When choosing a good voice changer for Linux, there are many aspects to consider.
With this article, we intend to make things easier for you. Simply put, we list the best options for those looking for a good voice changer for Linux.
The Requirement for a Good Voice Changer for Linux
People in today’s digital age enjoy exchanging jokes with their loved ones on social media. It’s no longer difficult to alter your voice with a real-time approach.
Are you playing online games or chatting with friends on Skype or Discord? No matter the case, you may now use voice changers to facilitate your voice-altering requirement.
Changing your voice with the help of a highly sophisticated voice changer app is a pleasurable experience. Such an experience can lift your spirits to no end.
We’ll show you how to use an excellent voice changer for Linux and spice up your online chats. That being said, let’s get right to the point.
PS: if you wonder how to use Voxal Voice Changer, you should check out this guide.
Top Best Voice Changer for Linux
Linux voice changer programs abound on the internet, each claiming to be the finest. Handpicked from the reviews along with user feedback, mentioned below are our top picks.
01. Lyrebird Voice Changer
Open-source voice changer Lyrebird has a user-friendly UI. On its main screen, you can view all the filters you may fine-tune. Voice changer for Linux lives users now can save and load their own custom presets. It is an easy-to-use yet very powerful tool.
Main Features of Lyrebird
- Females and males voice themes of high quality
- Users can adjust the pitch manually if necessary
- Load and even create custom effects
- It creates a virtual input feature on a temporary basis
- It is a very simple, powerful, yet convenient UI
- This is a free tool
- It comes with some basic features only
- Effects are somewhat limited
- Its compatibility is limited
Also, if you are searching for the best Male-To-Female Voice Changer App, here are the top ones you should check out.
Steps on using Lyrebird
- First, you should download the installation media from their official website.
- Then, you should select either a preset or create your own custom pitch before flipping the switch.
- Now, you should change this program’s input device to the virtual input of Lyrebird. You can then use the command called “pavucontrol.” Enter that in the terminal so you can use the system’s voice control as well.
- After that, you should configure the microphone to be the default option on the gaming app (Discord). If not, you can change the same in any other app.
That’s how to use this tool.
02. Clownfish Voice Changer
Another high-quality voice changer for real-time use. This voice changer for Linux has a massive library of humorous voice-changing features as well.
Clownfish’s voice changer is a unique creation. Users can construct new sound filters in high quality using VST plugins on Linux. This is specifically because of its interoperability with VST plugins.
And here is the comprehensive Clownfish Voice Changer review for your further reading.
Even novices don’t encounter any technical difficulties because of its easy and intuitive UI.
In addition to Linux, it supports is compatible with Windows OS versions and is fully compatible with many apps. For instance, Zoom, Discord, Viber, Skype, Steam, and a slew of other online chat programs and services.
Features of this Clownfish Voice Changer for Linux
- It has plenty of sound effects to match your requirement
- You can use it as a text-to-speech tool
- It offers call recording as well
- Excellent VST support
- You can configure the background noise of your microphone
- It doesn’t compromise your privacy
- Be a completely free and open-source app
- It works with any Windows operating system
- This voice changer for Linux doesn’t have any advanced effects
- It comes with a pretty old-looking interface
Guide to Using Clownfish Voice Changer
- Right-click on Clownfish’s icon in the Linux menu and select “open with” from the context menu. Then, you should click Setup.
- Once Clownfish is installed, it will be set as the default sound recording tool. The “Microphone” must be installed as part of the installation process.
- Now, you should navigate to the PC’s settings and set your “Microphone” to be its default device.
- Then, open any talking app, such as Discord, and change the audio settings for the Microphone to “default.”
- To get started with it, run Clownfish from its system tray. After that, select a sound effect from the “Home” menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some of the most popular voice changers for Linux?
A: Some of the most popular voice changers for Linux include Clownfish Voice Changer, Lyrebird Voice Changer, MagicMic Voice Changer, MorphVOX Junior, and Voicemod.
Q: How do I use a voice changer?
A: The process of using a voice changer will vary depending on the specific voice changer you are using. However, most voice changers work by simply selecting the desired voice effect and then speaking into the microphone.
Q: Are voice changers safe to use?
A: Yes, voice changers are safe to use. However, it is important to note that some voice changers may reduce the quality of your voice.
Q: Can I use a voice changer for professional purposes?
A: Yes, you can use a voice changer for professional purposes. In fact, many voice actors and dubbers use voice changers to improve their performances.
Q: Where can I find more information about voice changers?
A: You can find more information about voice changers online. There are many websites that offer reviews and tutorials on voice changers.
We explained the best voice changer for Linux in this article. Pretty much all of these tools are free. With such tools, you can experience a great deal of fun.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a voice changer for Windows, you can rely on Clownfish. It has plenty of features to impress you, along with a very friendly interface.