It becomes important to know how to securely and easily transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei simply because you can afford to lose valuable WhatsApp data while changing your mobile phone.
Transferring WhatsApp data isn’t easy, so to help you with that, we present the best methods you can use. Read on to know more.
iCareFone Transfer – Best Software to Transfer WhatsApp Data
Among the best software available in the tech market that claims to transfer app data from one device to another, iCareFone Transfer is another name trusted by users worldwide to transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei.
The results of this software are very effective and get delivered very fast too. It is very safe to transfer WhatsApp data via this tool from one do you not have to worry about any error happening during the process.
Let us now see the process of operating this tool for transferring WhatsApp data from a Xiaomi device to Huawei:
1. Start with downloading the software from the official website on a PC and then get done with installing it properly. After that, connect both Xiaomi and Huawei devices to the PC.
2. Hit the button of Transfer and then confirm the step taken.
3. Now, all you have to do is follow the instructions as they appear on the screen, and the software will start backing up the WhatsApp data.
Some time will be taken for the process to finish, and then a notification will appear on the main interface of the screen to notify you of the data transfer completion.
Transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei Phone via Google Drive
Suppose you have some tech knowledge and are comfortable with manually fixing gadgets.
In that case, you can give the first attempt to use help from Google Drive to facilitate the transfer of WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei.
This is an entirely free method and won’t require you to install any software, only that you will have to perform many steps that can be a little cumbersome.
With Google Drive, you will need first to back up all the device data and then restore it to the target device.
The major condition of this working method is that the backup will get linked to a particular phone or Gmail account with which you will log in on Google Drive for the backup. Then you will have to use that account on the next device only to be able to download that data there.
All of this won’t work out if you log in with another phone number or Gmail account on the target device, as the restore option won’t get available to you there.
With these conditions clear, let us give you the steps that you need to perform for this solution:
1. Launch the WhatsApp app on the source Xiaomi device. Tap on the icon of three dots on the side to go into the More Options tab.
2. Go to Settings and select the Chat option, followed by opening the Chat Backup tab. In that window, select the option of Back up to Google Drive as per the process.
3. In the same window, choose the desired backup frequency followed by entering the Gmail or Google account on which you would want to create the data backup. Also, select the network connection that you want to use for the backup process.
4. Now, hit the button Back-Up, and the backup of all the chosen WhatsApp data will get created.
5. Remove the WhatsApp application from the Xiaomi device after that and install it on the target Huawei device. You need to ensure that the number you are going to log in with on WhatsApp must be active for successful verification of the account.
6. Launch the Play Store on the Huawei device and install and set up the WhatsApp account properly on it to transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei.
When you enter the phone number you’ve been using on the previous device and on which you created the backup, the app will prompt a message on the screen stating the existence of a backup linked to that account or number.
7. Now, hit the Restore button and wait until all the backup data is restored on the target device.
That’s it. All the WhatsApp data from the previous device, like chats and media files, will be restored immediately, with the media files taking longer than other things.
Wait till the process gets over, and then you will have all the old WhatsApp data on your new device.
This method has been appreciated by many users for being quite useful and free. However, the only downside is that it is lengthy to perform and might not serve your purpose if you are not adept at manual tech handling.
In some cases, the backup might even fail to get restored as there is a low rate of guaranteed success due to the technicality involved.
Transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei Phone via ZIP Compressor
Another manual method that can help you to transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei with all the data intact involves the usage of the zip compressor that can be downloaded from the Play Store easily.
It is a simple-to-perform method but requires manual operation at every step. You will have to back up all the WhatsApp data offline and then move ahead, transferring it from the older Xiaomi device to the new Huawei device.
Here are the steps that you need to follow for this solution:
1. Launch Play Store on the Xiaomi device and search for any good Compressor application. Download it and launch it to compress the stored WhatsApp data on the device. The RAR app can work well for you in this case, so you can try it.
2. After you are done with downloading and installing the app successfully on the device, launch it. Find the option of opening the root directory of the WhatsApp application. Go ahead with creating the zip file of the same now, and you can save it in any format of RAR or ZIP as per convenience.
3. Now, you will have to copy this zip file of the WhatsApp data on any PC by connecting the Xiaomi device to that PC.
4. At the same time, connect the target Huawei device with the same PC. You must have also downloaded the same RAR application that you downloaded on the previous device on the Huawei device.
5. Now paste the copied file from the Xiaomi device to the target Huawei device. Launch the RAR application on the Huawei device to open the transferred WhatsApp ZIP data.
6. At this stage, all you have to do is simply extract the data on the home directory of the Huawei device, followed by starting to set up the extracted files along with the WhatsApp account on the target device.
7. The WhatsApp app will automatically detect the backup files that you’ve extracted and will prompt you to restore everything on its interfaces, like chat and media files. Go ahead with hitting the button Restore.
The WhatsApp data will be available on the new device soon.
A professional tool like iCareFone for WhatsApp transfer can be the perfect choice to transfer WhatsApp from Xiaomi to Huawei devices because of their advanced technology that allows smooth and safe data transfer.
However, the manual methods listed are also effective and worth a try.