Ever switched phones and realized that all your WhatsApp messages, images, and videos were left on your old device? Well, don’t panic! This article will guide you on how to restore WhatsApp to your Samsung device in a clear, concise, and engaging manner.
Why might you need to restore WhatsApp to Samsung?
You could be transitioning from an iOS to an Android device, have accidentally deleted WhatsApp, or are simply restoring your device to factory settings. Whatever the reason, we’ve got your back!
For example, someone may be using Whatsapp for his/her business proceedings, so obviously, it would be very vital to keep a record of its conversations and dealings for future reference.
So quite rightly, we need to be very conscious about its safety and backup. Although Whatsapp itself provides quite a lot of backup and safety features still, there are risks of data loss when especially when we change our mobile devices. This is even more so when we switch from different operating systems like changing from Android to iOS and vice versa.
Here we’ll discuss in detail how to avoid this loss of important data. iCareFone is one such kind of tool that can easily restore all messages and conversations without much hassle.
So here we’ll assume we have switched to a new Samsung device and will see how to restore WhatsApp to Samsung from other android devices and iPhones with the help of different available options.
1. Restore WhatsApp to Samsung Phone from iPhone
There could be a chance that you are using an old iPhone model, and after many years of use, your phone isn’t responding the way you want.
You decide to switch your phone to a mid-range smartphone like Samsung S22; there you’ll have to restore WhatsApp to Samsung from the old iPhone.
But how shall we do this? There are two ways to do this
With the Help of iCareFone to Restore WhatsApp
iCareFone Transfer for WhatsApp is one of the most popular and widely used tools available in the market for transferring data between different phones.
With this tool, you can also create and save the backup on your computer along with restoring WhatsApp to Samsung from your iPhone.
Considering there is no official support available for transferring the data between these two devices. iCareFone is the best tool available to do this job. But how shall we restore WhatsApp to Samsung from iPhone?
Here is the Step by Step Guide to Do This.
- Download and install the iCareFone WhatsApp Transfer application on your computer.
- Once the application is installed, launch it a connect both your phones to the computer via a data cable.
- There will you see the option labeled “Transfer WhatsApp data between iOS and Android devices.”
- Both source and destination phones will appear on display, along with an option to transfer.
- You can ensure that source and transfer phones are rightly selected.
- Once you have ensured that everything is in order. Just click the transfer option
- Transferring process will be initiated right after you click the transfer option.
- Bigger the data, the longer the time to transfer all the documents from one phone to another
- Here you need to ensure the connectivity of both phones with computers.
- It is recommended to have USB ports and connections remain clear for any other device during the transfer process.
Once the process is completed, all your data from one phone to another is transferred.
2. Restore WhatsApp to Samsung Phone from Android
Similar to what we do for iPhones to restore WhatsApp to Samsung, the same process can be repeated for android devices to restore WhatsApp to Samsung.
In general, we can say that this process is relatively simpler to do when we have two android devices compared to when we have one android operated and one iPhone device.
It’s because Samsung belongs to the same operating and ecosystem as other Android-operated devices while iPhones have a different operating and closed ecosystem.
|Local backup||Google Drive||iCareFone Transfer|
|Maintains encryption protection||Yes||No||Yes|
|Ease of use||No||Yes||Yes|
|Transfer without backup||No||No||Yes|
Restore WhatsApp to Samsung with the Help of Local Backup
Probably the most commonly used and easiest method to restore WhatsApp to Samsung would be through your previously saved backup file. Most often than not, the backup data would be of the last seven days and sometimes even older than that. But how shall we use it?
To use the previously saved data file, you are required to change the file name from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. Once you are done with renaming the file, it can be moved to your Samsung either with the help of Bluetooth or a USB data cable.
So first you need to download the WhatsApp application on your phone, during the installation process it will ask you about the restore option, there you have to select a local backup option. By doing this, you’ll be able to restore WhatsApp to Samsung from a local backup file.
Using Google Drive
Another useful way to restore WhatsApp to Samsung is with the help of google drive. For this to work, you must have made a backup file and saved important data in the google drive that comes with your personal Google account.
Considering you have made a WhatsApp backup in your google drive. So next time you switch to a new Samsung, you can use this backup directly to restore WhatsApp to Samsung. But how to do this?
For this, you must ensure that you are successfully logged into your Google account on your new Samsung device. Now during the installation of the WhatsApp application, there will come an option to restore previously saved backup from google drive.
Using iCareFone Transfer
Similar to iPhones, the iCareFone tool is evenly effective to restore WhatsApp to Samsung from android devices. The process itself is not much different from what we have already discussed above.
So with the help of this tool, we can create different backup files from android and iPhone devices as long as they don’t overwrite each other. But how shall we do this?
Here is a simple guideline to do this.
- Download and install the iCareFone Transfer on your computer.
- Once the application is installed, launch it & connect your phone with the computer via data cable.
- There will you see the option labeled “Please Select The Social App“.
- This way could be through creating a backup from the previously used android device. that can easily be done by using an option labeled “Backup“.
- You can use this backup to restore WhatsApp to Samsung as soon as the backup is created.
- Another option that can be used to restore WhatsApp backup is the “Restore to Android“.
- A list of all backups will be displayed on your screen once you connect both of your devices to the computer.
- Choose an appropriate backup that you want to restore to your new phone.
- After selecting the backup file and target device, initiate the transfer process.
- First, the target device will be prepared for the transfer process.
- Once the preparation is completed, the restoration process will begin.
- Within a few minutes, all the required data will be restored to the target device.
Tips for a Successful WhatsApp Restoration
To ensure a successful restoration of your WhatsApp data on a Samsung device, consider the following tips:
- Ensure Sufficient Storage Space: Make sure your Samsung device has enough storage space to accommodate the restored WhatsApp data.
- Use a Stable Internet Connection: Connect your device to a stable and reliable internet connection during the restoration process to avoid interruptions.
- Keep Your Samsung Device Charged: Ensure your Samsung device is adequately charged or connected to a power source to prevent any disruptions due to low battery levels.
- Check Compatibility of Third-Party Software: If opting for third-party software, ensure it is compatible with your Samsung device and the WhatsApp backup file.
- Can I restore WhatsApp from an iPhone to a Samsung device? Yes, you can. The process involves backing up your WhatsApp data on your iPhone and then restoring it on your Samsung device.
- Why can’t I restore my WhatsApp backup? Ensure that you’re connected to a stable internet connection and that you’re using the same phone number and Google account that was used to create the backup.
- What if I don’t see my backup on Google Drive? Make sure you’re logged in to the correct Google account that was used to create the backup.
- Do I need to uninstall WhatsApp before restoring? No, you just need to clear the app’s data before starting the restoration process.
- How often should I backup my WhatsApp data? The frequency depends on how regularly you use WhatsApp. If you’re an active user, consider daily backups.
In the end, we can conclude by saying that there are a number of different options available to restore WhatsApp to Samsung devices, but here we have only discussed the best available approaches.
With the help of this information that we have discussed above, you can make a decision based on your own choice as to what is the right method to restore WhatsApp to Samsung.