When Gmail does not send emails through your Android app, that’s going to be really frustrating. As of today, plenty of individuals tend to send their emails on the go, using their mobile devices.
So, you always want your Gmail app to be functioning smoothly. Therefore, knowing what to do when Gmail not sending emails is essential for every Android user. So, you may continue reading and sending those emails through the Gmail app as usual.
Arguably, Gmail is the most popular email client in the world. As a service, it is a pretty solid option. However, many users say that they experience various issues quite often with the Gmail app on Android.
“Gmail not sending emails” is one of the most common issues associated with this app, as per our findings. So, let’s learn how to fix this issue, and this article lists several solutions to address it.
Reasons for “Gmail Not Sending Emails” Issue
There is more than one reason for the Gmail app to malfunction. One of the most common reasons behind this issue is severe errors on Gmail. Once you send the email, it will be stored in your outbox.
It will be sent at some point, but you will have to wait until the server-side error gets fixed. If the issue is related to the server, you don’t have anything to do from your end. All you should do is wait until it gets fixed.
However, in some cases, Gmail does not send emails because of other issues as well. For instance, it can happen due to app-related errors or bad POP/SMTP configurations as well.
Regardless of the reason, any user will get frustrated when Gmail does not send emails. With that said, mentioned below are the practical solutions you can try to overcome this issue.
Method 1: Check if the Details of the Email Recipient Are Correct
One of the most basic things you should check when Gmail not sending emails is the respective address. Although this sounds like a no-brainer, a surprising number of individuals enter the email address with errors.
As a result, the respective email will not be sent. You may already know that even a single error on the address will prevent the email from being sent.
So, check if the recipient’s email has an extra dot, hyphen, letter, or anything else. Also, you should make sure if anything is missing from the recipient’s email address. The key is to enter the email address correctly without any mistakes. So, be sure to double-check what you type as the email address.
If you are 100% sure about the correctness of the email address, your email should simply work. But if Gmail not sending emails, even if you type the correct address, try the solutions listed below.
Besides, here are the best email password hacker tools for you.
Method 2: Check if the Gmail Server Is Configured Correctly
You might be using other email accounts other than Gmail on your device to communicate with others. If that applies to your situation, you should ensure that you are properly signed in using the credentials.
In addition to that, you must ensure that POP/SMTP Servers are configured with the correct ports. Just go through with those configurations and check if everything is in order. You can do a bit of research on configuring a third-party account on your Gmail client.
Method 3: Clear the Cache and Data on Your Gmail To fix ‘Gmail Not Sending Emails’
Every Android app installed on your device uses a local cache and data to function. Cache becomes useful to provide a better user experience. Also, cache helps you experience a better user experience. The cache, however, can build gradually into a huge file, and the data in it can get corrupted. When those files get corrupted, the app will start to malfunction.
So, when the cache is left unattended for a pretty long period, it can do more harm than good. For instance, the app will perform slowly and may even fail to perform some intended tasks. The same theory applies to your Gmail app, as well. We strongly recommend you clear the cache and data on your apps, at least on an occasional basis.
You Can Follow the Steps Below and Clear Cache and Data on Your Gmail App.
- First, you should open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Then, under “Settings“, choose the option called “Apps“.
- After that, please open the “App Manager” and choose “All Apps“. Please note that on some phones, this option might appear as “Manage Apps” as well.
- Since we want to clear the cache of Gmail, choose the “Gmail” app to proceed.
- Now, you will see an option labeled “Storage“. Just tap on it.
- Clear the Cache first. Then, you should clear the option called “Clear Data” as well.
- After that, you can reboot the Android device and launch the Gmail app. Then, you can test if the Gmail app sends emails working as usual.
Method 4: Reinstall Your Gmail App to Fix ‘Gmail Not Sending Emails’
If you cannot overcome the issue even after clearing cache and data, try this method. As per this method, you should uninstall the Gmail app on your Android device and install it again.
However, in some OEMs, you will not be able to uninstall Gmail. That is because they have made Gmail a system app. In that case, you can just uninstall the updates, so new updates will be installed.
This is a pretty handy solution to address this issue, so keep reading and learn how to do it.
- First, you should go to “Settings” and choose “Apps“. Then, select “All Apps” and then go to “Gmail.”
- You can then tap on “Uninstall” or “Uninstall Updates“, depending on your OEM.
- After that, you can open “Play Store” and locate the option called “Gmail“.
- You can install “Gmail” through the Play Store now and restart the device.
- Once the device is restarted, you will be signed into the account automatically. Just check if the issue is solved. If Gmail not sending emails even after the above method, try the next solution.
Method 5: Remove the Existing Google Account from Your Device and Add It Once Again
If none of the above methods have worked for you so far, you should try this method. In this case, you will have to remove the troublesome Google Account from your device and add it again.
When you do this, your Gmail account and other services offered by Google will be reset. This is not a complex process at all. Also, you don’t have to worry about the process because your data is saved in the cloud.
With that said, please follow the simple guide below to get it done.
- First, you should open “Settings” on your Android device.
- Then, go to the option called “Accounts” to proceed.
- Now, you should select the option called “Google“.
- You should tap on the option called “More“, and then you should choose to remove the Google Account.
- You can Reboot the device and sign in to see if the issue is fixed.
Well, this is the last method you can count on if Gmail not sending emails on your device. However, if you still see this error after trying all those methods, contact Google support.
You should know that Gmail undergoes constant changes to provide a better user experience. However, on rare occasions, those changes can create some issues for users.
When the Gmail app is malfunctioning, you should not panic at all. Instead, try the methods we have mentioned above and resolve the error.
For many users, at least one of the above methods should address the issue. If it doesn’t work even after contacting Google support, take your device to an authorized Android technician. They will find out why Gmail not sending emails and fix the error for you.