish this method, you should follow the steps below.
1. Install the PS4 Remote Play on the PC.
2. Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 to the PC using a USB cable.
3. Accept the terms and conditions.
4. Log in to the PSN on your Remote Play.
5. Turn the PC on. Then, wait for a while, and you can synchronize it.
6. When the devices are connected, the Remote Play app will display the home screen of the PS4.
Steps on How to Stream PS4 on Discord
1. Open Discord on your PC.
2. Choose a server.
3. Join a suitable voice chat.
4. Choose “Share.”
5. Choose “Remote Play.”
6. The resolution levels on both devices should be the same.
7. That’s it.
Because you’re streaming solely to one platform, this approach is less taxing on your internet connection. This is a great option if you have a weak internet connection yet still want to broadcast.
Rather than Twitch, it’s possible to use OBS as well as capture cards to stream the games for Discord. Your friends will be impressed by the improved video quality.
It is true that the internet is used only for the purpose of streaming and games. You will not experience lag as much while playing a game with online multiplayer.
With this method, creating a stream is as follows:
● PS4 Console Settings
- Go to “Settings” on your PS4 after turning it on.
- Select “System.”
- Turn on the option called “Enable HDCP.”
Connect Your Elgato Capturing Card
- Install Elgato’s Game Capture HD.
- Connect the PS4’s HDMI “In” port to Elgato’s capture card.
- Another HDMI cable should be plugged into your capture card’s HDMI “Out” connection. This is required to connect your monitor or TV to it.
- Connect your capture card to the PC via a USB wire.
Stream the Gameplay
- Open OBS on the PC.
- Choose PS4 gameplay as the source.
- It should appear on your OBS encoder.
- Open Discord.
- Choose a server.
- Connect to a voice channel.
- Select the option called “Share.”
- Choose “OBS.”
- Check if the settings are correct.
- That’s it!
Is It Possible to Stream PS4 on a PC Using an HDMI Cable?
Streaming from your PS4 console to a PC through an HDMI connection is not possible.
Well, the HDMI port on many current computers is actually an HDMI “Out” port. It does not have an HDMI port.
So, you can’t stream games from a PS4 to a laptop, even if it’s connected via an HDMI cable. Using PS4’s Remote Play option or even a capturing card is the best option for streaming games to PCs.
- Do I need a capture card to stream PS4 gameplay on Discord? Yes, you need a capture card to stream PS4 gameplay on Discord.
- Can I stream PS4 gameplay on Discord without a PC? No, you need a PC or laptop to stream PS4 gameplay on Discord.
- What if I encounter quality issues while streaming? Check your internet connection and Discord settings, and ensure you’re using a good-quality capture card.
- Does Discord support 4K streaming? Yes, but 4K streaming is available only for Discord Nitro users.
- Can I stream my PS4 gameplay on multiple Discord servers at once? No, you can only stream on one Discord server at a time.
Streaming PS4 gameplay on Discord is an excellent way to share your gaming moments with your friends and communities. Follow this guide for a smooth and hassle-free streaming experience.
So, that’s how to stream PS4 on Discord. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions or tweaks? Please let us know.