This article is written for those who wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on their iPhones. So, if you are among the many individuals who want to know how to do it, keep reading.
It is true that Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps used today. In general, it is a pretty secure platform. However, it has some drawbacks as well.
Thanks to the dynamic interface, users can navigate to options so quickly. The same feature, however, can lead to some mistakes as well.
For instance, you might end up deleting a Snapchat memory by mistake quite easily because of that. Also, there can be many other reasons for those Snapchat memories to get deleted.
With that said, is it possible to recover deleted Snapchat memories? The answer is yes.
The remaining paragraphs of this article will explain how to recover deleted Snapchat memories. The good news is that we explain several solutions to try.
Part 1: is It Possible to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories?
In simplest terms, it is POSSIBLE to recover deleted Snapchat memories. With that said, before trying any advanced solution, you may check if the Snapchat stories are saved.
That means you should check if they are saved in the Memories of your device. If yes, it is a matter of recovering them from the Memories. To do that, you can go to the home section of Snapchat. Then, you should swipe up and access those saved snaps.
However, you might need to take some drastic measures if you don’t find those stories in “Memories.” So, the next paragraphs of this article will help you do that.
You may want to know more about how to permanently delete saved messages on Snapchat.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone
Now, let’s get to the main point. Just like we mentioned before, there are several methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories. So, we intend to line them up below for your reference.
Method 01: Use Device Cache to Recover Your Snapchat Files
Did you know that you can also try to recover deleted photos from Android’s cache? Well, in simplest terms, the cache is a temporary data bundle that is stored by an application.
That can speed up its operation and provide a better user experience. In this case, even though the photo has been deleted from the device’s Memories, recovery is possible.
However, it can be pretty rare that a deleted photograph will be recovered from a smartphone’s cache. But you can still give it a try and see if you can recover deleted Snapchat memories.
- To recover deleted Snapchat memories, gain access to the file system of your Android device. For this, you will need to use an Android file manager/explorer app that is dedicated to this purpose. If not, you can simply connect it to your PC and proceed.
- After gaining access to the internal storage of the device, you should go to the Snapchat folder. You should open “Android” and choose “Data.” Then, go to com.snapchat.android.
- That’s basically it. Now, all you have to do is navigate to the Cache folder. Then, navigate through the images that have been saved there. You can move those folders to a different location. Then, change the extensions so you can access them without any trouble at all.
Method 02: Use Your Google Account to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
It is true that all Android devices are automatically connected to a Google account when you configure it. So we can store the device’s photos in the cloud.
So, if you have synchronized your Snapchat account with the respective Google account, recovering the snaps is easy.
To do that, you can visit the Google Photos official website. If not, you can configure synchronizing on the device.
So, go ahead and follow the instructions below if you wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat memories.
- First, open the Google account linked to the Android device you are using. After that, you can go to Google Photos and view all the pictures that are stored in the cloud.
- Now, you are supposed to select the images you intend to retrieve.
- Then, you should download them all to the local storage. If required, you can easily transform them into your Android device.
- If not, you can use the Google Photos app on your Android device and locate the archives. And if your snaps are already deleted from archives, go to the Trash folder and see if they are there.
- You should then choose the images you want back and tap on the option labeled “Recover.”
Method 03: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone using iTunes
If you wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on your iPhone, here’s the solution. The previous methods are handy for Android, and this is specific to iOS devices.
Pretty much all iPhone users make use of iTunes so they can store their backups. So, if your iTunes has a backup, you can restore it to the device with ease.
Before everything else, you should check if the respective snaps are available in the backup. In addition to that, you should note that it can restore the device and delete existing data.
If you are OK with that, you can choose to go ahead with this method.
- Now, you should connect your iOS device to the system and open iTunes. After that, you should choose iPhone, which is available in the devices section, to proceed. Then, you can go to the Summary page.
- When you are in the section called “Backups,” you can see several solutions. They are there to help you restore the devices. All you need is to click on the option called “Restore iPhone.”
- Now, you will see a popup window. That will launch from where you can choose the most suitable backup. Once you have done that, click on the option called “Restore.” Then, you should wait so the data will be extracted.
Method 04: Use iCloud to Get Snapchat Files
Here’s another method for those who wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone. Just like iTunes, iCloud also saves your data as backups. However, iCloud is a cloud storage space.
So, you should be able to retrieve those lost files from that iCloud account. You can either visit iCloud using a web browser or restore the entire backup. If you intend to restore the whole backup, the device should be reset in advance.
Mentioned below is the guide you should follow to recover deleted Snapchat memories on your iPhone using iCloud.
- If you have created a backup of your snaps already, go to iCloud’s official website. Provide the credentials and log in. Then, choose the option called “Photos.”
- Now, you can view the snaps that are already saved on the respective iCloud account. Just select the desired snaps and tap top the option called “Download.” That will save them on local storage.
- If not, you can even restore the whole backup. To do that, however, you should reset the device. Go to Settings and choose “General.” Then, choose “Reset” and select the option called “Erase all Content and Settings” to proceed.
- Once the device is restarted, you can continue with the initial setup as usual. Then, go ahead with the option that lets you restore the device with an iCloud backup. Provide the credentials of the iCloud account and choose a backup. That’s it.
Preventing Future Snapchat Memories Loss
To prevent loss of Snapchat Memories in the future, consider regular backups.
Back up your snaps regularly to avoid any potential loss.
Using Cloud Services
Services like iCloud or Google Drive can automatically back up your memories.
- Can I recover Snapchat Memories on my iPhone? Yes, you can. The steps outlined above should help.
- Does Snapchat permanently delete memories? According to their policy, yes. But in practice, there are methods for recovery.
- How often should I back up my Snapchat Memories? Regular backups are advised. The frequency depends on how often you use Snapchat.
- Are there any risks in using data recovery software? Always use trusted, reliable software to avoid any potential risks.
- What if I can’t recover my memories even after trying the mentioned methods? In such cases, consider reaching out to Snapchat support or a professional data recovery service.
So, those are the solutions you can use to recover deleted Snapchat memories from your account. If you know of any other methods to accomplish the same, please let us know.
Besides, if you wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat photos, here are the top solutions.
We will share your experience with our readers. Also, if you have any doubts related to this matter, keep us posted, and we will attend to them.