If you do like games similar to For Honor, here’s an excellent read for you. There are many individuals who prefer playing games like For Honor due to various reasons.
So, if you fall into that category, this is a must-read article.
Top Games Similar to ‘For Honor’
The Honor is a pretty popular title which is released in 2017. This specific game was able to come up with plenty of excitement. This game is set in a world where Vikings, Knights, and Samurais were existing.
As per The Honor’s gameplay, those heroes are supposed to defend their precious lands from their enemies. Basically, this game is based on medieval times, and there are plenty of things to enjoy in it.
Well, For Honor is not the only game of its kind. In other words, there are many other games like For Honor.
So, we thought of listing down those games similar to For Honor for your reference. Let’s go ahead and read the list.
PS: here are the most popular games like Total War for your reference.
01 – Gorn
Well, there are 09 other games like For Honor on this list, but Gorn is the only VR title. That said, Gorn has a cartoonish theme with some blood-filled graphics. The game, of course, is brutal and bloody, and it has some goofiness as well. All these characteristics are admired by fans across the globe.
Reasons to Play Gorn
- It has some great unique features with a battle-oriented combat system.
- Interesting, cartoony graphics along with plenty of blood and gore action with slicing and dicing for greater pleasure.
- Compared to the remaining entries, this is known as a single-player gaming title. However, it offers no shortage of fun, and it leaves plenty of AI characters.
02 – Ancestors Legacy
This is another game set based on the medieval era of British History, which is really interesting. This game is an overhead game with squad-based characteristics.
The game is played in real-time, and you will have to take command of four different nations. They are Vikings, German, Slavic, and Anglo-Saxons.
This game lets you play single-player mode or intense multiplayer battles. It is more of a hack and slash approach which offers fun and excitement.
Reasons to Play Ancestors Legacy
- Each faction of this game comes with a different play style. As a result, it gives full excitement and joy.
- You can use your skills, morale, and terrain of the troops to proceed with a better advantage. That will lead you to the victory of the game.
- It has wonderful graphics that come with an excellent sense of reality to the entire game.
- You can find some brutal yet exciting multiplayer action. You can decide whether to dominate or annihilate. Players will be able to have up to 10 squads. You can even play 1V1, 2V2, or even 3V3.
03 – Ryse: Son of Rome
This is one of the best games similar to For Honor, and it has some characteristics of the Gladiator movie. This is more of an RPG game that lets you follow the story of Marius Titus.
In fact, Titus is a brave Centurion for the Romans. Titus is expecting to defeat the barbarians who have killed his entire family. This specific game has an interesting multiplayer mode as well. It leads to gory battles against many enemies.
Reasons to Play Ryse: Son of Rome
- This is an easy to master combat system that allows you to experience an increased amount of fun.
- You can find an interesting story mode for those who intend to experience all the guts and glory. That is without using the hassle of PVP.
- It has a specific mode called Cooperative Colosseum. With that, you can fight with a friend or even on your own without any trouble. You can fight against waves of enemies and accomplish objectives. It is more of playing with CoD Zombies with gladiators.
- The survival mode of this game is an interesting option to consider in this game. You will experience plenty of bleeding, and you are supposed to kill others to stay alive.
- You will find plenty of graphics that are filled with thunder and blood to enjoy.
- And you will also have the option to execute others, and they deliver loads of fun.
04 – Mortal Online
Well, this is the very first open-world game on this list. Being one of the best games similar to For Honor, Mortal Online offers plenty of different races, loyalties, and classes. As a result, the game has become one of the most exciting games like For Honor.
As per this game, each other’s gameplay becomes distinctive. It does strive to give the players their real-life experience. It is true that it is not exactly a team game when you compare it with For Honor.
However, it still sticks to the Medieval Age. Then, it gives that great option to choose friends or foes spending your own time.
Reasons to Play Mortal Online
- If you are expecting a superb PVP experience, this is one of the best options for it.
- You have the option to focus on what you prefer, be it battling, magic, or anything else.
- It allows you to explore the world and find treasures.
05 – Mount and Blade
This is another interesting game that allows you to build your own army to defeat your foes. You will face huge battles to win, and the prize is the throne of Calradia.
You can consider this as the original Mount and Blade game. In addition to that, you can find Warband DLC.
Reasons to Play Mount and Blade
- It has some superb graphics with excellent quality.
- There are multiplayer games that support up to 64 players. These battles include Team Deathmatch, Siege, Capture the Flag, etc.
06 – Versus: Battle of the Gladiator
This is another game that allows you to take on enemies. In addition to that, crush them into oblivion. It allows you to become the Legend of the Arena. This is a pretty brutal and speedy multiplayer game that will leave you mesmerized.
Reasons to Play Versus: Battle of the Gladiator
- It offers you customizable equipment.
- This specific move set lets you become the gladiator and let you create a unique playstyle.
- It allows you to customize the fighter’s appearance. Also, you can play either as a male or a female.
- You can fight with different modes using up to 8 players. You can even play team battles.
- There are cool modes called Assault and Horde for you to try out.
- Excellent graphics with so many details.
- There is no shortage of weapons and armor for you to obtain in this game.
- You can even scrap and craft to the content of your heart to proceed.
- The perfectly dynamic battle was fought in a non-targeting system with 3rd personal system to combat.
07 – Domina
This is pretty similar to the gladiator tycoon. Also, this game gives you a glimpse of the good old days of ancient Rome. It is perfectly pixelated, and you will definitely love this strategy simulation game.
Reasons to Play Domina
- This is an absolutely gorgeous game with plenty of artistic and pixel graphics. It also gives some great bloody fun with superb enjoyment.
- It is a short and sweet game that gives only 2 hours of play per playthrough. That’s exactly why it makes a perfect game to play when you have only a small amount of time.
- Superb sound effects along with soundtracks.
- It is not the simplest game, although it may appear simple at a glance. For those who love a good strategy game with a challenge, this is a good game.
- With this game, you can take down all the opponents and make the Ludus proud.
08 – Gloria Victis
Gloria Victis is considered to be one of the best games like For Honor because of many reasons. It is an MMORPG game that is set in a medieval world. As per this game, you will have to create your own guild as well as a kingdom.
You should also batter each other players and control the lands. The emphasis of this game mainly takes place in a world where no boundaries are present.
Reasons to Play Gloria Victis
- This game is set in a massive open world.
- You can use it in your own guild and town. You should make a fortress and provide the necessary protection to it.
- Combat is a very important element you find in this game, and it requires your efforts.
- You will find plenty of equipment to collect.
- You can create a plethora of things in the game.
- There are 8 different crafting professions, so you can expect an excellent outcome from the game.
09 – Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
This is one of those rare games that offer brutality and gory in a very realistic nature. This game is full of battles, and you can find plenty of blood there. It is a fast-paced, multiplayer game that lets you experience something real.
- Amazing graphics.
- Loads of weapons.
- Multiplayer mode with up to 32 players.
10 – Mordhau
This is a medieval slasher that comes with some fast-paced gaming characteristics. It also has some castle sieges along with cavalry charges. That will make you feel like you are in the perfect spot to fight a battle.
Reasons to Play Mordhau
- Superb graphics.
- Challenging but fun-filled game. You are supposed to learn the controls and become good at it gradually to proceed.
- Massive battles create plenty of chaos. You will see 32 battles here.
- Exceptionally complex combat mode with free-form melee combats.
- In-depth character customization so you can create a unique fight in this game.
- In-depth character customization lets you create a massive and unique fighter for your own play.
- You have plenty of weapons to choose from and awesome machines such as catapults to use.
- You can even play it offline to practice the game.
- Are these games available on multiple platforms?
Most of these games are available on various platforms, including PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Which game is the most similar to ‘For Honor’?
‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’ and ‘Mordhau’ are the most similar in terms of combat system and multiplayer mode.
- Are these games suitable for beginners?
Some games like ‘Dark Souls III’ are known for their challenging gameplay, but they offer rewarding experiences for those willing to master them.
- Which game has the best graphics?
‘The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’ is widely recognized for its stunning graphics and immersive world design.
- Do these games have single-player modes?
Yes, most of these games offer single-player modes, allowing you to enjoy the game at your own pace.
Each of these games brings something unique to the table, offering varied combat systems, narratives, and settings that will resonate with fans of ‘For Honor’. Whether you want a deep dive into the Middle Ages or a challenging, skill-based combat experience, these games will offer you countless hours of immersive gameplay.