“Why is my TikTok not working” is not a rare question today, as many users have the same question.
This article is the answer if you are one of those users looking for a solution.
We have composed this article by including the most practical fixes and other important information.
Why is My TikTok Not Working?
There can be many different reasons for the TikTok app to prevent from working.
Before everything else, let’s look at those reasons and then learn what those solutions are.
● TikTok App Has Some Issues
It’s possible that TikTok won’t operate due to a problem with the app itself.
If it’s because of cache and junk data in the app, videos and other content from TikTok aren’t loading, please follow below three steps to fix TikTok not working issue:
- Clear the app’s cache and data.
- It’s time for a fresh start.
- To begin, open the app.
Besides, let’s figure out how to edit the TikTok caption after posting.
● Issues Related to the Internet
If you wonder why my TikTok is not working, your internet connection can be the culprit.
In other words, TikTok may not operate if you are experiencing Internet or network troubles.
Errors of this nature might arise as a result of an extended internet connection.
The same error can happen if the signal is too faint.
We can fix this problem by following the methods outlined below:
- First, please check if your phone has a solid and strong internet connection. Even if you have an internet connection, TikTok may not load when the connection is too weak.
- If the device already has an internet connection, just reload the app and see what happens.
- You should check if your internet connection has exceeded the allocated data limit.
● Issues Related to the Device
Many users who wonder why my TikTok is not working have some errors related to their devices.
If that is the case, you should follow the steps below and fix it:
- Go to applications and choose TikTok.
- Go to App Permissions.
- After that, you should allow both mobile data and Wi-Fi.
- That’s it. Restart the device and see if your TikTok app works properly.
What Can You Do if TikTok Videos Are Not Playing?
There are many reasons for TikTok videos not to play as expected.
If you experience such an issue with TikTok, you can try the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Clear TikTok Cache
Watching too many videos is the major source of this condition.
As a result, additional caches are created in TikTok and kept in the phone’s memory.
Consequently, this causes TikTok videos to stutter and freeze, as well as crashing and hanging issues.
You’ll need to erase the TikTok app’s caches and data to fix this issue. The following are the stages that lead to this solution:
- First, you should open the TikTok app.
- Then, you should open your profile.
- Click on the three-dotted icon.
- After that, you should hit the option called clear cache.
That can be the solution to fix it.
Solution 2: Update the App
And we’re beginning to suspect that either TikTok has been deactivated or our phone no longer supports it.
Our phone has a fault that causes this issue.
The app doesn’t function properly when our phone doesn’t update the app.
You will be able to avoid these issues by manually upgrading your app on your phone.
If you want to update any app on your device, there are a few things to follow:
- Search for TikTok in your Play Store.
- When you press the “update” button, your app will download and install new features.
- Restart the respective device. Check if TikTok is working correctly.
- After completing the procedures outlined above, your issue should be resolved.
Solution 3: Restart the Device
If you still wonder why my TikTok is not working after those solutions, go ahead and restart your device.
In some cases, most apps, including TikTok, can fail due to minor glitches in the device.
However, the good news is that those glitches can be solved with a simple restart. Here’s the process:
- First, you should clear the cache of the TikTok app.
- Then, you should switch off the device.
- Then, you should switch the device on once again and open the app.
If the app doesn’t work as expected after the above, just uninstall and reinstall it.
Most probably, the error will be resolved.
Besides, if you wonder how to change your age on TikTok, this guide you should check out.
Solution 4: Check if There Are Connectivity Issues on the Network
Tiktok has grown to be a highly popular app all around the world. However, the users of this platform have had to deal with some issues in the past.
When watching a video or recording it, you might notice an error preventing the video from being played by the app.
It is always true that this difficulty is not directly connected solely to the app. So, we may work around it by employing a variety of strategies, such as network issues.
Our network can occasionally cause problems for the system.
Also, the movies we wish to watch may not be supported by the system.
Consequently, the first and most important step in resolving this issue is to verify our connectivity.
It is necessary to do the following actions to resolve connection difficulties or ISP APNs:
- First, please go to the Settings app.
- After that, you should click on the option called Network and Internet.
- After that, you can click on the Advanced option.
- Click on access point names to proceed.
- Then, you can select the icon that appears like three dots. It is located in the top-right corner.
- Then, you should click on the option called Reset to default.
Once the steps are followed correctly, you should close that window.
Then, you should reach the home screen and turn the mobile data on to proceed.
After that, you can play any video.
After all, you must have a good, solid connection to expect better performance from TikTok. That is because its content is broadcasted through the Internet.
Solution 5: Clear Your App’s Junk Data
If you still wonder why my TikTok is not working, it is better to clear the app’s junk data.
So, go to the settings and search for the TikTok app.
Then, clear the cache and data before restarting the app.
As a result, you can expect a better and smoother performance from the app.
Performing this action on any given app will make it more stable.
Solution 6: Force Stop TikTok
Try to force stop TikTok on your device.
Then, restart it so you may be able to experience smooth performance.
In fact, many users have experienced this solution to be very effective regardless of how simple it is.
After all, it is worth trying a force stop because it fixes many minor glitches.
For Android Devices:
- Go to your device’s Settings option to proceed.
- Go to the Apps or Applications through Settings.
- Select the TikTok app.
- Go to App Info and tap Force stop.
For iOS Devices
- First, you should open Application Manager.
- Then, choose TikTok.
- Swipe it away from the app bar, and that will force stop the app.
As you can notice, force-stopping an app is not difficult.
All you need is to follow the simple instructions provided above.
Force-stopping your apps from time to time might help you achieve better performance with no interruptions.
This is true with any app installed on your device, no matter if it’s an Android or an iPhone. So, keep that in mind as a smartphone user.
Solution 7: Reboot the Router
Perhaps, the issue is related to the router or the modem.
If it is a minor glitch, rebooting the router and the modem will do the trick.
That will clear the cache that might cause errors. So, mentioned below is what you can do:
- First, locate the modem and the router. You will notice the power cable easily. Just detach the wire from the power outlet or switch it off from the power outlet.
- After that, you can simply leave the device off for 3 minutes at the least.
- After spending that time, you can plug the router in and provide the power supply.
- Once the device is powered on, you can simply add another device and check if it works.
As a result of rebooting the modem, you can expect better and stronger connectivity.
In fact, this solution is applicable whenever there is trouble related to your connection.
Get the Assistance of a VPN Service
Using a reputable VPN service in this sort of TikTok playback problem situation might be really beneficial.
Some customers have expressed satisfaction with the results of installing a VPN service on mobile devices and tablets.
This strategy may also work for you, so give it a shot and see how it goes.
Choosing a good virtual private network that does the work can be difficult.
However, you can find a reliable VPN service with a good amount of research.
A good VPN service can hide your IP address from the public Internet and protect your anonymity. That will prevent hackers from accessing your device.
That’s it for those who have the question, “why is my TikTok not working.”
What other errors have you encountered with TikTok recently, and how did you overcome them?
Also, do you know more effective ways to solve this error?
Please let us know. We always welcome your valuable, constructive input.