When you see the message “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable“, you can feel some frustration.
However, you are not alone in this case, as many other users are experiencing the same. So, we composed this article explaining the causes and solutions for the same issue.
If you experience the “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” error on your device, there’re several reasons for it. Listed below, however, are the main reasons.
Besides, people always ask, ‘can you use Apple Pay on Amazon to buy some stuff’ or ‘does Amazon accept Apple Pay’, you will find the correct answers here.
● Restrictions of Network
One of the most common reasons for Apple services to stop working. No matter whether you use cellular or other network connection, these restrictions might come into play.
● Wrong Regional Settings
Have you configured your device in a wrongful way, and the regional settings are not appropriate? (ex: this song is not currently available in your country or region) If so, that can be a reason for Apple Pay to stop working.
● You Are Using an Adblocker or a VPN
Well, many users use Adblockers or VPNs on their devices due to various reasons. If you use one of those, it can be a reason for the Apple Pay service to stop working.
● Mismatching Information
Apple Services use the information about your iPhone and Apple ID to function properly. If there’s a mismatch in that information, that can eventually lead to malfunctions.
Also, if you wonder, does TJ Maxx take Apple Pay? Or how to make an online payment at TJ Maxx using Apple Pay? This guide will show you everything.
Solutions to Fix It With Ease
Now that you know some of the reasons for Apple Pay services to stop working. Let’s learn the solutions.
In addition, if you wonder, does CVS take Apple Pay and how to use Apple Pay at CVS, what are the benefits? Then this guide will show you everything about them.
Solution 01: Restart the Device
Well, your device can experience an “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” error due to a small glitch. If that’s the case, the solution is to perform a restart.
- First, press the power button and hold it.
- After that, slide the power slider so the device will be switched off.
- Wait for a while and press your device’s power button once again to switch it on.
- That’s it.
Solution 02: Use a Different Network
The issue could’ve been caused by network constraints. Try a different network.
- Disconnect your device from the existing network.
- Connect your device to a different network.
- Check if it works.
Or, do you want to know how to use Venmo balance to pay? This article explains the practical way of getting it done so you can give it a try.
Solution 03: Change Your Device’s Regional Settings
You should note that Apple Pay services may not be available in some countries and regions. So, you should check it out and change that setting.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” app. Then, go to “General“.
- Now, you should select “Language and Region“. Tap “Region“.
- After that, select the region you wish to use and hit “Done” to proceed.
- Now, see if you still experience the “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” error.
- If that doesn’t necessarily work, you should check if your region accepts Apple Pay.
PS: If you are worried about how to get money back from Apple Pay if scammed, here we have provided many helpful tips to deal with this situation for you.
Solution 04: Enable Your Device’s Cellular Data for Its Apple Wallet
A problem with Apple Pay Services may arise when the cellular data of your iPhone is not properly configured. Enabling cellular data to work with Apple Wallet on an iPhone can solve this issue.
- Launch your iPhone’s settings and then go to the option called “Cellular” to proceed.
- Then, enable your device’s Apple Wallet. To do that, you can switch the toggle button on. Then, relaunch your device’s Apple Pay and see if it works.
Solution 05: Disable Your Device’s VPN
If you use a VPN on your device, that can prevent some services from working correctly. Apple Pay is one of those services that work based on real, physical location.
So, it is better to check if a VPN is installed. If yes, you should disable it.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” and then select “General“.
- Launch VPN and turn “Status” to “Off“.
- Then, check if the respective service is working as expected.
Solution 06: Disable Any Ad Blockers Installed on Your Device
If there are any ad blockers installed in your system, you may experience some errors. To overcome that error, you are supposed to disable (or even uninstall) those ad blockers.
- Go to Settings and choose “Safari” (your web browser).
- Then, select “Content Blockers“. Go to the option “Disable All“.
- After that, you should see if the service is working without any trouble.
By the way, if you wonder, ‘Can you use Apple Pay at ATM and withdraw money’, here, you will find out how to do it and in which ATMs you can or can not use Apple Pay.
Solution 07: Refresh PRL
PRL or Preferred Roaming List is basically a database stored in your wireless device such as a phone. This is required to maintain a solid data network with the device. That said, if the PRL of your iPhone is already corrupted, you will experience some errors.
So, in this case, you should do nothing other than reset the device’s connection to its cell towers. You can do that by refreshing the PRL.
- First, you should open your iPhone’s dialer. Then, dial the code ##873283#
- Then, hit its call button so the process will begin.
- Once the connection is reset, just check if the Apple Pay service is working correctly.
Solution 08: Factory Reset Your iOS Device
You may face a problem with Apply Pay service if your iPhone’s settings are misconfigured. It is possible to fix this problem by restoring the iPhone to its factory settings.
If you need to re-enter any settings (such as lock screen codes and passwords), you should note it down.
Important: Do you suspect that the issue is related to your laptop or the PC? If so, you can fix it using a tool called “Restoro Repair”. It’s a powerful tool that can scan and fix all corrupt files. For many users, this tool has done wonders.
Factory Resetting Your iPhone
- First, you should open the settings of your iPhone. Then, go to “General” to proceed.
- Now, you should launch “Reset” and then hit “Reset All Settings“.
- Then, you should confirm the action. You can see if the issue is fixed.
By the way, if you wonder, does Burlington take Apple Pay? Will you be eligible for any rewards if you use Apple Pay? Let’s find out those answers and more about it.
Solution 09: Disable Your Apple Pay Cash and Enable It Again
Perhaps, your Apple Pay services are currently unavailable because of a minor, temporary gift. If that’s the case, just disable your Apple Pay Cash and enable it again.
- First, you should open “iPhone Settings” and go to “Wallet & Apple Pay“.
- Then, disable “Apple Pay Cash“. You should do the same thing on other devices that are linked to Apple Pay.
- Then, you should ensure that Region settings and Language are configured correctly to proceed.
- Then, restart your iOS device. When it is restarting, enable your Apple Pay Cash. Then, you should check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 10: Edit the Information in Your Apple ID
If you still notice Apple Pay services are currently unavailable, try to edit the information in your Apple ID.
- Open a web browser and go to Apple’s official website. Then, go to your Apple ID page.
- See if your Personal Information and Payment methods are the same.
- Open the tab labeled “Name“. Remove “Middle Name” content.
- Go to Payment Methods and select “Manage Payment Method“.
- Check if the profile data information matches your Apple ID. Also, delete the zip data field’s information.
- Save all those changes and pick your iPhone up. Make sure that you keep logged in on the PC.
- Go to the “Settings” of your iPhone. Tap on the name.
- Ensure that the name and your phone number are similar.
- See if the issue is gone.
Solution 11: Add Cards to Your Apple Pay Again
Assume that you’re having trouble connecting a card to Apple Pay. In that case, a server error (such as the erroneous expiry date) could be to blame.
Re-adding your card after a 24-hour period (Apple erases cached data after that period) may fix the issue. Not adding an Apple Card to iPhone Wallet also can lead Apple Pay to fail. In that case, adding your card may fix the problem.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Wallet and Apple Pay“.
- Select the card that’s in question. Then, tap the option called “Remove this card“.
- Confirm your action to remove the account. Then, restart the device.
- When the device is restarted, avoid adding a card at least for 24 more hours.
- Go to Wallet and Apple Pay on your iPhone and select “Add Credit/Debit Card“.
- If you see the previous card, just avoid it. Instead, tap on “Add a Different Card“.
- Then, select the option called “Manually Enter“. Then, enter the information. Delete wrongful entries, if any.
- Check if your Apple Pay is working correctly.
Solution 12: Log into Your iCloud Again
If there’s a temporary glitch in the iCloud account, that can lead to various issues. So, try to log out and log in once again if your Apple Pay services are currently unavailable.
Important: Some users have experienced issues signing in after signing in. So, keep that risk in your mind before trying this fix.
- Go to your device’s “Settings” and choose “iCloud“.
- Go to the “Sign Out” option and confirm the sign-out option.
- Tap “Delete from my Phone“. Then, tap on “Turn off or Delete from my iPhone“.
- Wait for about 2 minutes.
- Then, switch your iPhone on and log in to your iCloud account to proceed.
- Then, see if the issue is cleared.
If the issue is still persisting, you should disable 2FA. Perhaps, it may solve the error.
Solution 13: Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
If you still notice the same error, you may have to reset your iPhone to its factory defaults. Although it is not the preferred option for many users, a factory reset may solve many errors. If you are OK with that, just follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should create a backup of all the important data on your iPhone.
- Open iPhone settings. Then, select the option called “General“.
- Go to “Reset” and tap the option called “Reset All Content & Settings“.
- Go to “Erase iPhone“. Then, you should wait so the phone will be reverted to the default settings.
- You should set up the device from scratch. The issue might be solved by now.
- Or, you can even restore the device to a previous backup or an older iOS version.
If you are yet to succeed, you should contact the bank that issued your card. In some cases, they may have some issues with the card in terms of authenticating.
Also, if none of the above options are working, you can use a tool like Restoro Repair. It can fund and replace corrupt or missing files.
Here, let’s discover comprehensive solutions to the ‘Last Line No Longer Available on iPhone‘ error. Uncover the causes, effective fixes, and maintain optimal performance.
So, that’s what you should do if Apple Pay services are currently unavailable on your device.
If you experience any others related to Apple Pay, you may let us know. We will explain the solutions to address such situations.