Recently, we have received numerous queries from our readers asking how to find UDID on iPhone.
If you have the same question and looking for an answer, here’s the must-read article.
The following paragraphs will explain everything you should know about UDID apart from how to find it.
What Exactly is UDID?
A device can be identified using its UDID (Unique Device Identifier). In fact, it is a 40-character code that comprises alphanumeric characters.
It is common practice for app stores to request the UDID. It happens mainly when a developer wants to run a test of their newest creation.
Here, we’ll show you where to look for your iOS device’s UDID. Let’s have a look at it!
Besides, if you wonder, is it possible to change the IMEI number on iPhone? Well, the good news is that there are a couple of ways to do that. Just read on carefully.
So, How to Get the UDID of an iPhone?
Now, the big question; is how to find UDID on iPhone. Mentioned below is how to do it on devices listed here.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 13
- iPhone X Series
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 8 or older
Steps on how to find UDID on iPhone.
- First, you should open the Safari browser on your iPhone. Then, you should visit the website “ShowMyUDID.com.”
- On that website, you will see an option called “Tap to Show UDID.” Tap on it to proceed. Then, you will notice a popup menu. Make sure that you read that and select “Allow” to proceed.
- Once you have done that, you will see another popup menu. That will ask you to confirm if the profile is downloaded and then suggest installing it through “Settings.” Just tap on “Close.”
- After that, you should open “Settings.” Then, you should tap on the option called “Profile Downloaded.”
- Tap on the potion called “Install” (which is located towards the right-hand side). Then, you should authenticate the action with your passcode. Tap on the option called “Install” once again.
- Now, you will go back to the site where you can see your iOS device’s UDID. In addition to the UDID, it comes with other information as well. For instance, it shows your device’s serial number, IMEI, and so on.
- After that, you can copy the UDID and save it in any location you prefer. If not, you can share it through email.
- As the final step, you can delete the profile because you have found the UDID. All you need is to go to “Settings” and select “Profile Downloaded.” Then, tap on the option called “Remote Downloaded Profile.”
Also, if you wish to know how to check if the iPhone is unlocked without SIM, you have come to the right place. Keep reading to learn more.
Use iTunes to Get UDID
This is another standard option you can use to get UDID without much hassle. In fact, in this case, you use the official tool called “iTunes” to find UDID.
However, this method is somewhat longer than the previous (iCareFone) method.
So, if you want to know how to acquire the UDID of your iPhone using iTunes, follow these steps.
- To perform this workaround, you must have the latest iTunes version installed on your PC. So, download the latest iTunes version and get it installed. After that, you should open iTunes to proceed.
- Now, you should connect your iOS device to the same PC.
- Perform a search for your iPhone (by its name) and click it to proceed.
- Click on the tab labeled “Summary.”
- Then, tap on the option called “Serial Number.” When you do, it changes into UDID.
- Now, you should tap on the option called “Edit.” Select “Copy” to proceed.
- That’s basically it. The respective UDID is in your clipboard now. You can paste this UDID anywhere you wish.
By the way, if you wonder, what does the arrow mean on iPhone, and whether it is possible to disable the location services on your iPhone? Here, this article explains it clearly for you.
Is It Possible to Find UDID Without Using iTunes?
There are some iOS device users who want to find out how to get the UDID of an iPhone without iTunes.
If you are one of them, below are the steps you should follow to accomplish this task.
- First, you should connect the iPhone in question to a Mac.
- Once that’s done, you should click the Apple Logo. You can find it at the top right; then, select the option called “About This Mac.”
- After that, you should click on the option called “System Report.”
- Click on the “Hardware” option and then select “USB.”
- After that, you should select the iPhone that is already connected.
- You can then check the label called “Serial Number.” Just copy that number and paste probably into a note. After that, you should add a hyphen symbol (-) right after the eighth digit.
- For instance, if the serial number appears to be 000021215858466, it should be 00002121-5858466 after adding the hyphen. And that’s exactly the UDID of your iPhone.
That’s how to find UDID on iPhone without using iTunes. Isn’t it easy?
In addition, if you are facing the issue of ‘Face ID not working move iPhone lower,’ here are the detailed troubleshooting steps for you to follow up on.
Use Xcode to Get the UDID of Your iPhone
You may want to know how to find UDID on iPhone using Xcode as well. If you do, the below paragraphs explain how to do that.
In fact, Xcode is a specific tool introduced by Apple itself for the purpose of developing apps. With Xcode, you can develop apps to be compatible with macOS, iOS, watchOS, and even tvOS.
- Before everything else, you should download the Xcode tool on your Mac. You don’t have to purchase it because it is a totally free tool for macOS users. With that said, you should remember that the installation process can take some considerable time. Until it gets installed, you can do something else as well.
- Once you have done that, connect the iPhone and your Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- Now, you should open the tool you just installed (Xcode). Then, select “Window” and go to “Devices & Simulators.” If not, you can even use the keyboard shortcut (CMD + SHIFT + 2).
- Now, make sure that you select the tab labeled “Devices.” Then, you should select the UDID of your iPhone.
- After that, you can simply copy the UDID and use it for any purpose.
Also, the last thing you want is a SIM failure on your iPhone before making an urgent phone call. Let’s figure out the possible reasons and the best solutions here.
Use 3rd Party Tool to Find Your iPhone’s UDID [FASTEST]
If you are looking for a convenient alternative to get your iPhone’s UDID, here’s a superb option. iCareFone is a user-friendly, easy tool that can be used to accomplish this task easily.
iCareFone can be classified as a very handy, free software application. This application is developed by an independent company. In fact, iCareFone facilitates the acquisition of an iPhone’s UDID with a single mouse click.
In contrast to other techniques mentioned in this article, this is a simplified method. In fact, other methods can involve as many as ten clicks for you to get your UDID number. So, this specific method saves you a ton of time and effort.
As it turns out, iCareFone is capable of a lot more than just fixing your iPhone. This instrument has the following capabilities:
iCareFone is a tool that comes with multiple abilities. It can:
- Create a backup of iOS data of your device in a very convenient manner.
- Manage all the iOS data in a very organized, easy method.
- It can transfer data from your iOS device to the computer with ease.
Apart from that, there are several other features associated with this tool. That said, below are the steps to get the UDID of an iPhone using iCareFone.
- First, you should download and install iCareFone on your computer. The good news is that this tool is free to use. Once the installation is completed, you can open the application to see its home screen. Now, you should connect the iPhone (whose UDID you should know) to the same computer.
- Click on the option called “Test Report.” Your UDID should be visible in this report.
That’s it. As you can see, it is exceptionally convenient to get your iPhone’s UDID using this method.
UDID Vs. UUID – Main Difference
As was mentioned before, your Apple device’s UDID is a unique identifier code consisting of 40 hexadecimal digits. However, when it comes to UUID is an acronym that stands for the term “Universally Unique Identifier.”
This identifier is exclusive to each app installed on your iPhone. It identifies an application that has been installed on the respective device.
Moreover, it will continue to do so until you uninstall the application from your iPhone. Assume that a user gets rid of the application from their iPhone and then redownloads it. Then, the UUID becomes different than it was before.
Basically, your device has something called a UDID, which is its own unique identifier. And each app has something called a UUID, which is its own unique identifier until it remains installed.
Q: What is the full form of UDID?
A: UDID stands for Unique Device Identifier.
Q: Can UDID be changed?
A: No, UDID is a unique identifier assigned by Apple and cannot be changed or altered.
Q: Is UDID the same as IMEI?
A: No, UDID and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) are different identifiers. IMEI is specific to mobile phones and is used to identify GSM, WCDMA, and LTE devices.
Q: Why do app developers need UDID?
A: App developers use UDIDs to identify specific devices, collect analytics data, and provide a better user experience. UDIDs help them optimize their apps for different device models.
Q: How is UDID used in beta testing?
A: UDID is often required by developers for beta testing. It allows them to grant access to specific devices and gather feedback from testers before releasing the app to the general public.
And that’s how to get the UDID of an iPhone using several different methods. You may choose any of the above based on your preference.
What’s your favorite method of all the options we have explained above? Please share your thoughts with us.