Did you ever want to know does McDonald’s accept Google Pay? If so, you can read this article and learn its truth.
A Brief Introduction to McDonald’s
When it comes to restaurants, McDonald’s is by far the most well-known. They sell well over $40 billion worth of products and services to their customers worldwide.
Restaurants in over 100 countries and six continents are part of their global network of operations. Scale and a very strong financial position allow them to reap the rewards of their success.
One of the world’s most well-known and respected brands belongs to them. Restaurant functionality, retail, marketing, and franchises are just a few areas in which they excel. In terms of corporate social responsibility, they are at the top of the heap.
They are devoted to preserving the environment by sharing their knowledge and skills in food safety.
Besides, if you are a fan of In-N-Out and wonder does In-N-Out take Apple Pay or not, this guide will show you how to use Apple Pay at In and Out Burger.
So, Does McDonald’s Take Google Pay?
You might be wondering does McDonald’s accept Google Pay. If so, there is good news for you; Mcdonald’s accepts Google Pay! Google Pay is accepted as a form of payment at McDonald’s.
Also, customers can use it to pay at the restaurant’s counter. In addition to that, they can pay using Google Pay in the drive-through lane. Moreover, you can use the same at their self-service (kiosk machine).
Apple Pay and debit/credit card payments are the only payment accepted by the McDonald’s smartphone app. However, as of this writing, Google Pay is not supported.
Moreover, it’s one of the many forms of payment that may be used within the retail establishment. Simply put, does McDonald’s take Google Pay? Yes, it does.
Also, if you wonder, “does Mcdonald’s take Apple Pay?” We intend to answer that question briefly and show you steps about how to do it in its app or stores.
Can You Use Google Pay to Purchase Through McDonald’s Mobile App?
A member of our team recently downloaded the mobile app of McDonald’s on one of the Android devices. It is done for testing to test out the app’s functionality.
And we wanted to check does McDonald’s take Google Pay on its mobile app. Sadly, we realized that it didn’t seem to accept Samsung Pay or Google Pay. However, McDonald’s mobile app is compatible with Apple Pay.
As we believe, this is a somewhat disappointing discovery. This is particularly true if you are a fan of Big Macs and like to pay with Google Pay.
In addition, you cannot even use PayPal for purchases done with McDonald’s app. For us, it is somewhat surprising; that PayPal is a widespread, globally renowned payment gateway.
So, we believe they will do the needful to accept Google Pay and PayPal soon.
You May Keep Checking for Updates Though!
We found that McDonald’s app doesn’t take Google Pay as of this writing. However, things can change in the future depending on the decisions McDonald’s may take.
So, it is better to keep checking in the future so you will be among the first to know.
Is It Really Possible to Pay at the Drive-thru of McDonald’s Using Google Pay?
You are able to use the option “Google Pay” in the drive-thru of McDonald’s, so don’t worry about that.
You only need to place your order and head to the counter. Afterward, show your smartphone (that has Google Pay) to the cashier. That will complete the payment process.
Using Google Pay for Purchases Made at Drive-Thru
Below are the steps you should follow to complete purchases using Google Pay and McDonald’s Drive-Thru.
Step 01. Open your device and enter the password to initiate the process.
Step 02. You should take that device to that contactless reader placed at the counter.
Step 03. You should wait for a couple of seconds to see a blue-color tick.
Step 04. If you see any instructions, you may follow them to complete the transaction, and that’s it. So, keep these instructions in mind if you wonder does McDonald’s take Google Pay at McDonald’s Drive-Through.
Configuring Google Pay
If you wonder how to configure Google Pay, below are the instructions.
- First, you should unlock your Android phone.
- Then, open “Google Pay.” If it is not installed, just go to the Play Store and download it.
- When you open the app, you can see a “Payment Method” option. Tap on it.
- Then, you can add any credit/debit card to the account as you wish.
- You will see instructions; just follow them to complete the process of adding a card.
- That’s it. You can now present your Android device to the outlet’s point of sale (cashier).
What Are the Other Methods of Payment Accepted by McDonald’s?
Now that you know does McDonald’s take Google Pay, here’s some more information about accepted payment methods? They accept the following methods of payment. You can use these methods if you don’t have Google Pay.
- Pay using cash (at the drive-thru or for in-store purchases)
- Pay using debit cards (at the drive-thru, instore or even with their mobile app)
- Pay using credit cards (at the drive-thru, instore or even with their mobile app)
- Pay using Samsung Pay (at the drive-thru or for in-store purchases)
- Pay using Apple Pay (at the drive-thru, instore or even with their mobile app)
What Are the Benefits of Using Google Pay?
There are several benefits associated with Google Pay over traditional payment methods.
- It is a fast method of payment
- Highly secured method of payment
- It doesn’t incur any additional charges
- Convenient usage
- Free of charge
There are some drawbacks related to Google Pay, as mentioned below.
- If your device is switched off (low battery), you cannot use this payment method.
- McDonald’s mobile app doesn’t accept it.
- There can be some security issues.
- Some credit cards may not support Google Pay.
- Q: Can I use Google Pay at any McDonald’s location? A: While McDonald’s has adopted Google Pay at many of its locations, it is always recommended to check with your local restaurant before visiting.
- Q: Are there any additional fees for using Google Pay at McDonald’s? A: No, there are no additional fees for using Google Pay. It is a free and convenient payment method.
- Q: Can I earn loyalty rewards when using Google Pay at McDonald’s? A: Yes, McDonald’s often provides exclusive rewards and offers to Google Pay users, allowing them to earn loyalty points and enjoy additional benefits.
- Q: What if I encounter issues while using Google Pay at McDonald’s? A: If you face any difficulties or have questions about using Google Pay at McDonald’s, you can reach out to their customer support or refer to the Google Pay help center.
- Q: Is Google Pay secure for making payments at McDonald’s? A: Yes, Google Pay employs robust security measures to protect your payment information, and McDonald’s follows strict protocols to ensure the security and privacy of customer transactions.
In conclusion, McDonald’s has embraced the convenience of digital payments by accepting Google Pay as a payment method. Customers can now enjoy the benefits of quick and contactless transactions when ordering their favorite meals. By incorporating Google Pay, McDonald’s aims to enhance the overall dining experience and cater to the evolving preferences of its tech-savvy customers.