There are many individuals who want to learn how to remove school iPad restrictions due to various reasons. If you are among that crowd, this article will be a very handy article to read.
So, let’s go ahead and learn how to remove school iPad restrictions in the correct way.
Let’s assume that you are a lecturer or a teacher attached to a certain institute. And you are provided with an iPad that comes with an MDM (Mobile Device Management). Sooner or later, you will want to get rid of that restriction and use the iPad freely.
There are many educational institutes that apply the aforementioned restriction on iPads to bring more work efficiency. However, from the user’s perception, it might be a burden. You will not be able to experience the fullest potential of an iPad if it’s under MDM restriction.
The good news, however, is that you can remove the MDM with some workaround and access full features. The remainder of this article will explain everything about how to remove school iPad restrictions and their consequences.
Besides, are you worried about forgetting your iCloud password? Are you locked out of your iCloud account? Here are the top iCloud unlock services for you.
Introduction to MDM
MDM is the abbreviation for School Device Management. This is more of a restriction that limits users from accessing specific features on an iPad.
Just like the name suggests, this restriction is mainly found on devices offered by educational institutes such as schools. As per this restriction, you are given limited access to your iPad. Those restrictions can be applied based on the preference of the management of the institute.
It goes without saying that MDM is a superb option for protecting valuable and sensitive information. However, in some cases, the user will find it a burden. For instance, it might limit your connections (USB, hotspot, cellular data, iTunes, etc.) and synchronization with Apple Watch.
In addition to that, it may even bring up various other restrictions on features such as wallpaper. These restrictions are applied by the school administration so they can control device usage. They handle the full control of your device remotely, and it can be pretty annoying.
Resetting iPad Doesn’t Remove the MDM
Let’s assume that your iPad has the MDM restriction. What happens if you reset the device? Well, even if you reset the iPad, the MDM settings will remain. So, if you want to get rid of this feature, you are supposed to find a different method.
The good news, however, is that there are several 3rd-party tools to get this job done. The remainder of this article will explain how to use these applications to accomplish this task.
Also, there are many game websites for school and games to play at school online that are not blocked but should be. Let us learn more in this article.
The Most Significant Downsides of MDM
Let’s learn the most significant downsides associated with MDM. As a matter of fact, MDM functions pretty well on any device without causing any trouble. Generally speaking, MDM doesn’t let users use their iPads freely.
The MDM feature is difficult to remove from an iPad. In fact, the MDM screen may still appear after a factory reset. This makes it impossible to remove the profile without the proper credentials.
In addition, “Profiles and device management missing” is an issue that appears on some iOS devices after an update. Here are the three practical solutions to fix it.
Manual Deletion of MDM is Not Allowed
The profile cannot be deleted manually. It’s required to install additional software in order to fix the problem. You can get rid of the MDM account by getting in touch with the IT department. Well, they are the ones who manage the device.
They are within their rights and scope of authority to delete the account from the respective iPad. One of the best parts is that you won’t have to worry about losing any data. The iPad will be free of any restrictions.
In fact, the best method to accomplish this is to talk to the school administration. Describe the challenges you’ve encountered because of your MDM profile. To put it simply, if they do what you want, everything will be OK.
And the situation can be fixed right away. Instead, you may try petitioning the administrators to loosen the rules a little bit. That’s a great method to enhance iPad use in the office.
Remove School iPad Restrictions Without the Assistance of the Administration (Using a 3rd Party Tool)
You are reading this article specifically to learn how to remove school iPad restrictions using a third-party tool.
The truth is that there are several different tools to get this job done.
That said, below are the most impressive tools you can use to remove school iPad restrictions.
Option 01: Unlockit
Unlockit is considered to be one of the best tools to get rid of MDM locks. The truth is that this tool doesn’t require any prerequisites to get this job done.
However, it is better to check if your device is compatible with this application by trying its trial version.
One of the most impressive things about this application is its super-fast, impressive functionality. This tool can remove your iPad’s MDM within a couple of minutes.
In addition to that, if needed, you can use this tool on the same iPad multiple times.
How to Use Unlockit to Remove MDM from Your iPad?
Here are the steps to remove MDM from an iPad.
- Download Unlockit and install it on a PC.
- Now, you will see three different solutions. After that, you should select “Bypass MDM Lock” so you can proceed to the next level.
- Once you have done that, connect the same iPad to your PC using a USB cable. Now, the device will be detected automatically by the application. So, you should keep the device connected until the removal is done.
- Before proceeding any further, you should make sure that the device is locked out. If the MDM screen requests you to provide credentials, select “Start.” However, if you don’t see the MDM screen, reset it. Disable the option called “Find my iPad.” Then, go to “Settings” and hit “General.” After that, select “Reset.” Then, you can see the option called “Erase All…..“. Just tap on it.
- Now, the iPad will reset automatically. You don’t have to configure the device. Instead, tap on the option called “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data.” After that, select “Done” on the main screen of UnlockIT.
Option 02: AnyUnlock
MDM profiles are known for their ability to cause various types of restriction issues for users. Those restrictions can surely annoy individuals who expect the fullest potential from their iPads.
So, let’s assume that you want to unlock your iPad’s MDM and experience its full potential. In this case, the second option you can use is AnyUnlock.
This is a simplified tool to remove school iPad restrictions with no hassle at all. In addition to that, this tool can even remove iCloud activation locks as well. You don’t need to have the present credentials of that account. So, it is more of an all-in-one tool to get rid of any lock configured in your device.
Features of AnyUnlock
Here are the main features of AnyUnlock for your information.
- You can use it to bypass the MDM layer easily.
- It doesn’t need the password to delete your iPad’s MDM.
- It removes Appl ID from your iPad so you can add a different one to the account.
- It works perfectly on Mac and Windows systems.
Steps on How to Use AnyUnlock
Here are the main steps you should follow to use AnyUnlock and remove MDM.
- First, you should download AnyUnlock’s latest version on the system and get it installed. After that, connect your device to the same computer and select “Bypass MDM” to proceed.
- Select the option called “Remove MDM.” Make sure that you use the password so the device will be unlocked upon connecting it.
- When you see the next interface, you can see the option called “Remove Now.” Just click it to proceed.
- Now, you should wait for a couple of minutes for the process to be completed. Then, the MDM will be removed from your device successfully.
Removing MDM Using the Password
Let’s assume that you can get the password of the device and want to remove MDM. In that case, the process will be easier. The steps are mentioned below for your convenience.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” option on your iPad. Then, tap on the option called “General.”
- Go to the option called “Device Management.”
- After that, you should see an option called “MDM Profile.” Just tap on it to proceed.
- Now, tap “Remove Management.” You can enter the password when prompted. If the password is with the school’s administration or the IT department, you must request it from them.
- That’s all you should do. Now, you can use the iPad without any restrictions.
1. Will removing school iPad restrictions void the device warranty?
Yes, removing school iPad restrictions, especially through methods like jailbreaking, may void the device warranty. It’s important to consider the potential consequences before proceeding.
2. Are there any legal implications associated with removing school iPad restrictions?
Jailbreaking or bypassing school iPad restrictions may have legal implications depending on your region. It’s advisable to research local laws and regulations before attempting any unauthorized modifications.
3. Can I reinstall the original school iPad restrictions after removing them?
In most cases, reinstalling the original school iPad restrictions may not be possible once they have been removed. It’s important to consider the irreversible nature of some restriction removal methods.
4. What are the potential benefits of removing school iPad restrictions?
Removing school iPad restrictions allows for greater customization, access to a wider range of educational apps, and the utilization of the device’s full capabilities for creative projects.
Approach your school authorities respectfully and responsibly. Explain your intentions and potential educational benefits while acknowledging the importance of a secure and focused learning environment.
So, that is exactly what you should do if you want to remove school iPad restrictions. As you might notice, MDM restrictions are applied to put some control on your iPads. These restrictions are usually seen on iPads that are offered to employees by educational institutes like schools.
The simplest way to remove this MDM is by asking for the credentials from the management. However, if you cannot do that, you may use one of the third-party tools mentioned above.
Both of the tools that are mentioned above work well to remove school iPad restrictions. In addition to that, the same tools can be used to remove other locks (such as iCloud locks).
Please share your thoughts about the methods we explained in this article. Also, do you know other tools that can remove MDM? If so, please leave a comment in the below section so we can update our article.