Over the past few months, smartphone users have liked the FLAC format. There are a few benefits to the FLAC format, but unlike MP3 files, not many devices can open FLAC audio files.
This is unfortunate for several reasons, and due to the lack of compatibility, many smartphone owners want to use a FLAC player on Android.
Now, there are several benefits to FLAC music files. If you have one of the newest smartphones or recently installed a new sound system, the FLAC format can be used to get the most out of it. This is because the format is lossless and enhances the quality of the audio.
Reiterating what we previously said, there aren’t many systems that support the FLAC format, so we will look at the best FLAC player on Android and some of the features each app has.
Part 1. Transfer FLAC to Android
Before choosing a FLAC player, you must transfer the music to your Android device. Currently, most online music platforms don’t provide FLAC files by default.
Therefore, you’ll have to download them to your computer and transfer them manually. To transfer your FLAC music, we recommend using dr.fone – Phone Manager (Android).
To help you use this program, here is a guide on transferring FLAC files.
#1 – Download, install, and launch dr.fone on your computer.
#2 – Connect the Android device you want to transfer FLAC files.
#3 – Click “Music” from the menu at the top of the program’s display.
#4 – Click on the import icon below the top panel menu and click “Add File.”
#5 – Using the file explorer, locate and select the FLAC file you want to transfer from your computer to your Android device.
Alternatively, if you are transferring many FLAC files, you can use the “Add Folder” option. Simply place all your FLAC music into a single folder, choose “Add Folder,” and locate the folder containing your music files. It’s that simple.
Keeping in mind that there aren’t many other programs that support the FLAC format, dr.fone is essential for using a FLAC player on Android.
Part 2. Converting Your FLAC Files
Another option that you have is to convert your FLAC audio files. If you’ve downloaded a FLAC song and don’t want to go through the hassle of using a FLAC player on Android, converting it is your best choice.
The best tool for converting FLAC files is Wondershare Filmora. After creating a new project with Filmora, you can add your FLAC music as a background track and export it to a new format.
Filmora currently exports audio as MP3, and while you might feel that this limits the possibilities, MP3 is the most commonly used audio format that is compatible with virtually all technology.
If Filmora isn’t for you, check out some of the online converters. There are plenty of free websites for converting FLAC files, such as Media.io and FlacSquisher.
The main disadvantage of using an online converter is that you need to be connected to an internet connection, and it can take a while to process multiple files at once manually. Nonetheless, if you want to avoid using a FLAC player on Android, converting FLAC to MP3 is your best option.
In addition, Filmora is also the best video editing app, which can merge and edit videos effortlessly.
Part 3. Apps to Use as FLAC Player on Android
Hundreds of apps can act as FLAC players, so we’ve narrowed the list and detailed some of the best Android apps below.
VLC Player is a popular media player among computer users. Its popularity results from how flexible the player is, how easy it is to use, and the many features it offers. It can be used to watch movies, listen to music, or connect to live streams.
- VLC is a free FLAC player on Android.
- Compatible with a wide range of video formats and audio formats.
- It supports subtitles for both videos and music.
- It allows you to adjust the brightness, track synchronization, aspect ratio, brightness, and many other aspects of your videos.
- It has a separate library for your device, making it easy to manage your FLAC files.
- Supports cover art for albums.
- Unlike many other Android apps, there are no advertisements on the VLC Player app.
The clear goal with VLC for Android is to recreate the user experience of the PC version. Even though this application is still being developed and in its early stages, it’s undoubtedly one of the best media players out there.
If you’re an active user of the VLC Player on your computer and you’re happy with how it performs, this is possibly the best FLAC player on Android for you to use.
Next up, we have the AIMP app. Although less popular than VLC for Android, this is still a fantastic application with a lot to offer that many Android users are constantly using.
AIMP is designed primarily for listening to music, but as it doesn’t support videos, it is limited to audio files. That being said, this could benefit some people as it means there aren’t any unnecessary features causing a cluttered display.
- Supports FLAC files, MP3, MTM, MPC, APE, MPGA, WAV, and many other audio formats.
- Multiple skins are available so that you can change the design.
- Add bookmarks so that you can easily access your favorite music.
- Create and manage music playlists to keep your library organized.
- Using the sleep timer, you can listen to music while falling asleep without worrying about your phone’s battery dying.
- View basic information about your music and, if available, the lyrics.
These are just a few things that AIMP has to offer, and, as these features show, it’s a FLAC player on Android worth considering. Although it’s not as fancy, it’s straightforward to use.
Lastly, the PowerAmp Music Player. Unfortunately, this isn’t ideal if you want a long-term app for listening to FLAC files. A free version of the app is available, but you are limited to just 15 days – at this point, you must pay and buy the full version.
Nonetheless, PowerAmp Music Player supports FLAC files (among other audio formats), lyrics, and app skins, and users can add tags to their music. One of the main uses of this Android app is that it can be used as a music editor.
As we said before, you’re better off using one of the free options while it’ll get the job done.
PS: here are the methods to stream audio from PC to iPhone for your reference.
- Can I play other audio formats besides FLAC?
- Yes, most FLAC players also support other common audio formats such as MP3, AAC, WAV, and more.
- How much do FLAC players cost?
- The pricing of FLAC players varies. Some players are free, while others offer additional features through in-app purchases or subscriptions.
- Can I use a FLAC player without an internet connection?
- Yes, many FLAC players allow you to download and play your music offline, making it convenient for situations without an internet connection.
- Can I customize the audio settings in a FLAC player?
- Yes, a good FLAC player should provide customization options for audio settings such as equalizer adjustments, sound effects, and more.
- Which FLAC player is best for audiophiles?
- The best FLAC player for audiophiles may vary depending on personal preferences. Consider factors like audio quality, interface, and additional features to find the one that suits your needs.
We’ve explained the different options that you have with your FLAC files. You can either convert them to MP3 or, the more popular option, install a FLAC player on Android.
It may be inconvenient to store your music in FLAC format. Still, with smartphones advancing at such a fast rate, and considering FLAC supports high-quality audio, it’s the best format for enhancing your listening experience.
But, if you don’t want to worry about using a FLAC player, convert to MP3 instead for your convenience.