The green lines on your iPhone screen can be a sign of a software (sometimes, hardware) problem. Here, let’s figure out how to fix green lines on the iPhone screen.
About Vertical Lines Issue on iPhone
Vertical lines on your iPhone screen are quite a problem. This type of problem is often caused by various software bugs when you are restoring or resetting your device via iTunes.
In such cases, the data transfer can cause problems for your iPhone device. If you find yourself facing troubles, then you are on the right page.
Here, we will talk about everything there is to learn how to fix green lines on the iPhone screen.
According to research, it has been found that these solutions will work 100% if you want to know how to fix lines on the iPhone screen. These solutions will work on all models and versions of the iPhone and iOS, respectively.
Best Methods to Learn How to Fix Green Lines on iPhone Screen
Here are the methods that you need to follow so that you can learn how to fix lines on the iPhone screen. Let us get started:
1. Get Your iPhone Backed Up
As soon as you start noticing the lines on your iPhone screens, the first step you need to take is backing up your device.
In fact, if anything goes wrong, it will always be better to get all your data saved and backed up, particularly if there is damage to the hardware components or liquid damage.
Please connect your iPhone device to your computer. You can either back your iPhone on your iTunes or make use of your WiFi to back the data via iCloud. After iPhone backup, you simply need to follow the next steps.
Besides, do you own an iPhone that has been damaged, and now you want to know how to fix a black spot on your iPhone screen? Take a look at our article.
2. How To Fix Green Lines on iPhone Screen By Try Restarting Your Device
As mentioned previously, the green lines can possibly be caused by a simple software bug. In such cases, it is recommended that you simply restart your iPhone device, which is the easiest way to fix this problem.
If you have an iPhone older than iPhone 8, you simply need to press and hold the Power button for some second. Next, you will see the ‘Slide to Power Off‘ option. Slide the bar to the right to turn off your iPhone device. Press the Power button again to restart your iPhone device.
As for the later devices, you simply need to press and hold one of the Volume buttons and the Side button. This will show you the ‘Slide to Power Off‘ slide. After a few seconds, long-press the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
3. Force Start Your iPhone Device
If you are still unable to figure out how to fix green lines on the iPhone screen, you can still try the force restart option.
Let us learn how you can force restart your iPhone device; however, you need to remember that the force restart method will depend on the iPhone model you are using:
For iPhone 8 And Later: You simply need to long-press and release the Volume Up button. At the same time, you need to tap and hold the Power button too. Keep doing it until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7 And 7 Plus: You need to press the Volume Down button and the Power button and hold on until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 6S and Previous Models: You need to keep pressing the Home and Power buttons until the screen goes black and you see the Apple logo.
4. Make Use of FixGo to Solve Simple System Problems
Of course, there may be certain scenarios where simply force-restarting your iOS device does not work. In such cases, it is recommended that you make use of a third-party tool; one of the best system repair tools for this job is iToolab FixGo.
- FixGo is considered a great tool for this situation because it is capable of fixing such issues. Some of its amazing features include:
- It helps prevent loss of data if you are fixing a device that is not working properly
- The tool can fix more than 200 types of problems that can affect an iOS device, like your iPhone not turning on properly, recovery mode loop, device stuck on the Apple logo, etc.
- FixGo will be compatible with all versions of iOS and all Apple iPhones
All you need to do is download and install the FixGo application on your computer. Then, please follow the below instructions simply:
1: After installing the application on your computer, you need to run it; next, tap on the Fix iOS System – Standard Mode.
2: Once done, use your iPhone cable to connect the device to your computer. After FixGo detects your iPhone, you need to tap on the Fix Now button to start the process.
3: The next step involves updating the OS of your iPhone. Please Download, after which FixGo will download and install the latest firmware.
4: After FixGo downloads the latest firmware, you need to tap on Repair Now to start fixing your device.
5. Make Use of TinyFix
If you are still figuring out how to fix green lines on the iPhone screen and if it is not a hardware problem, you can make use of Foneazy TinyFix. Some of its amazing features include:
- Support for all iOS devices
- Safe and secure
- No data loss
- Easy to understand and use
How To Fix Green Lines on iPhone Screen Using Foneazy TinyFix:
1: After installing the program, launch the TinyFix and tap on the Standard Repair Mode.
2: You need to put your phone into the DFU Mode or the Recovery mode. Once your device is detected, it will provide you with a list of firmware options. Select the right firmware and tap on the Download button.
3: TinyFix will start restoring your device and will fix the problem. Your iPhone should start automatically once the program has been fixed.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps, your iPhone should restart in normal mode after the repair processes are complete. It’s a great solution if you want to learn how to fix lines on an iPhone screen.
6. Format All Settings and Content of Your iPhone Device
Another great way to learn how to fix green lines on the iPhone screen is by erasing all settings and contents – this process is known as factory resetting.
This process will clear everything from your iPhone, which is why you need to ensure that you have a backup of your data.
Let us look into how you can do so:
- On your iPhone, head over to the Settings option and click on General.
- Keep scrolling until you find the ‘Reset‘ option and tap on it.
- Here, click on the ‘Erase All Contents And Settings‘ option.
Once the reset process is successfully completed, you will see the ‘Welcome‘ screen. Now, you need to start setting your iPhone as a new device and restore the content via iCloud or iTunes backup.
7. How To Fix Green Lines on iPhone Screen by Restoring Your iPhone via iTunes
Another way to learn how to fix lines on an iPhone screen is by restoring your device via iTunes. Let us look into the process:
- First, please connect your device to your computer via a cable and launch iTunes.
- Once the program detects your device, you need to click on the iPhone icon on the left of the screen.
- Here, you will see the ‘Restore iPhone‘ option, which you need to click to start the restoration process. Ensure that your data is backed up.
- Here, tap on ‘Restore‘, and iTunes will start the restoration process. Once done, you will be able to set your iPhone as a new device.
8. Start the DFU Mode of Your iPhone
If you are looking for alternative ways to learn how to fix green lines on your iPhone screen and none of the above-mentioned processes work out, you can put your iPhone into the DFU Mode.
Putting your device into the DFU mode will erase everything. Additionally, the restoration process will be done automatically in the original coding. Now, let us look into this process:
- Use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer device.
- Press and hold the Home (Volume Down for iPhone 7) and the Power button together.
- After some seconds, you need to release the Power button; however, do not let go of the Volume Down/Home button.
- Here, you will find a message that will warn you that your iPhone is on recovery mode; release the Volume Down/Home button. The screen will turn black, which means that your device is in DFU mode.
- Use iTunes to restore your device.
As for iPhone 8 and Above, the Steps Include:
- Make use of the USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Tap and release the Volume Up button and then the same to the Volume Down button.
- Keep pressing the Side button and wait until the screen turns black.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button when you are holding the Side button.
- After some seconds, release the Side button; however, do not let go of the Volume Down button.
- When your iPhone is detected by iTunes, you need to let go of the Volume Down button and start the iPhone restoration process.
9. Alternative if It is a Hardware Problem
All the above-mentioned methods will help you learn how to fix lines on the iPhone screen if it is a software issue. However, if you still see the vertical lines, it is likely that it is a hardware-related problem.
There may have been instances where you have accidentally dropped liquid on your screen or dropped your device on a hard surface. If so, your only option is to visit the Apple Store and get your device checked by expert technicians.
If your device is under warranty, you do not have to worry about the cost. However, if there is no warranty, it will cost you quite some money. The cost of the repair depends on the damaged components; at times, it is simply easier to just replace your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the green lines on my iPhone screen damage my device?
A: While they won’t cause physical damage, they can interfere with your device’s usability and should be addressed promptly.
Q: Can I prevent green lines from appearing on my iPhone screen?
A: Unfortunately, you can’t entirely prevent it as it can result from both software glitches and hardware malfunctions. However, regularly updating your device and handling it with care can reduce the risk.
Q: Is my iPhone useless with the green line problem?
A: Not at all! While the green lines can be annoying, they don’t render your device useless.
Q: Are the green lines on my iPhone screen covered by warranty?
A: This depends on Apple’s warranty terms and conditions at the time of your issue. It’s best to contact Apple or visit an Apple Store to get accurate information.
Q: Do I need to replace my iPhone if it has the green line problem?
A: Not necessarily. In many cases, the solutions provided in this guide can resolve the issue without needing a replacement.
Q: Can third-party repair shops fix the green line issue?
A: While third-party repair shops might offer to fix the issue, it’s always safer to have your device checked at an authorized Apple Store or service provider.
However, if it is hardware damage, it is suggested that you get it repaired by an Apple technician and avoid trying to solve it yourself.