Is it possible to cast Apple music from iPhone to Chromecast? If so, what are the steps to follow, and what tools should you have? Well, the process is simpler than you think, and we will explain it in this guide.
The good news is that this article explains how to use this technology on both Android and iOS devices. Whether you have an iPad, iPhone, or Android phone, the following methods are applicable.
Also, there are some situations where Chromecast doesn’t necessarily work. But don’t fret because we explain an alternative method to use as a substitute for Chromecast.
Important: Please note that your Chromecast Speaker or the Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, the methods mentioned in this article will not work. So, go ahead and connect them to the same network before proceeding.
How to Play Apple Music on My Chromecast Using My Android Phone?
Android’s Apple Music has built-in compatibility with Google’s Chromecast technology. Thanks to that technology, it will be much easier to stream music to a Chromecast-enabled device.
- Listen to a song on the aforesaid Apple Music on an Android device.
- Tap the “Cast” icon in the upper-right corner to cast a video.
- You’ll see a square icon with a Wi-Fi signal in the lower-left corner.
- Tap on your TV’s name to get to the settings menu.
- You should see the Cast icon glow red to signify that your TV is connected. Within a few seconds, the respective song will start to play on your television.
- Tap the Cast icon to discontinue Chromecasting on your TV.
- After that, tap on the option called “Stop Casting.”
PS: let’s figure out how to Chromecast Safari from Mac or iPhone.
Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone – How to Do It?
As we know, Chromecast isn’t supported by iOS’s Apple Music app. So, there’s no way to stream music from the official app to a Smart TV using a Chromecast device.
To get past this restriction, many consumers utilized various third-party programs. These programs allowed them to project their iPad or iPhone screen onto their smart TV. There was an important iOS security upgrade lately.
As per that update, audio through Apple Music won’t play while the respective device is mirrored using this method.
What Can You Do to Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone?
In this case, you’ll need to utilize a specific app that streams music saved on your device. Assume that you don’t have an Apple Music subscription.
If that’s the case, you won’t be able to use it to stream or broadcast live audio. However, you will still have access to the music you’ve downloaded for offline listening.
Various paid and free iOS apps in the App Store claim to deliver Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone. With that said, the truth is that most of them are not in operation anymore.
On the other hand, those that work demand an expensive membership plan to unlock their capabilities. In other words, it is useless unless you purchase the premium version of those apps.
CastForHome is among the best apps we’ve tried when streaming music to a TV. Because of this very reason, we use it in this example as well.
Not only does CastForHome not require a subscription, but it is downloadable for free. Because of that, you can use it for Apple Music Chromecast from your iPhone with no hassle at all.
During our experiment, our team could use CastForHome for several hours without any complications.
However, you should remember that there is a maximum limit (daily) on free Chromecast streaming. But those restrictions and in-app adverts can be removed with a one-time $19.99 payment.
Mentioned Below is the Process for using CastForHome
- All the songs you wish to listen to on your smart TV should be downloaded. You are supposed to use the Apple Music app.
- Tap OK in CastForHome.
- You will be given the option to proceed with a payment right away. You’ll see an x icon appearing at the top of the screen after a few seconds; tap it.
- While using this app, you may see advertisements. Observe for a few seconds before tapping the Close button.
- Tap the device that is connected to the network.
- Tap on your TV’s name to get to the settings menu.
- Then, please tap the Sound.
- To allow the app to access your music library, tap the “OK” button.
- The song begins to play when you tap it. When you use Chromecast, the song should start playing on your TV.
- Turn down the volume on your iPhone if you hear sound from your TV and iPhone speakers.
- Tap the “Cast” icon in the upper-right corner to stop streaming Apple Music.
- Stop casting by using the button called “Stop Casting.”
Apple Music Chromecast on Desktops (Windows /macOS/ Chrome OS)
Watching Apple Music on a TV through Chromecast on computers or tablets is possible.
That means the devices run on Windows, Chrome OS, or macOS. To do that, you will have to use the assistance of the Google Chrome web browser for free.
- Log in to your Apple Music account using Google Chrome’s built-in web browser.
- Open the browser’s menu by clicking the ellipse-like icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select the option called “Cast” to proceed.
- Select the device that already has Chromecast enabled.
- Finally, the Chrome windows with Apple Music will be mirrored to your television set.
- If the audio drops out, you may establish a fresh Chromecast on your TV.
- Repeat the abovementioned steps and select the “Stop casting” option to stop Chromecast mirroring.
Looking for the perfect music streaming service? Tidal vs. Apple Music, who wins?
Is It Possible to Cast Apple Music Without Chromecast?
It’s possible to stream music from Apple Music without using Chromecast. That is if you don’t want or can’t get Chromecast to operate with the service.
- Wired connections are preferred. With the assistance of HDMI or any other appropriate cable, you may mirror any Android or iOS device. If not, you can do the same on the computer to your TV unit.
- Miracast is a good option. On Windows PCs, smart TVs, and even an Xbox console, you can use Miracast to stream content wirelessly.
- Apple AirPlay can be used to project Apple Music. You may stream Apple Music easily if you have a TV that supports AirPlay. You can do it from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your TV via AirPlay.
- Web browsers for TV and consoles. The official website of Apple Music may be accessed through a web browser on many smart TV units. Also, the same can be used for video gaming consoles.
Also, if you wonder how to cast a phone to a Chromebook, you should check out this guide.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone. This will give you a better idea of the concept.
1. Can I cast Apple Music to a non-Chromecast device?
Yes, Apple Music can be cast to any device that supports AirPlay. This includes Apple TV and certain smart TVs. However, the process may vary depending on the device.
2. How can I improve the sound quality when casting?
Sound quality can be improved by ensuring a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection. Also, consider investing in high-quality speakers connected to your TV for the best audio experience.
3. Is it possible to cast music to multiple Chromecasts simultaneously?
While it’s not directly possible from the Apple Music app, you can use third-party apps like AllCast to stream music to multiple Chromecast devices at the same time.
4. What other music apps can I cast from my iPhone to Chromecast?
You can cast from a variety of music apps such as Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music, and YouTube Music to Chromecast from an iPhone.
5. Can I still use my iPhone while casting music?
Absolutely! Casting music won’t prevent you from using other apps or services on your iPhone. You can text, browse, or even play games while your music is casting.
As you can realize, there is no official way to perform Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone. However, with a couple of tweaks, it is always possible to get it done.
The steps you should take are mentioned in our article in the simplest possible ways. So, enjoy your music, and please share your thoughts with us.