Have you been using DoorDash for a while but now wish to withdraw from its services? Or may just want to update your payment method.
In this article, we will talk about how to remove the payment method from DoorDash, so make sure you read it till the end.
Let’s say you are hungry but don’t want to cook or go out to eat. Then DoorDash can easily help you order food online from your favorite restaurant. Any restaurant that is affiliated with DoorDash will accept these online orders.
And the food will be delivered to you by Dashers. The most important question about this is how to pay. DoorDash provides you with several methods by which you can pay for your food.
It even lets you add or remove a payment method from the app. Let’s show you “How to Remove Payment Method From DoorDash” & “How to Remove Card from DoorDash.”
How to Delete Payment Method on DoorDash Using Mobile App?
You can remove the payment method from DoorDash mobile app by following these easy steps:
1. Launch the Mobile App.
2. If you’re not logged in to the app, then proceed to log in.
3. Then go to your Account.
4. This page will display various options. These will include Payment Methods, Addresses, Gift Cards, Notifications, Support, and Privacy.
5. From there, select the option saying “Payment Methods.”
6. If you have already used DoorDash, then you might have added a few payment methods to the app. These methods will be displayed on this page.
7. These options will include your Cards, UPIs, Apple Pay, etc.
8. Now, to delete a payment option from this list, swipe left on the payment option.
9. As you start swiping slowly, a delete icon will be visible on the screen.
10. Proceed to tap on the Delete option.
11. As you click Delete, a message will pop up on your screen. This is to confirm that you want to remove his payment method from DoorDash.
12. Tap on “Yes” and then “Confirm” options.
That’s all. This will delete that particular payment method from your DoorDash app.
Now, in case the payment method that you choose is set as default, this process will not work as default methods cannot be removed.
Besides, here, we will address the question, “Does DoorDash Take Apple Pay” and its other payment methods. We will also be covering many more topics related to it.
How to Remove a Card from DoorDash Using Website?
Please find below steps to remove a payment method from DoorDash using their website:
1. Launch your browser and enter the URL- https://www.doordash.com/.
2. As you visit the site, you will need to log into your account if you aren’t logged in already.
3. On this main dashboard, you’ll notice three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
4. Tap on those Three lines to open the menu.
5. This menu will have various personalized options, such as Home, Profile, Payment, Offers, Pickup, Orders, accounts, Privacy, Gift Cards, etc.
6. From these options, you need to tap on the “Payment” option.
7. As you click on the option “Payment,” you will land on a page. It will display various payment methods that you have already added to your account.
8. These payment methods include your Cards and UPIs like GPay, PayPal, Apple Pay, etc.
9. You’ll notice three dots in front of each payment method. Click on those three dots to see more options.
10. In these options, you will see “Set as Default” and “Delete.”
11. As we wish to delete a particular payment method, you’ll be choosing the “Delete” option.
12. Confirm that you want to delete the pop-up message.
So that’s how to remove cards from DoorDash on the website.
Also, for any user, it can be handy to know how to cancel a DoorDash order; here are the different ways to cancel orders on Doordash and get a refund.
How to Add a New Payment on the DoorDash website?
If you wish to add a payment method using the DoorDash website, follow these steps-
- Visit the DoorDash Website using your browser.
- Sign in to your DoorDash account if you aren’t signed in already.
- You will be greeted with the main dashboard. On the Top Left corner of the dashboard, there will be three horizontal lines.
- Tapping on these lines will open a menu.
- This menu will present several options in front of you. These options include home, Profile, Payment, Gift Cards, Pickup, Orders, etc.
- Since we are trying to add a payment method, choose the option saying “Payment.”
- This will lead you to a new page where your already added payment methods will be displayed.
- As you are on this page, you will need to find an option saying, “Add Another Payment.” In this option, you will be given various payment options to add. These options are “Add Card,” “Add UPI,” and “Add Bank Account.”
- According to your desire, choose any one option.
- The next page will require you to fill in the details needed to add that payment method. This will vary depending on whether you choose to add cards, UPI, or bank accounts.
- After filling in the details in respective fields, click “Confirm.”
Done! This will add a payment method to your DoorDash account.
In addition, do you wonder at what time does DoorDash stop delivering (starts delivering)? Well, here we explain everything related to this matter to you.
How to Add Payment Method on DoorDash Using Mobile App?
Instead of “How to Delete Payment Method on DoorDash?” you would like to know how to add one using the mobile app, then follow these steps-
- Launch the DoorDash Mobile app
- If you aren’t logged in already, then log in to your account
- Now, open your account by clicking on the “Your Account” option
- You will land on a page that will display various options such as Profile, Payment methods, and Gift cards.
- Since you want to add a payment method to your DoorDash app, select the option saying “Payment methods.”
- The next page will show all the payment methods that you have already added to your DoorDash account.
- On this page, you’ll need to find an option saying “Add Another Payment.”
- Click on that option. Then you will be asked to choose from different payment methods, such as Cards, UPIs, or Bank accounts.
- You can choose from these options depending on what you would like to do.
- Then fill in the required details. These details will vary depending on which option you choose in the previous step.
- Tap on “Confirm” to finish the task
This will add that payment method to your DoorDash account.
By the way, if you are experiencing the issue of ‘DoorDash Fast Pay not working,’ here are a couple of the best solutions you can try to fix it on your own.
Payment Methods Compatible with DoorDash
Before knowing how to remove a card from DoorDash, you must know which payment methods are compatible.
We have researched it, and we found out that DoorDash has a truly broad selection of Payment methods. The Payment methods that are compatible with DoorDash are as follows-
- Google Pay
- UPI apps
- Fast Pay
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Apple Pay
- Cash on Delivery
You might be planning on using any one or more payment methods from this list. In that case, you must know How to Add a payment method on DoorDash and even How to Delete the Payment Method on DoorDash. You can know this by reading our article.
Since DoorDash is a widely known food delivery and ordering company. And with this reputation, they need to have various payment methods for the customers.
DoorDash has these several payment methods in both the app and website; you only need to learn how to use them.
If you have read this article on “How to Remove Payment Method From DoorDash?” then you might know the procedure already, as we have broken down the process into easy steps that you can follow.
FAQ About DoorDash Payment Methods
In this article, we have told you “How to Delete Payment Method On DoorDash.”
However, there are other questions that are frequently asked by DoorDash users. In this section, we have answered those questions.
Is It Possible to Delete All the Payment Methods on My DoorDash account?
There’s always one payment option that should be set as default in DoorDash. You cannot remove the default payment method. It is impossible to remove all the payment methods from your DoorDash account.
This fact is annoying, especially when others are using your account. To solve this issue and delete all the payment methods on DoorDash, you will have to delete your account.
If you are trying to do so because of a payment issue, you can try contacting DashDoor support.
How to Delete Your DoorDash Account?
After opening a DoorDash account, it is very difficult to delete it. If you really want to delete your DoorDash account, you will need to submit a request to DoorDash.
You can file this request via email to the DoorDash support team. This email should be well crafted in order to Delete or deactivate your DoorDash account. This is how you do it-
- Email Recipient- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject- Delete My Account or Deactivate My Account
- The main text should include your Account Info, such as your email address and username.
- Optional- You can add the reason for deleting the DoorDash account to your email.
Send this well-formatted email to the support team of DoorDash. It will take some time for them to respond. Usually, it takes only a few days.
However, it is seen that almost all requests are accepted. Once verified properly, DoorDash deletes the accounts.
Can I re-add a payment method after removing it from DoorDash?
Yes, you can re-add a payment method after removing it from DoorDash. Simply follow the steps to access your payment methods and select the option to add a new payment method. Provide the necessary details, and the payment method will be added to your account.
How many payment methods can I have on DoorDash?
DoorDash allows you to save multiple payment methods to your account. You can have several cards or payment options saved for convenience and flexibility.
Is my payment information secure on DoorDash?
DoorDash takes the security of your payment information seriously. They employ various measures to protect your data and ensure secure transactions. However, it’s always recommended to regularly monitor your account and report any suspicious activity promptly.