Code 0x8007139f is considered to be one of the modern-day errors that occur with the Windows 10 system. This specific error tends to appear when you update the OS.
So, if you have experienced a 0x8007139f error and want to fix it immediately, keep reading.
In fact, a Windows Update is an essential process that brings patches to potential bugs and security threats. Also, it can make your system run smoother and more secure.
Updates generally cater to a large range of features. However, in some cases, you are likely to experience some errors during the update. If you are experiencing the same issue, you can find the most practical solutions in this article.
There are many reasons for code 0x8007139f to appear. One of the main reasons is the third-party antivirus program.
So, the best approach is to use the default antivirus program instead of the third-party one.
Solutions to Fix Code 0x8007139f
Please find below the most practical solutions you can rely on if you experience 0x8007139f. In fact, some of these solutions are very simple, while others are slightly difficult.
However, we offer step-by-step instructions to make everything easier. So, go ahead and choose the most appropriate solution to fix this error and get your computer working.
01. Get Rid of Any Third-party Antivirus Program
If you have a third-party antivirus program, it is best to uninstall it as the first solution. This is because third-party antivirus programs can interfere with the smooth operation of your OS.
In fact, antivirus programs can prevent some essential features from running. That will eventually stop your PC from performing updates.
So, if you already have a third-party antivirus tool installed, uninstall it as the first fix. Then, you can expect your default antivirus to take over the job.
Mentioned Below is How to Perform This Fix and Fix the 0x8007139f error.
- First, you should navigate to Cortana and enter the text “Control Panel” to proceed.
- Then, you should click on the most appropriate result and launch Control Panel.
- After that, you should click on the option “View By,” located in the next window. You should then choose the option called “Category,” and then you should pick “Uninstall a Program.”
- Now, in this option, you should choose the antivirus program already installed.
- Now, you should hit the button labeled “Uninstall” to proceed.
- You can proceed with the instructions that are displayed on the screen to finish the uninstallation process.
- To get rid of the potential leftover files, you should reboot the system. That will complete the process.
That’s it. As of now, the 0x8007139f error should be gone. If not, don’t panic. All you need is to proceed with the remaining methods.
02. Use the Troubleshooter for Windows Update
It is always possible to run the troubleshooter for Windows Update and fix this issue. Well, this specific utility is provided to fix some of the common issues triggered in your OS.
Below is what you can do to fix this issue with a troubleshooter.
- First, you should bring up the “Settings” by pressing the “Windows” and “I” keys at the same time.
- Tap on “Update & Security.” After that, you should hit the option called “Troubleshoot.”
- You can now click on the option called “Additional Troubleshooter.”
- You should click on the option called “Windows Update.” After that, you can choose “Run the troubleshooter.”
- Now, this specific wizard will start to detect the potential issues in the system. Then, it will also repair those errors automatically.
- Once the task is completed, you will see that the problem is resolved. However, if the issue is not resolved, you can try the other solutions mentioned below.
Besides, if you are experiencing the error 0x80070070 when you update Windows 10, here are the top solutions.
03. Run SFC/scannow to Fix Error Code 0x8007139f
System File Checker is another built-in option that allows you to scan and identify potentially corrupted files. After that, the same utility can fix those files.
So, you can consider this to fix the code 0x8007139f error.
Mentioned Below is How to Get It Done.
- First, please perform right-click on the “Start” button. Then, you are supposed to choose “Run” from the menu that appears.
- Then, you should enter the text “CMD” in the text box. After that, you should hit the “CTRL,” “Shift,” and “Enter“ keys at the same time. That will launch a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- When prompted, tap on “Yes.”
- Then, enter the code “SFC/scannow” and press the “Enter” key.
- Well, this process will take some time. Therefore, it is necessary to wait for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the process is completed, restart the PC. After that, code 0x8007139f should be gone.
04. Perform a DISM
If you cannot fix code 0x8007139f using the above method, you can run DISM and see what happens. So, mentioned below is how you can perform this fix.
- First, you should hit the “Search” button. After that, you should enter the text “Command Prompt.” You can then perform right-click on the icon. After that, you can choose Command Prompt. Then, you can perform right-click and choose the application called “Run as Administrator.”
- Now, you should select “Yes” so the process will be continued.
- Once the command prompt is opened, enter the following line of codes to proceed.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The scan will begin and wait until it is completed.
- After that, you should perform a “Restart.”
Check if the 0x8007139f error is gone.
05. Try to Use Your Computer through a New Account
There are some cases in which you can avoid the code 0x8007139f error by using a new user account. Let’s proceed with that step as well.
- First, you should bring the “Settings” option up by pressing both the “Win” and “X” keys at once.
- When you see the popup menu, you should go to the option called “Accounts” as well. Under that, you can choose the option “Family & Other People.”
- Choose “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Now, you should select “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.”
- Then, “Add User without a Microsoft account.”
- Now, provide a name and hit “Next.”
- Now, you can create a new account. Then, sign out the previous user ID. After that, log in with the credentials of the newly created account.
Well, that should fix the code 0x8007139f. If that doesn’t work for you, you are supposed to choose the fix mentioned below.
06. Perform a Reset on Windows Update Components
In some cases, 0x8007139f can appear due to some failure to update Windows components. In this case, please follow below simple steps.
- Launch CMD as an administrator.
- Press “Yes” when prompted.
- Enter the following codes.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
Reboot the PC and see if the error is fixed.
07. Get the Updates Installed Manually
If you fail, you can get the updates installed manually on your system.
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog using any web browser.
- Then, find the name of the most recent KB. It should be typed in the “Search” field.
- Now, you will see an option to download the updates.
- Once you download the update, you can perform double-click on it to proceed. That will install the update.
- Just follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
However, this may not fix the 0x8007139f error permanently. You might notice this error once again.
08. Restore the System
System restoration is another good option to fix code 0x8007139f. In this case, you will restore your OS to a perfectly working state.
- Press both the “Windows” and “S” keys, and you can open Cortana. Then, enter the option called “System Restore.” Then, choose the option called “Create a restore point.”
- Go to “System Protection” and choose “System Restore.” Hit “Next.”
Do you have other restore points you have created? If so, you can check the option called “Show more restore points.” You can follow the screens displayed on the screen. Download the update to complete the process.
09. Go for an Upgrade
You will have to go for an upgrade if nothing has worked so far. With this option, you can reinstall Windows and update the OS to the latest available version.
- Go to Microsoft’s official website & download the Media Creation Tool.
- Choose Update Now and hit Next.
- Select Download and Install Updates. Hit Next.
- Click on the option called Change what to keep.
- Choose the option called Keep personal files and apps. Then, go to Next.
- Please complete all the processes by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
FAQs about Error Code 0x8007139f
Here are some frequently asked questions about Error Code 0x8007139f on Windows:
Q: What should I do if the Error Code 0x8007139f persists after trying all the solutions?
A: If the error persists even after attempting all the solutions mentioned above, you may consider seeking assistance from Microsoft Support or consulting aWindows technical expert. They can provide personalized guidance and advanced troubleshooting techniques to help resolve the error.
Q: Can third-party software cause Error Code 0x8007139f?
A: Yes, certain third-party software or applications can conflict with Windows system files or settings, leading to the occurrence of Error Code 0x8007139f. If you recently installed any new software before encountering the error, try uninstalling it to see if the problem resolves.
Q: Is it necessary to update all drivers on my system?
A: While it’s essential to keep your drivers up to date, you may prioritize updating drivers that are directly related to the hardware or programs affected by Error Code 0x8007139f. Start with critical drivers such as graphics, network, and storage drivers.
Q: Can I permanently disable Windows Firewall to avoid Error Code 0x8007139f?
A: Disabling the Windows Firewall should only be done temporarily to diagnose the issue. It’s not recommended to leave your system without a firewall for an extended period, as it exposes your computer to potential security risks. Ensure you re-enable the Firewall once you have resolved the error.
Q: How frequently should I perform a full system scan for malware?
A: It’s generally recommended to perform a full system scan for malware at least once a week. However, the frequency may vary depending on your computer usage and the sensitivity of the data stored on your system. If you frequently download files from the internet or visit potentially unsafe websites, consider scanning more often.
Q: Are there any preventive measures to avoid Error Code 0x8007139f?
A: Yes, there are several preventive measures you can take to avoid encountering Error Code 0x8007139f. These include regularly updating your Windows system and drivers, using reputable antivirus software, practicing safe browsing habits, and being cautious when installing new software or applications.
Q: Can I recover files lost due to Error Code 0x8007139f?
A: In some cases, files may become inaccessible or lost due to Error Code 0x8007139f. To recover these files, you can use data recovery software or consult a professional data recovery service. However, it’s important to note that successful file recovery depends on various factors, such as the severity of the error and the actions taken after encountering it.
Error Code 0x8007139f on Windows can be frustrating, but with the right knowledge and troubleshooting steps, you can overcome it. In this guide, we discussed the common causes of this error and provided step-by-step solutions to fix it.
Remember to run the System File Checker, update Windows and drivers, check and repair disk errors, and perform a full system scan for malware. If the error persists, don’t hesitate to seek expert assistance. By following these guidelines, you can resolve Error Code 0x8007139f and restore your Windows system to its optimal functionality.