YouTube is one of the biggest online platforms when it comes to videos. It is very popular all across the globe among people.
But what should you do if you encounter the issue of YouTube not working on Android devices?
This could be a problem for people who use this video platform daily. In some cases, the application might run; however, the videos would not play, or even worse, the application itself would not start.
So, if you want to know the primary reasons why this issue occurs, keep reading. Here, we will discuss some of the main reasons why YouTube is not working on Android devices.
Also, we will talk about some effective methods to resolve this annoying error.
Part 1: Why is YouTube Not Working on Android Devices?
Before you like to know the solutions, you should know why YouTube is not working on Android phones in the first place. So, let’s know about these issues.
- The most common issue is the instability of the internet connection on your Android phone. It could be a poor Wi-Fi connection or the mobile data not working properly.
- If your device has a low storage space, it will not enable an application to function correctly.
- When you do not clear the cache for longer periods, you may encounter the issue of YouTube not working on Android phones.
- If the installation of your YouTube application is incomplete, it could be another reason for its improper functioning.
- Lastly, several issues related to the system can even cause this issue.
PS: here, you will find out how to fix YouTube not working on iPhone.
Part 2: 3 Advanced Methods to Resolve the YouTube Not Working on Android Error
Sometimes, the YouTube application is down, which might be the reason why this application does not work on your Android device.
However, if everything is running smoothly, but you cannot play videos on YouTube, you have to take the help of advanced tools and methods to resolve the issue ‘YouTube not working on Android.’
Using these methods, you can check the problem and then resolve any system-related issue on your phone hassle-free.
Method 1: Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android)
Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) is the safest and best tool, which many people use for resolving all system-related issues on Android tablets and phones.
This application comes with a massive range of exclusive features. Here are some of the unique characteristics of this incredible tool.
Special Features of Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android):
- The application does not need technical knowledge of any kind of repairing Android issues.
- Its latest technology offers users 100% success when it comes to solving all problems related to the Android system with quite ease.
- Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) works on the fastest fixing rate, where users can repair system issues within a few minutes.
- Most popular media sites highly recommend and trust this repair tool.
Steps to Fix the Error Using Dr.Fone:
To resolve this frustrating problem of YouTube not working on Android, you must go through some simple instructions below!
Step 1: Launch the Tool
Start with visiting the website on your PC and downloading the Dr.Fone toolkit. Install and launch the tool. Choose “System Repair” on the main screen.
Step 2: Connect Device
With the help of the USB cable, connect your device to the computer. Click “Android Repair” from the left panel, then click “Start.”
Step 3: Enter Information
Now, as the next step, you need to make sure of the details of your device. Please enter the name and brand of the phone. The country, region, and career are also to be added. Hit on “Next” once done.
Step 4: Download Firmware
Click “Next,” and the program will start downloading the firmware.
Step 5: Repair the Issue
After the firmware is downloaded, the system will start getting repaired. You need to wait until you are informed about the completion of the process.
Method 2. Fix ‘YouTube Not Working on Android’ via ReiBoot Easily
Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android is another professional tool to fix your ‘YouTube not working on Android’ issue. It can fix more than 50+ Android system issues on 600+ Android smartphones and tablets.
Please download the free trial version and follow up on the guide to have a try.
Step 1. Launch ReiBoot and connect your smartphone to the computer.
Step 2. Click ‘Repair Android System’ -> ‘Repair Now’ to start the repair.
Step 3. Input your detailed phone information, and ReiBoot will download the patched firmware.
Step 4. After that, click on ‘Repair Now.’ ReiBoot will fix the issue of ‘YouTube not working on Android’ for you now.
Method 3: Update the OS of Your Android Device
To resolve the issue of ‘YouTube not working on Android,’ you can even update the operating system of Android devices. To perform this action, follow the following steps.
Steps to Update Android OS:
To fix this annoying problem, take into consideration the following instructions:
#1: Tap on ‘System Update’
Firstly, open the Settings on your device and then choose the tab ‘About Phone.’ From there, you have to select ‘System Update.’
#2: Click on ‘Update’
Next, the Android device will start looking for new updates. If it found one, click on ‘Update.’
Method 4: Restart the Android Phone
In most cases, all issues get resolved if you restart your Android device. It could even work for you if you come across the issue of YouTube not working on Android. So, keep on reading further below!
Steps to Restart Android Phone:
#1: Hold the Tab ‘Power’
Firstly, users need to press and then hold the tab ‘Power’ on their Android phones.
#2: Choose the option ‘Restart’
Next, they have to choose ‘Restart,’ and their device will start again in seconds. Now, check if the problem persists or not.
By the way, click here to fix the YouTube Picture-in-Picture not working issue effortlessly.
Part 3: 5 Basic Methods to Fix the Issue ‘YouTube Not Working on Android.’
The methods we have listed above are advanced ways of solving the problem. Here, we provide some basic methods for fixing the error ‘YouTube not working on Android.’
However, the success rate is pretty low compared to the advanced methods. Still, you can give them a try!
Method 1: Examine the Internet Connection
The primary reason for this frustrating problem could be an unstable connection. Therefore, you first need to check the connection before you use the YouTube application.
Steps to Check Internet Connection on Android:
#1: Initially, visit Settings on your Android phone and select the ‘Wi-Fi‘ tab.
#2: Switch on Wi-Fi. After that, you have to choose the Wi-Fi network. Or, for mobile data, select the option ‘SIM cards & mobile networks.’ Next, switch on the mobile data.
Method 2: Restart the YouTube Application
Initially, you must exit YouTube and restart it to make it work. For this, follow the steps given below.
Steps to Restart Youtube App:
#1: Close the application of YouTube and then completely close it from the viewer.
#2: Next, open the application and examine if it works now.
Method 3: Update the Application
On your Android device, all applications must be updated to the latest version. Thus, they should be free from any kind of bug.
Steps to Update YouTube App:
#1: Visit Play Store and choose the tab ‘My Apps & Games.’
#2: Next, locate and select ‘YouTube.’ After that, tap on the tab ‘Update.’
Method 4: Switch on ‘Automatic Date & Time’
It could be rare, but the wrong time and date could be the reason for the ‘YouTube not working on Android’ problem. So, switch on ‘Automatic Date & Time’ from the phone settings.
Steps to Resolve This Annoying Issue:
#1: Visit Settings on your phone and click on the tab ‘Date & Time.’
#2: Drag the date slider to switch on ‘Automatic Date & Time.’
Method 5: Clear the Cache and Data
To clear the cache and data of the YouTube application, follow the steps as follows:
Steps to Clear Cache and Data:
#1: Visit Settings and select ‘Installed Apps.’
#2: Search the application of YouTube and choose it.
#3: Click on ‘Storage,’ and after that, select ‘Clear Cache.’
By the way, in this article, let’s explore our comprehensive guide on how to disable YouTube Shorts, helping you enjoy a seamless, Shorts-free YouTube viewing experience.
- Why is YouTube not working on my Android device? There could be various reasons for YouTube not working on Android, including a lack of internet connectivity, outdated app version, cache and data issues, or other device-specific settings.
- How do I update the YouTube app on my Android device? To update the YouTube app, open the Google Play Store, search for “YouTube,” and tap the “Update” button if available.
- Will clearing cache and data delete my YouTube subscriptions and saved videos? Clearing cache and data will not delete your YouTube subscriptions or saved videos. However, it will remove temporary files and reset app settings.
- Can using a VPN improve YouTube performance on Android? Using a VPN can help bypass region restrictions and access content not available in your region. However, it may not directly improve YouTube performance if the issue lies with your internet connection or device settings.
- What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work? If none of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article work, you can try contacting YouTube support or seeking assistance from an Android technical forum for further guidance.
Hopefully, you will no longer be struggling with the ‘YouTube not working on Android’ problem. All of these solutions are easy to follow. Using these basic and advanced methods, anyone can resolve this issue without technical knowledge.
However, it is recommended to go with Tenorshare ReiBoot (Android) for repairing all system-related issues effectively. Download the application now!