MIDI is the abbreviation for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. This file format is largely used when playing instruments like electronic keyboards. MIDI is different from audio file formats such as MP3 and WAV.
Instead, it comes in a file format based on music notes. Converting MP3 to MIDI or MIDI to MP3 is a pretty easy task if you have the perfect software. To convert MP3 to MIDI, you can use online tools or an installable software application.
The purpose of this article is to expose the most convenient ways to convert MIDI to MP3 and MP3 to MIDI.
To convert PDF to Midi, just click to know more.
Audacity is a simplified and reliable way to convert MP3 files into MIDI format easily. This software supports MP3, WAV, MIDI, and all the other widely used file formats. In this section, we present you with a set of instructions on how to convert the files using this software.
01. As the first step, you should download and install Audacity. Then, you should launch the software and get ready to convert the files. Now, start the process simply by pressing on the “File” and “Open” to import the MP3 file to convert.
If not, you can easily drag and drop the files into the interface. Then, you should click on the “Play” button.
02. As the second step, you should click on the File menu and select the “Export Audio” option. Then, you should select the “Save as Type” option. You will find an “Other uncompressed files” option. You can define the format options now.
Under the Header tap, you can find an option called SDS. Just select it and choose the encoding to match your preference and select “Save.”
03. Now, you should see a window with the title “Edit Metadata.” You can change the information related to the respective MIDI file in this window. Once you are done, you can click on the OK button and convert MP3 to MIDI.
Besides converting MP3 into MIDI files, Audacity can convert M4A files into MP3. Also, Audacity is not the only MIDI converter you will find. There are plenty of other options to consider if you need to convert MP3 to MIDI files and vice versa.
Convert MP3 to MIDI Through an Online Tool
You can consider using an online tool if you need to convert only a couple of MP3 files. A web-based tool will be able to do a satisfactory job, particularly for non-professional tasks.
In this section of our article, we intend to present you with a couple of trusted online tools. These tools will be able to convert any MP3 to MIDI.
01. Bear Audio Tool
If you need a free and handy MP3 to MIDI converter, you can consider Bear File Converter. This online tool can easily convert various audio files into MIDI files.
For instance, it can convert WAV, WMA, MP3, and other audio files into MIDI files. The MIDI file (the output file) can be used for any purpose, such as games.
But, there is a major limitation associated with Bear File Converter. That is, it doesn’t allow importing files larger than 50MB.
Here’s how to use Bear Audio Tool to convert MP3 to MIDI.
Visit the Bear File Converter’s official website and the MIDI converter page. Then, click on the button labeled “Upload” to get the audio loaded to the interface.
If not, you can drag and drop the respective audio file into the Bear File Converter interface. The uploading process will be notified through the progress bar. Since it is an online tool, you will have to wait somewhat longer until the file is completely uploaded.
Now, you should go to the “Convert” button and click it. Bear File Converter will start the conversion process to convert MP3 files at this instance.
Once the file is converted, you can easily download it to your computer.
If you need to convert MP3 to MIDI files without downloading software, here’s another online tool to try. Here we emphasize another very efficient tool called Zamzar. This special tool allows converting more than 1000 types of files.
Moreover, it comes with a really simple user interface. Here’s how to convert MP3 to MIDI using this online converter.
- Go to the official website of Zamzar: http://www.zamzar.com/.
- Then, click on the option Formats (on the right-hand side of the window).
- You can find Music Conversion formats, and then you should select MP3. You can then select MP3 to MIDI.
- Select the option Choose files and select the target MP3 you need to convert.
- Click on the down arrow and search for music formats and select MIDI.
- Now, you will have to enter the email address on which you will receive the converted file.
Here are some downsides associated with free MP3 to MIDI online converters.
- The features are limited in all the online converter tools
- It works based on email
- The maximum file upload limit is 50MB
This section will emphasize a reliable and more efficient way to convert MIDI to MP3. So, in this case, we will use one of the industry’s best software tools – Wondershare Uniconverter.
In fact, we highly recommend Wondershare UniConverter for all professional audio conversion tasks. If you don’t want to lose the quality of the converted files and expect better efficiency, this tool is just for you.
Compared to other converters available in the market, this tool comes with a 30X faster speed. It can also be used as a media player to get your videos edited.
If you use Wondershare UniConverter, you can compress the files easily. For instance, you can convert any MIDI to MP3 using this tool.
- It can convert FLV2MP4 & convert more than 1000 file formats, including MP4, AVI, MIDI, MOV, MP3, etc.
- You can convert the file to be compatible with all devices.
- 30 times faster conversion speed compared to the other converters in the industry.
- Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate can enhance, personalize and even edit video files.
- This mp4 compressor software can even burn videos into DVD, and it comes with DVD templates too
- It can download and record any video from all the popular video-sharing platforms (like YouTube).
- It has a highly versatile toolbox comprised of a GIF maker, VR converter, video metadata fixer, etc.
- You can use it to stream videos from computers (Win or Mac) to any other devices. For instance, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, etc.
- This Video Converter is perfectly compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems (even with the latest ones).
Here are the simple steps you should follow to convert MIDI to MP3. There are three main steps for you to follow in this case.
01. As the first step, you should download and install UniConverter on your computer. Now, launch the program and click on the Convert option.
Then, go to Converting and choose Add Files. Select Open to get the MIDI files imported to the program.
02. Now, you should click on the triangle icon corresponding to Convert all files to the option. Then get the output format. Select Audio and go to MP3 to choose the desired output quality.
You can make some manual tweaks by clicking on the Create Custom button. After getting the file format you deserve, you can easily proceed to the next level.
03. You can click on the “Convert” button to start MIDI to MP3 to do it individually. You can easily use the “Convert All” button if you have more than one file to convert. After the conversion, you can go to the “Converted” tab and find the extracted files.
That is how to convert MP3 to MIDI and MIDI to MP3.