Are you reading this article because you want to know how to fix Ark’s Fatal Error?
The rest of this article will explain everything related to this error and practical solutions to it. So, please keep reading and learn how to fix it.
What Can Trigger Ark Fatal Error?
In general, Ark Fatal Error is likely to be the result of faulty or missing game files. Those missing files should be redownloaded immediately. You can get it done simply by verifying the integrity of game files.
In addition to that, the same issue can trigger because of the game optimization done by GeForce Experience.
Also, outdated drivers can be a reason for this issue. And you should update those drivers as soon as you get the chance. That is highly required to prevent further problems related to the game. Moreover, the same issue can be fixed by playing the game in compatibility mode.
What can you do if your game keeps crashing and popups keep appearing with the Ark Fatal Error message? Many individuals say that they have tried various methods of different complexities but have not succeeded.
If you fall into this category & hope to learn the most practical methods, just try the below-mentioned fixes.
We have listed several options for your convenience. You don’t have to try all those steps. Instead, just try one by one, and you can stop whenever one method works for you.
Method 1: How to Fix Ark Fatal Error by verifying the integrity of the game files?
Please follow the below to verify the integrity of the game files. This is a very simple yet useful fix for Steam games. As you may know, broken and missing files can cause Ark Fatal Error.
With this fix, you can redownload files to fix crashes.
- First, you should Run Steam.
- Then, you should locate Ark in the library and right-click on the game.
- After that, click Properties.
- Now, on the local files tab, you should click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You can close Steam and relaunch Ark now.
Besides, click here for the top solutions to fix the Steam error code 105.
Method 2: Fix Ark Fatal Error by turning off the Steam Game overlay
You should know that the Steam overlay can be regarded as a part of the Steam user interface. The purpose of using it is to allow accessing friend lists, using a browser, and other in-game DLC purchasing.
Although this feature is highly useful, it can cause errors in certain cases, including Ark Fatal Error. In that case, please just simply disable it and check if it could solve the error.
- Start by running Steam.
- Go to the LIBRARY and locate Ark.
- Right-click on the game and then click Properties.
- Now, in the General tab, just uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay option while in-game.
- Now, you should close Steam and launch Ark. You can check if the error is gone.
Method 3: Reduce the pings value
As we have realized, Ark Fatal Error can also appear due to ping values. You can lower the ping values so it may solve it.
- First, you should run Steam. Then, click on Steam, which is located in the left-toper corner.
- Now, go to “Settings.”
- After that, please choose the option called the In-Game tab. Then, go to the In-Game server browser: Max pings/ minute.
- After that, you should choose a lower value in the drop-down.
- Click on OK.
- Then, close Steam and relaunch Ark.
Method 4: Update the drivers of your graphics unit
According to our findings, Ark Fatal Error can also happen due to driver issues. Specifically, this issue can trigger if you are using the wrong graphic drivers or an outdated driver.
So, the best solution is to update the drivers. Anyway, updating the drivers is good for the performance of the PC.
You can get it done manually or even automatically. Obviously, the latter is better.
01. Downloading the drivers manually
First, let’s go to the official website of the manufacturer. Then, find the corresponding drivers to match the version of your Windows OS.
Then, download those drivers one by one and install them. You should follow the onscreen instructions to get it installed.
02. Download or update video card drivers automatically
If you hardly have any time to download the drivers manually, you should try this method. In this case, we will be using a special tool called Driver Easy to download the drivers. This tool will scan your PC for potential driver-related errors.
Then, it will search for the most appropriate version of the drivers and get them downloaded automatically. You don’t have to worry about the OS version or visiting the manufacturer’s website.
Also, this method eliminates the risk of making mistakes while downloading drivers.
Driver Easy comes in two versions; Free and Pro. Using the Pro version, you can download and update all the drivers using two clicks.
However, with the free version of Driver Easy, you have to install them one by one. Their pro version is offered with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Mentioned below is a simple guide on how to fix the ark fatal error.
- First, download Driver Easy and install it on your computer.
- Then, you should launch Driver Easy and click on the option “Scan Now.” Then, Driver Easy will scan the PC and detect potentially problematic drivers.
- Now, you should click on the button labeled “Update.” It is located next to the driver. This will install the correct driver on the PC.
- Likewise, you should do it on the other drivers if you use a free version. However, if you use the pro version, you should click on “Update All” only. All the drivers will be automatically updated to the latest in that case.
- Once the drivers are updated, just launch the game and see if it works.
Method 5: Update the game
If the issue is still persisting, please try updating the game and check if it works once the game is updated to the latest version, that will fix the problem.
Method 6: If there is any hardware acceleration, disable it
Try this one if none of the above methods have worked for you. Do you have web browsers running in the background with Ark running? If so, you should try to turn off the hardware acceleration. Then, test the game to see if it works.
Below is the step-by-step guide on getting it done with Chrome.
- First, you should run Google Chrome.
- Then, you should click on those three dots button in the right-upper corner.
- Then, click on the option called Settings.
- Now, scroll down and click on “Advanced.”
- When under the System option, turn off the “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Now, you should launch Ark and see if the crash has disappeared or not.
Method 7: Run the game in Compatibility mode for Windows 7
Here’s another method if none of the above has worked for you. If you experience Ark Fatal Error on Windows 8 or 10, try to run it in the compatibility mode for Windows 7. This could be ideal because the OS was pretty common during that time.
Mentioned below is a simple guide about how to get it done.
- Is it possible to locate the game’s installation folder manually? If so, you can locate the game’s executable as well. The most convenient way is to right-click the game’s shortcut on the Desktop. Then, you should choose Properties from the menu. If not, you can search for ARK in the Start menu. Then, right-click the first result. Then, you should choose “Open file location.” After that, you can choose Properties from its menu.
- If you have installed it through Steam, simply open its shortcut on the Desktop. If not, you can do it after searching for it in the Start menu.
- Once Steam is opened, go to the Library tab through the Steam window. Then, you should locate the ARK: Survival Evolved entry in the list.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the game’s icon. Then, choose the Properties option from the context menu. You can then navigate to the Local Files tab, which is located in the Properties window. After that, you should click on the button labeled Browse Local Files.
- When you are inside the ARK Folder, go to ShooterGame and locate Binaries. Then, go to Win64 and right-click the ShooterGame.exe file. Then, you should choose Properties. After that, please go to the Compatibility tab. Then, you should check the box located next to the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option. After that, you should choose Windows 7.
- Now, under the Settings section in the same window, you should make sure to check another box. This is located next to the option “Run this program as an administrator.” This will give more permission so that the problem can be solved.
- Make sure to apply the changes you have made.
Method 8: Disable Mods
If you have installed mods in Ark: Survival Evolved, they may conflict with the game and trigger the Ark Fatal Error. Disable the mods by following these steps:
- Open the Steam client and go to your game library.
- Right-click on “Ark: Survival Evolved” and select “Properties.”
- In the properties window, navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Browse Local Files” button to open the game’s installation directory.
- Go to the “ShooterGame\Content\Mods” folder.
- Rename or move all the mod files to a different location.
- Launch the game and check if the error is resolved.
Method 9: Clear Game Cache
Accumulated game cache can sometimes cause performance issues and trigger the Ark Fatal Error. Clearing the game cache might help resolve the issue. Here’s how you can do it:
- Close Ark: Survival Evolved and ensure it is not running in the background.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%LOCALAPPDATA%” and press Enter to open the Local AppData folder.
- Locate and open the “ShooterGame” folder.
- Delete the “Saved” and “Config” folders.
- Launch the game again and check if the error persists.
Method 10: Reinstall DirectX
Outdated or corrupted DirectX files can lead to compatibility issues and trigger the Ark Fatal Error. To reinstall DirectX:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “dxdiag” and press Enter to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Navigate to the “System” tab and check your DirectX version.
- Visit the official Microsoft DirectX download page and install the latest version.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to see if the error is resolved.
Method 11: Install Windows Updates
Outdated Windows operating system can also contribute to the Ark Fatal Error. Make sure your Windows is up to date by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to “Update & Security” and click on “Windows Update.”
- Click on the “Check for updates” button and let Windows download and install any available updates.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to check if the error persists.
1. Can outdated graphics drivers cause the Ark Fatal Error?
Yes, outdated graphics drivers are a common cause of the Ark Fatal Error. Make sure to update your graphics drivers to the latest version to resolve this issue.
2. Should I disable all mods to fix the Ark Fatal Error?
Yes, disabling mods can help identify if they are causing conflicts and triggering the Ark Fatal Error. Temporarily remove or disable all mods and check if the error persists.
3. Is it necessary to clear the game cache to fix the Ark Fatal Error?
Clearing the game cache can help resolve performance issues and fix the Ark Fatal Error in some cases. It is worth trying as part of the troubleshooting process.
4. How can I ensure hardware compatibility with Ark: Survival Evolved?
Check the official game documentation or the developer’s website for the minimum and recommended hardware specifications. Compare your system’s specifications to ensure compatibility.
5. What should I do if none of the solutions work for fixing the Ark Fatal Error?
If none of the solutions provided in this article work, it is recommended to contact the game’s support team or visit their official forums for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your system and error details.
Encountering the Ark Fatal Error can be frustrating for gamers, but with the practical solutions mentioned in this article, you should be able to resolve the issue and get back to enjoying Ark: Survival Evolved. Remember to follow the steps carefully and be patient while troubleshooting. Good luck!