It is useful to know how to delete purchase history on iPhone for both novice and seasoned users.
The purpose of this guide is to explain how to do that in easy steps. We further explain some more about it for your knowledge.
Is It Possible to Delete Purchase History on an iPhone?
When something is purchased through the iPhone app store, it is recorded in your app purchase history.
That said, what if your purchase history is cluttered with numerous old apps you’ve purchased? You may question how to delete some of them.
The truth is that you cannot delete your purchase history. However, you can conceal it from your store. You can accomplish this by entering the app store, selecting the app, and clicking the hide button.
However, is it really possible to completely remove your purchase? Or is “hiding” merely a temporary measure?
Okay… So How to Delete Purchase History on iPhone?
Well, if you wonder how to delete purchase history on your iPhone (on iTunes), there’s no way to do that.
However, you can hide the apps you have purchased with the steps mentioned below.
- Go to iTunes using a PC and log in.
- Tap on “Account” and select “Purchased“.
- Choose a category
- See the list of items and select the one that should be hidden. Then, click on the cross icon.
Besides, if you wonder how to backup a locked iPhone if it is disabled, here are the top solutions for saving your data on a disabled iPhone.
How to Remove Purchases in Your iTunes Account?
Here are the steps to delete purchased apps from iTunes:
- Launch iTunes Store and select “More“.
- Tap on the option called “Purchased“.
- Then, select the correct category.
- Finally, tap on an item and swipe left. Tap “Delete” to complete the job.
Is It Possible to Delete Your App Download History?
You cannot necessarily delete the history pertaining to the app download. But you can still hide it.
- Go to App Store
- Select the picture of your account and hit “Purchased“.
- Tap “My Purchases” if the Family Sharing option is used.
- Now, click on the app that should be hidden.
- Tap “Hide” after swiping left on it.
- Hit “Done“.
How to Delete Apps from Your iPhone Library?
Here are the steps to delete apps that are available in your app library.
- On the home screen, swipe left to launch “App Library“.
- Search for the app you intend to delete.
- Tap on it and hold.
- Select “Delete App“.
Deleting an App Permanently from Your iCloud and iPhone
Mentioned below is how to delete apps from your iCloud and iPhone.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on the account name.
- Go to “iCloud“.
- On the list of apps, select the item that should be deleted and toggle it off.
- Tap the option called “Delete from my iPhone“.
What Prevents Me from Deleting Apps on My iOS Device?
There are several reasons for this. Mentioned below are those reasons for your information.
01. You Cannot Delete Built-in Apps
Most apps can be removed from the home screen easily. You can do it by softly tapping on them and holding them there until they start jiggling.
Attempting to delete built-in apps is most likely the reason for your inability to view this delete choice.
02. Parental Controls Are Enabled
If parental control is enabled on your device, you may not be able to delete apps. Mentioned below is how to disable the parental control app.
- Select “Settings” and choose “Screen Time“.
- Go to “Content and Privacy Restrictions“.
- Select “iTunes and App Store Purchases“.
- Go to “Deleting Apps” and select “Allow“.
How to Delete an App That is Previously Installed?
There are three different methods to delete preinstalled apps on an iPhone or an iPad.
- Tap and hold on to the app you wish to delete.
- It will jiggle, and a minus sign will appear.
- Tap on that sign and select “Delete“.
- Go to “Settings” and select “General“.
- Tap on “iPhone Storage“.
- Select the app that should be deleted.
- Select “Delete App“.
- Go to “App Store” and tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down so you can see all the apps installed.
- Select the app you want to delete and swipe it left.
- Hit “Delete“.
- Hit “Delete” once again.
Is It Possible to Delete Hidden Apps Permanently?
Here are the steps if you want to delete apps that are already hidden.
- Go to “App Store“.
- Tap on your profile image and go to your account.
- Enter the password.
- Select the option called “Hidden Purchases“.
- Select “Unhide“.
After that, you can delete any of those apps using any of the methods above.
Getting Rid of iTunes Subscriptions That Are Already Expired
There is no way to remove expired subscriptions from an iTunes account. But you can still cancel that subscription.
Follow below simple steps to do that.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on the account name.
- Select “Subscriptions“.
- Select the subscription that should be managed.
- Select “Cancel Subscription“.
Please note that the subscriptions that are expired will disappear after some time (depending on the app’s choice”.
To delete hidden purchases, you can simply follow the steps as if you did to delete apps.
Please note that you can use “Method 02” and “Method 03” to delete purchases.
Finding a History of a Particular Purchase
Here’s how to find the history of purchase on an iPhone.
- Select “Settings“. Then, you should go to the profile picture.
- Tap “Media and Purchases“.
- Go to “Purchase History“.
- Filter your app history by the date.
Does Apple Maintain Your Purchase Records?
Everything you buy from Apple is saved in your account. You can’t necessarily wipe your app purchase history, but you can simply hide it.
App purchases are saved by Apple even if the app is deleted. We have discussed that process in a previous section.
Can You Change Settings, So It Appears As if You Have Never Downloaded a Particular App?
Even after removing an app, you cannot make it appear as if you never downloaded it. If you search for the app in the app store, you’ll see a “cloud with an arrow” icon.
The program will remain in the library and iCloud storage even if you remove it from the App Store. It’s not possible to make it appear as if you never downloaded that app.
What Are the Steps to Cancel a Purchase?
The truth is that there is no way to cancel a purchase related to any app. But, still, you can get a refund simply by reporting an issue.
Refunds became available since iOS15. Mentioned below are the steps to cancel an app subscription.
- Go to “Settings” and select your profile picture.
- Go to “Subscriptions“.
- View the list of apps and services and select the respective subscription that should be managed.
- Select “Cancel Subscription” to proceed.
Is It Possible to Undo Purchases (in-app)?
Yes. You can do it with the following steps.
- Go to “reportaproblem.apple.com“.
- Report the problem you have with that app.
- Request for a refund.
In conclusion, deleting purchase history on your iPhone can help you declutter your device and maintain privacy. We have covered the steps to delete purchase history from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, and Apple Music. By following these instructions, you can easily manage and remove unwanted purchase records from your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: Can I recover deleted purchase history on my iPhone?
No, once you delete your purchase history, it cannot be recovered. Make sure to double-check before deleting any items.
FAQ 2: Will deleting purchase history affect my app or media library?
No, deleting purchase history only removes the record of your purchases. It does not uninstall apps or remove media from your library.
FAQ 3: Does deleting purchase history free up storage space?
No, deleting purchase history does not directly free up storage space on your iPhone. It only removes the record of your purchases.
FAQ 4: Can I delete purchase history on multiple devices?
Yes, you can delete purchase history on multiple devices using the same Apple ID. Changes made on one device will sync across all connected devices.
FAQ 5: How often should I delete my purchase history on iPhone?
The frequency of deleting your purchase history depends on your personal preference. You can choose to delete it periodically or whenever you feel the need to maintain a cleanand organized record of your purchases.