Wondering how to change your DoorDash location due to some reason or another? Well, below is a comprehensive guide for you to follow if you want that to be done.
As you may already know, DoorDash is an impressive option in terms of ordering food online.
It is an American company that picks up orders from merchants and delivers them to the doorstep of the customer. The riders (the ones who pick up orders and deliver) are known as Dashers.
What is DoorDash?
Before learning how to change location on DoorDash, let’s learn a bit about DoorDash. If you are new to DoorDash, this information will be useful.
DoorDash is a food delivery service that delivers on-demand and is powered by gig workers. To put it more succinctly, it’s like Uber except for food (much like Uber Eats).
The DoorDash app was launched in 2013 and had its headquarters in San Francisco. And it enables users to place orders for meal delivery from a number of eateries that are located nearby.
People can also join up to become food deliverers, which are referred to as Dashers. On the other hand, restaurants can sign up to have their customers’ meals brought to them.
Also, you can read this article to find out what time does DoorDash open. We have answered many questions regarding DoorDash’s opening and closing times for you.
What Exactly is a Starting Point in DoorDash?
The Dashers are the point of departure for our discussion. Dashers on DoorDash are responsible for taking orders placed through the company’s mobile app. Then, they will deliver items to the customer’s location.
In this context, “beginning place” refers to the location from which they will proceed. Where exactly are they supposed to be serving the food? Assume that a dasher is located in Albany, for example.
In that case, he will only be able to accept orders from Albany-based clients and business owners. He is unable to fulfill orders placed by consumers who are located in different cities inside the US.
Besides, let’s discuss how to cash out on DoorDash with the Fast Pay or the Cash app here.
Okay, So how to Change Starting Point on DoorDash?
Well, you might be reading this article wanting to know how to change starting point on DoorDash. So, in this section, we explain what it is.
The starting point of your ride can be altered at any time. It is possible if you are located in a location outside of the city in which you normally reside.
But to do that, you should remain within the respective city. Within the application, changing the starting point manually is not required in any way.
- First, you should install the Dasher app on your mobile device.
- Now, you should log in to your app to proceed.
- On the home page, you should see an option to “Dash Now or Schedule a Dash.”
- Then, you should click on the option called “Dash Now.”
- Now, you will see a notification as a confirmation. It will ask whether you want to start taking orders.
- Click on the option called “Yes” to proceed.
- That’s how to change starting point on DoorDash. You will then be able to receive orders that are coming from the new area.
Please note that in some cases, you may not be able to see the “Dash Now” option. You cannot see it if there are no sufficient orders. Also, if there are enough dashers already working, you will not be able to see “Dash Now.”
Therefore, they do not require any dashers at this time to carry out the delivery of the orders. In this particular scenario, you can plan a dash.
In most cases, the “Dash Now” option will be accessible more frequently throughout lunch and dinner.
As a result, only the dashes that begin at the starting point need to be scheduled in advance. Assume that you currently stay at a completely different location and wish to start your Dash there.
In that case, you can use the Dasher app to modify your beginning point to the current location manually.
How to Change DoorDash Location?
Below is how to change the starting point if the “Dash Now” option is already enabled.
- First, you should download Dasher App. Then, get it installed to proceed.
- You should then log into the app providing your credentials.
- When you launch the app, you can notice all the available starting points.
- On the home page, you can see the “Dash Now” or “Schedule a Dash” option.
- That’s it. You can now click on the option called “Dash Now.”
- You will be able to see the confirmation message asking if you want to take orders.
- Hit “Yes.”
- You can start taking orders now.
How to Change Your Starting Point when the “Dash Now” option is Disabled?
If Dash Now is currently disabled and you wonder how to change starting point on DoorDash, here’s the guide.
- First, you should navigate many different starting points around you.
- Then, you should select the busiest option. It might appear in the form of red patches on your screen.
- Now, you should select a busier point to start and click on the option called “Dash Now.”
- After that, you will get orders on your device’s Dasher app.
And that’s how to change the DoorDash location when “Dash Now” doesn’t work.
Use Android to Change Starting Point
Here are the steps to follow if you wonder how to change starting point on DoorDash using an Android.
- First, you should go to the “DoorDash” app.
- Then, on your device’s homepage, you can notice an option to view the city’s map.
- Open it and choose a starting point of your preference.
- Click on the option called “Change.”
- Now, you will see the confirmation message. You can update the starting point using this location.
- That’s it. Just click “Yes,” so the starting point is changed now.
Changing Starting Point using iPhone
Mentioned below is how to change location on DoorDash using an iPhone. Let’s go ahead and follow these steps.
- First, you should open the “DoorDash” application on your iPhone.
- After that, you should open its homepage and see the option “Schedule a Dash.”
- Now, you should click on that option to proceed.
- Now, you can see a page with the option “change my dashing location.”
- Then, click on it and then enter the starting point.
- You will now see the confirmation message that asks whether you want to change the current location.
- Click “Yes” to change the location (starting point).
And that’s how to change location on DoorDash using your iPhone.
Reasons Why You Cannot Change Starting Points
There are several reasons why you won’t be able to change a starting point as a DoorDash user. So, let’s go ahead and learn those reasons.
- The city you are currently located in does not have any services related to DoorDash.
- Your current location does not have substantial orders to show up on your profile.
- You are outside the country, so you cannot use DoorDash.
- There are not enough orders.
- The current location does have enough dashers already.
- There is a technical glitch associated with your App. In that case, you should immediately contact their customer support team to get it fixed.
Also, you should contact the Customer support team if you cannot find any reason for DoorDash to malfunction.
Is It Possible to Change Your DoorDash Location?
Yes, you are able to modify the location of your DoorDash at any time and from any place. You can do it directly from your smartphone.
DoorDash allows you the freedom to dash from any location, provided that the service is offered there.
To start working as a dasher, all you need to do is sign up for the program. After being appointed as a dasher, you will have the ability to accept orders. Then, you can make money when you are out and about in the world.
Q1: Can I change my location after placing an order on DoorDash?
A1: No, once you’ve placed an order on DoorDash, you cannot change the delivery location. Ensure that you set the correct starting point before placing your order.
Q2: How often can I update my location on DoorDash?
A2: You can update your location on DoorDash as frequently as needed. However, keep in mind that the available restaurants and delivery options may vary based on your location.
Q3: Does DoorDash support international locations?
A3: DoorDash primarily operates in the United States, Canada, and Australia. However, availability may vary within these countries. International locations are not currently supported.
Q4: Will updating my location affect my account settings or payment information?
A4: No, changing your location on DoorDash does not impact your account settings or payment information. It solely determines the starting point for delivery services.
Q5: Can I set a future location or schedule deliveries in advance on DoorDash?
A5: Yes, DoorDash offers the option to schedule deliveries in advance. You can set a future location and time for your orders through the app or website.
So, that’s all about how to change starting point on DoorDash. As you can notice, you can change location without any issue.
However, there are some cases where you won’t be able to change the location. We discussed all of those matters in our article.
If you have other questions about DoorDash, please let us know. Our experts will attend to those questions at their earliest.