Does Kroger take Apple Pay for the goods you purchase?
What other modes of payment do they accept?
You may have all those questions if you are an Apple Pay user who wants to shop at Kroger.
Does Kroger Accept Apple Pay?
Let’s get to the point straight away. To clarify, Apple Pay is not accepted at Kroger. Kroger began testing out NFC technology in 2020. They planned to introduce a variety of electronic payment systems, including Google Wallet, Apple Pay, and others.
Unfortunately, they do not take Apple Pay at this time. One possible explanation is the introduction of their branded NFC-related program, Kroger Pay.
In fact, this technology streamlines the checkout process by linking to your Kroger subscription and rewards card. That is much similar to the way you use Apple Pay.
Kroger may have opted to stop supporting competing digital wallets in favor of promoting its own technology. The current management has no plans to start accepting Apple Pay any time soon.
Besides, if you wonder, does Lowe’s take Apple Pay? If Apple Pay is not accepted at Lowe’s, what are other payments they accept as of now? Let’s find out the answers here.
What Are the Payment Methods Accepted by Kroger?
The answer to the question “does Kroger take Apple Pay?” is “No.” However, there are different other methods of payment accepted by Kroger. Mentioned below are those options to consider.
- American Express
Cash or personal checks are also acceptable methods of payment. They will accept WIC and SNAP/EBT cards, too. Kroger Pay is another option for paying at the register if you are a Kroger member.
To pay for your groceries, Kroger Pay creates a QR code for the entire amount you’ve spent. The QR code displays your purchase total and the associated payment option in the Kroger Pay system.
In order to complete your purchase at the register, simply scan the respective QR code. The deal moves forward, and you close out.
Also, if you wonder, does Costco accept Apple Pay? If yes, what sort of benefits can you claim by using Apple Pay at Costco? Let’s find out everything related to it.
How to Use Kroger Pay?
Now that you know does Kroger take Apple Pay or not, let’s learn how to use Kroger Pay. To use “Kroger Pay,” you must first sign up for a Kroger online account. Then, get your Kroger Pay application for your iOS or Android device, and you’ll be good to go.
There is a remote possibility that Kroger near you does not support Kroger Pay. These Kroger locations often serve a sparse population or are located in outlying areas.
- At some outlets, Kroger Pay may not be available due to some reason or another. If you have visited one of those outlets, you’ll get a message telling you so.
- The next step is to activate the Kroger Pay profile. To access the account, use the credentials you used when you first registered on the official website of Kroger. They’re connected in some way, you see.
- Thereafter, you will have to verify your identity with a PIN or else biometric. Face recognition and fingerprint scanning are both viable options for biometric authentication. Setting your default Kroger store as the destination for the Shopping List is the next crucial step. They think of it as your personal shopper.
- Using the app’s main screen, you may locate your nearest store. When your account is set up, you may begin adding payment details. Credit cards, bank cards, and loyalty reward cards can all be linked. Your various payment options are summarized for you in your account’s digital wallet section.
- You can make your go-to method of payment the default by selecting it here. The app will automatically charge that payment system at checkout. If you’ve already set up a preferred way of payment, you can skip bringing your wallet to the store. The software handles everything that needs to occur.
- When you’re prepared to shop, head to the Kroger location you selected in advance. In addition to that, you are free to switch to a different shop whenever you choose.
- Take your smartphone and purchases to a self-checkout area or a cashier when you’re done shopping. You should scan the QR code provided by the app before you may scan your items. To do this, either place the screen on the scanner or hand it to the cashier.
- When it finishes the scanning process, you may begin scanning your belongings. Use a cashier-staffed lane, and your purchases will be scanned automatically. After you’ve scanned all of your products, you’ll be given the option to redeem any applicable coupons.
- Once you have done that, tap Mobile in the app to complete payment for your purchases. If you use a cashier lane, they will handle it for you. If not, the funds will transfer, and the goods will be packed and ready for you to take home.
Are There Any Rewards Associated with Kroger Pay?
Are you already a loyalty member or a rewards member? If so, you might be concerned that using the app “Kroger Pay” will prevent you from earning rewards.
In fact, Kroger Pay streamlines the process of redeeming rewards and earning new ones.
Because your loyalty account is connected to the Kroger Pay profile, the two can share data with one another. The Kroger Pay app will notify your loyalty account whenever you make a purchase that is eligible for rewards.
The Kroger Pay app will apply your loyalty points when you define the respective loyalty membership. You are free to decide if and when you would want to use coupons or discounts.
Having everything taken care of for you reduces the number of accounts, cards, and PINs you should manage. The unique QR code that’s generated by the Kroger Pay mobile app at the checkout takes care of everything.
Kroger Pay users are occasionally eligible for Kroger’s exclusive loyalty prizes. It is a fantastic method for getting the most out of your membership card.
Is It Secure to Use Kroger Pay?
You may be concerned about the safety of using Kroger Pay. This problem arises particularly because you’re making your purchases through an app instead of a real card or cash.
The bright side is that they are incredibly safe. Kroger takes the security of your digital wallet data very seriously.
- There is no data stored on your phone.
- Kroger works as a corporation; thus, it invests much in data security in general.
- When your phone is scanned, no one will get any of your personal details.
- Instead of really using your card number and information, Kroger will substitute a “token” for it.
- The token is read by a scanner, which then processes the respective payment.
- Your private details will never be shown or used.
- It’s far safer than using a credit card on a machine that could be infiltrated by hacking devices.
Also, if you wonder, does Marshalls take Apple Pay or not? What other modes of payment does it accept? Here, we will discuss that in a detailed manner.
Where Else is Kroger Pay Accepted?
Kroger Pay can be used in nearly all sections of the shop. It may be used at both traditional and automated check-out lines, as well as at some drugstores.
Unfortunately, at this time, it is not accepted at any Kroger petrol stations or at any drugstore drive-thru points.
Many Kroger supermarkets also house a wide variety of local vendors on their retail premises. Due to their autonomy, in particular, they may not participate in the Kroger Pay system.
This means that they will be unable to maintain the technology. Do you want to purchase something from a third-party vendor located within a Kroger store? If so, you’ll need to utilize a more conventional method of payment, such as a credit card or cash.
You Cannot Use Kroger Pay to Purchase Alcohol
Unfortunately, not all alcoholic beverage checkout lines accept Kroger Pay. To be safe, carry a credit card or cash when visiting designated lanes to purchase alcoholic beverages.
Last but not least, Kroger Pay isn’t always accepted by their delivery and pick-up services. In fact, the bigger Kroger stores often take it, but the smaller ones might not.
Do you want to see if the store you’re using for delivery or pick-up accepts Kroger Pay? If so, you can do so by calling the store directly.
Can You Use Other Modes of Contactless Payments at Kroger?
In fact, you can use different contactless payment options at Kroger. Their “Scan, Bag, Go” app lets shoppers scan their items and check out in a single motion.
The final step is to make a purchase using the Kroger app. Because clients can easily scan as they are on the move, the shopping experience is streamlined.
They can avoid the line at the register by scanning and paying for their purchases on their phones.
This also means that they can transfer germs through contact with almost anything, not just specific touchpoints.
So, that’s our answer for those who want to know does Kroger accept Apple Pay. During a trial, Kroger tested Apple Pay and saw if it was compatible with their infrastructure. The company wasn’t satisfied with its functionality, so it created its own digital wallet, Kroger Pay.
This specific digital wallet has features and benefits that are analogous to Apple Pay. Furthermore, Apple Pay cannot be used at any Kroger convenience stores, gas stations, or pharmacies. If you’ve been using Apple Pay, you can now use Kroger Pay.