The popular feature of Group chat makes many people wonder how to create a group chat in Messenger.
Facebook has become one of the best messaging applications owing to its features. Facebook Messenger app is among the most widely used messaging applications.
However, Facebook Messenger is not famous only because of Facebook. Messenger has many unique qualities in-build. This includes virtual reality effects, customized chat backgrounds along with several other features.
Messenger also has features to enjoy videos and posts together with your friends. With this feature, you can enjoy sharing videos and posts with multiple friends.
You can accomplish this with the help of group chats. It’s an excellent way to stay connected with your close friends and relatives.
How to Make a Group Chat in Messenger?
Our article will demonstrate how to create a group chat in Messenger. You can make a new group chat by sending a message and inviting your other friends to join the group for chatting.
Through the below-mentioned steps, we will show how to make a group chat in Messenger. It will work on both your Computers and Android/iOS devices:
How to Create a Group In Messenger On Android / iOS?
1. Launch the Facebook Messenger application.
2. Click on the Pencil sign on the upper right side and click on Create a New Group.
3. To add your friend, select every individual you want in your group. After selecting them, a checkbox will emerge next to their names and profile image at the top of the row.
4. Click on the Next button, which appears in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Click on the Group Name area on the New Group screen to assign a new name to your group account.
6. Lastly, Click on Create on the upper right side of the screen.
PS: if you wonder how to delete messages on GroupMe, this guide is just for you.
How to Make Group Chat in Messenger On Desktop/PC?
1. Type Facebook.com into your internet browser search area and log in to your Facebook account.
2. You can get access to Messenger through a web browser. Tap on the Messenger icon at the top right side, then scroll down and tap on See All in Messenger. You can also directly navigate to www.facebook.com/messages/t/.
3. For sending a message to the group, tap on the New Message button on the upper left side.
4. Start selecting the names of friends you want to start a group conversation with. For this, you have to enter their names in To: field and pick the people as they show in the list.
5. Then, share a new message to start the conversation.
6. Group names can also change on PCs if you want. Tap on the Change Chat Name option. It is beneath the Customize Chat on the right-hand side of the panel once you send your first text.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to see someone’s private messages on Facebook for free.
How to Add & Remove Members in Group Chat?
Once you know how to create a group chat in Messenger, you can better manage the group. You should know how to include or remove anyone from the group if you want, whenever needed.
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to manage the participants in the Facebook group chat.
You will have to be the group admin to remove people from the Facebook group chat. However, you don’t have to be an admin if you just want to add people.
On Android / iOS Application
1. Install the Facebook Messenger app on your smartphone.
2. Click on group chat when you want to add or remove participants from the group conversation.
3. To view your current participant’s list, click on the Information icon. It is present at the top of the right corner. Next, click on See Group Members.
4. Click Add in the top right corner to include a user, then pick them up from the list. Beneath Suggested Members, you may also click on Add next to the participants.
5. Click on Remove From Group to remove any participants from the group list.
On Desktop / PC
1. Follow the abovementioned points to run Facebook Messenger on your web browser. You can also directly visit www.facebook.com/messages/t/.
2. Tap on the group conversation in which you want to include or remove participants.
3. Tap at the right on the panel to enlarge chat participants. To view the panel, tap on the Information icon in the top right corner.
4. For adding the new participants, tap on Add people. Then a list of your friends will appear; choose anyone you want.
5. To remove participants, tap on the three dots option. It appears next to the participant’s name.
How to Delete a Group Chat in Messenger?
It’s not an easy task to remove a group conversation that you have created in Facebook Messenger.
You can choose to remove the chat from your inbox. But keep in mind that other people will still have access to the conversation that was shared in the group.
You can’t remove the chat from every group participant’s Messenger. However, you can dissolve the group if you want.
The chats will be sent to the archive folder for other participants. No one will be able to respond to that conversation anymore.
To remove the group, you should be an admin of that group. Follow the below-mentioned actions for that:
- Access your Facebook Messenger application and select the group you want to dissolve.
- Follow the steps discussed above to remove all the participants.
- After removing all the participants, tap on Leave Conversation. If using Messenger on a PC, tap on the Leave Chat option.
- When the confirmation notification appears, click on the Leave icon.
What is the Best Way to Add a Title or a Picture to a Group Conversation?
Chats involving three or more persons should be labeled. To provide an idea of this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Start the group chat by clicking on it.
- Select Customize Chat in the upper right corner.
- To alter the title of your conversation, tap on “Change Chat Name” Settings.
- Give your conversation a name and hit Save.
Using Web Version
- Launch the browser and open the Messenger website.
- Hit Customize Chat in the upper right corner.
- To alter the name of the conversation, tap On Change Chat Name.
- Give your conversation a name and press Save. When you browse your chat in the app or web version, the name and picture that you pick are displayed to your friends.
How Can I Take Away the Admin Status of a User in a Group Chat?
You can demote other admins only if you are the admin of the group conversation. Follow the below-mentioned steps to remove an admin in a group conversation:
- Launch the desired group chat.
- Tap on the name of the group chat.
- Tap on the three dots present next to the user you want to remove from admin status.
- Tap on “Remove as Admin.”
- Click on Remove.
- Start the group chat.
- Tap on the info icon in the upper right corner of the group chat.
- Beneath the People option, move the cursor over the user you want to remove as admin.
- Tap on the three-dot icon.
- Select the Remove as Admin option.
- Tap on Remove.
How Do I Get to See Who is Being Added to the Group Chat?
Being an admin of the group chat, you get the authority to decide who can join the group chat. You can change the settings to ensure no one can join the group without your prior permission.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to achieve this:
- Start the group chat
- Tap on the three-dot icon on the upper right side.
- Choose the Chat Members option.
- Select Member Requests.
- Besides the Require Admin Approval option, there is a toggle button. Switch it on or off to get the desired settings.
Below we have mentioned a few questions related to Messenger and group chat features:
Q1. Can I add contacts to an existing group chat?
Yes, you can add more contacts to an existing group chat. Open the group chat, tap on the group name or information, and select the “Add People” option. From there, you can add additional contacts to the group.
Q2. Is there a limit to the number of participants in a Messenger group chat?
Messenger allows up to 250 participants in a single group chat. However, please note that larger groups may experience slower performance and increased message load times.
Q3. Can I leave a group chat if I no longer want to be a part of it?
Yes, you can leave a group chat at any time. Open the group chat, tap on the group name or information, and select the “Leave Group” option. You will no longer receive messages from that group.
Q4. Can I change the group chat settings after creating it?
Yes, you can change the group chat settings even after creating it. Open the group chat, tap on the group name or information, and select the “Manage Group” option. From there, you can modify the group’s name, photo, color theme, and more.
Q5. Can I create multiple group chats in Messenger?
Absolutely! Messenger allows you to create multiple group chats. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article to create additional group chats and manage them according to your preferences.
We hope by now you have understood how to create a group chat in Messenger. Messenger is one of the widely used features of Facebook. Users often appreciate it more than anything else.
In the article, we talked about the Facebook group chat feature. We also discussed how you could create one, modify it and delete it whenever you feel like it.