If you’ve ever wondered how to link JBL speakers together, this guide is perfect! We’ll show you exactly how to get your JBL speakers connected and sound great in no time.
JBL is one of the most famous brands when it comes to speakers. JBL speakers can be found in almost every professional sound and music studio.
They are also used by musicians who perform at different events such as concerts, stages, and festivals. JBL speakers come in different types that vary in size, style, and power output.
How to Link JBL Speakers?
You may want to connect two or more JBL speakers together because:
- You have a large venue or space that needs multiple sets of high-quality sound systems
- You want better quality sound than what one speaker can produce on its own
- One single speaker doesn’t provide enough bass for your taste
- You want a bigger and better sound experience!
No matter what reason it is, the steps for how to link JBL speakers are as follows:
1. Press the Power Button on Both Speakers to Turn Them On
To begin how to link JBL speakers, press the power button on the back of each speaker. The buttons are located in different places depending on your model.
But you can find them by looking for a small circle with an icon. This is usually located at the bottom edge of one side of the speaker, near where it connects to its power source.
Depending on your model, you may need to press and hold the power button for several seconds. The lights on both speakers will flash and stay solid when powered on.
If yours doesn’t turn on, try pressing and holding the power button longer. Or try plugging them into a different power source.
Besides, we’ll cover everything about how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone. And share some troubleshooting tips to fix issues that may arise during the process.
2. Press the Bluetooth Button on the Primary Speaker
To connect multiple JBL speakers, use the Bluetooth button on the primary speaker.
Press the Bluetooth button on your primary speaker to enable it for pairing. You can pair and stream music wirelessly from your phone or another device to this speaker. And any others linked by multi-room.
3. Open “Bluetooth Settings” on Your Android or iPhone
For the next step of how to link JBL speakers, open “Bluetooth Settings” on your iPhone or Android. And search for the available devices.
Choose your JBL speaker from the list and click “Pair.” Enter a password if necessary. Press the ‘Connect Button’ on the primary JBL speaker.
This will cause your other JBL speakers to connect automatically. Press the ‘Connect Button’ on any additional JBL speakers you wish to add.
4. Choose Your JBL Speaker from the List and Click “Pair.”
- Select your JBL speaker from the list and click “Pair.”
- Press the Bluetooth button on your primary speaker.
- The name of that speaker will appear in the list.
- Press the ‘Pair’ button on that screen, or press OK if you use an Android device with NFC enabled (Android 4.1 or later).
If the pairing is successful, you will see a message saying, “Connected to (device name).” And your primary speaker should start playing music.
If you have multiple speakers paired with your phone or tablet, you can play music through any of them at any time.
5. Enter a Password if Necessary
You will need to enter the password. If the speakers are password protected, please continue with the steps of how to link JBL speakers.
If you do not have a password and want to reset your speakers, follow these steps:
- Unplug all cables from all speakers except for one speaker connected via an Ethernet cable (or two if it is a pair). This can quickly be done by disconnecting from one port on each speaker using their ports.
- Plug into each port on your other JBL Boost products with an Ethernet cable (or two if it is a pair). And power them on until they boot up and connect wirelessly with each other. When this happens, they should sound together!
To disconnect this configuration whenever necessary: Unplug any Ethernet cables from both devices. Then unplug one Ethernet cable randomly to break/disconnect their connection.
6. Press the ‘Connect Button’ on the Primary JBL Speaker.
The next step in how to link JBL speakers involves pressing the ‘Connect Button‘ on the primary JBL speaker.
Note: if you’re trying to connect two or more speakers, ensure they’re all connected to power. And then follow these steps for each one of them.
7. Now, Please Press the ‘Connect Button’ on the Secondary Speaker and Wait for the Audio Cue.
Now, please press the Connect button on the secondary speaker and wait for the audio cue. The secondary speaker will produce a series of beeps after pressing its connect button. The beeps will get faster, louder, and more frequent over time.
When you hear this audio cue (about 15 seconds after pressing the Connect button), your two JBL speakers are now connected!
8. Place the JBL Speakers Close to Each Other
Want to ensure that the JBL speakers have connected to each other via Bluetooth signals? If so, then place the primary speaker within 30 feet of the secondary speaker.
The primary speaker should be in the center of the secondary speaker and at a higher elevation. The secondary speaker should be in the center of the primary and at a lower elevation.
If you want to ensure that your speakers are correctly connected, try placing them on different floors or rooms. And see if they continue working well together when placed close to one another.
And that’s it, you have successfully completed the steps of how to link JBL speakers, and your devices are connected.
The Maximum Limit of Connected JBL Speakers
It is possible to connect up to three JBL speakers together with the help of a receiver or amplifier.
However, the number of speakers you can connect with depends on the type of speaker you have. You need only one cable if you have an active speaker system that doesn’t require an external amplifier.
The cable will go from your music source to your speaker’s corresponding port. And continue to connect with another cable that connects both ports on two other speakers. This would make them all work together as one system.
You have learned how to link JBL speakers. But do you know how to unlink JBL speakers?
To unlink one JBL speaker from another, follows the following steps:
- Unlink the primary speaker from the secondary speaker.
- Press the Power button on the primary speaker to turn it off.
- Press the Bluetooth button on the primary speaker, and wait for it to flash blue and white again. (this means there is no link between this JBL Speaker and another device).
- Press and hold down both volume buttons simultaneously (shown by a group as + -). Do it until all lights start flashing red and white in sequence.
- Then release them after about 15 seconds when all lights are blinking red. Still, only one or two stay white for about 30 seconds before turning off completely.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I link different models of JBL speakers together? Yes, JBL speakers with Link or Connect+ compatibility can generally be linked together, even if they are different models. However, it’s recommended to refer to the specific documentation of your JBL speakers to ensure compatibility.
2. Can I link JBL speakers with other brands of speakers? JBL speakers are primarily designed to be linked with other JBL speakers. While some models may offer limited compatibility with speakers from other brands, it’s advisable to consult the manufacturer’s guidelines for optimal performance.
3. Can I link JBL speakers wirelessly and through a wired connection simultaneously? No, JBL speakers are typically linked wirelessly using Bluetooth or the JBL Connect+ feature. Simultaneous wired connections for linking multiple speakers are not supported.
4. How far can I place the linked JBL speakers from the primary device? The recommended range for optimal Bluetooth connectivity between linked JBL speakers and the primary device is generally around 30 feet (10 meters). However, this range can vary depending on the specific JBL speaker models and environmental conditions.
5. Can I link JBL speakers in a multi-room setup? Yes, you can link JBL speakers in a multi-roomsetup by placing them in different rooms and connecting them wirelessly. This allows you to enjoy synchronized audio playback throughout your home.
The JBL Link is a speaker that can be easily linked up with other JBL devices by following our step-by-step guide on linking JBL speakers.
This allows you to play music from one source across multiple speakers. And create an immersive sound experience for all those who are present in the room.
And when it comes time to unlink these speakers from each other manually, there are several methods that you can use.