Do you wonder how to change your birthday on TikTok? If yes, below is the article you should keep reading.
This article explains the practical possibility of changing one’s age on the TikTok platform. So, let’s move along and find it out.
Some users have entered the wrong date of birth or want to change their age on TikTok.
Regardless, we will explain the possibilities for those who wonder how to change their age on TikTok.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is surely among the most well-known and widely used in the world of mobile applications. TikTok is a one-stop shop for sharing, creating, and discovering short films.
Users of the TikTok app can access a broad range of noises and music excerpts. That is in addition to the effects and filters.
The app’s primary target demographic is comprised of energetic young individuals. That means those eager to display their talents and abilities to the world. Thanks to this software, so many young individuals are making it big.
However, as the program gains momentum, the creator receives criticism.
That is mainly for allowing anybody to use the app without limitation. There is not any age restriction to using TikTok as a viewer.
As of recently, users must be 13 years and older to access the TikTok platform as performers. However, only 18 or older can donate presents to your favorite TikTok producers.
There are a few people who signed up for the site simply for the pleasure of it.
They have not filled out the proper details and are now paying the price. The page labeled “For You” page is unavailable to some individuals who have been shadowbanned.
To resolve any issues with TikTok, you must update your birth date (DOB).
Also, you should provide the correct info to your TikTok support staff. The support staff may require you to present any official papers as proof of your age throughout this procedure.
PS: let’s learn more about how to edit TikTok captions after posting.
How to Change Your Age/Birthday on TikTok?
If you wonder how to change my age on TikTok, below are the simplified steps. You can simply go through these steps and get it done.
01. First, you should launch the TikTok app on the device.
02. Now, please press the “Profile” option.
03. You should tap on the three lines on the screen’s right-hand side.
04. You can see an option called “Setting & Privacy” as a window.
05. You should then scroll and find the “Support” option.
06. Then, please click on the “Report a Problem” option.
07. Now, you will see a separate window titled “Report a Problem.”
08. It is located under the Topics heading.
09. Then, click on the “Account & Profile” option.
10. You will go to a different “Account & Profile” window.
11. Now, please go to the “Editing Profile” option.
12. Then, you will notice a menu opened again.
13. Select the option called “Other.”
14. You can see an option called “Report a problem.”
15. After that, you should choose the “Need More Help” option.
16. You should enter the message and explain your exact situation.
17. It would be much better if you could attach some other photos to prove your case.
Within 3 – 4 days of reporting the issue, the support team will give you an email.
In that email, you may ask them to modify your birth date (DOB). And you’ll be able to make better decisions with the help of others. And that’s how to change your birthday on TikTok.
As you may notice, it’s not a big deal if you wonder how to change my age on TikTok. All you need is to genuinely explain the situation to their customer-care team and explain your case.
Also, let’s figure out why my TikTok is not working and how to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about changing your age/birthday on TikTok for you.
These steps will give you a better idea about the whole process and the age restrictions on TikTok. Let’s go ahead and learn what it is.
Besides, if you wonder how to change your age on Discord, you should check out this guide.
How to Change My Age on TikTok to 18+?
TikTok’s limited mode may be turned on and off by following these steps:
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Click the “Profile” button.
- You can now use the three tabs at the top of the right-hand corner.
- A window titled “Settings” and “Privacy” will pop up.
- Once you’ve found “Content and Activity,” scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- It’s time to click “Digital Wellbeing.”
- After that, select “Restricted Mode.”
- Restricted Mode will be opened up now.
- Press the red “Turn on Restricted Mode” button.
- TikTok’s Restricted Mode has now been activated.
Why Can’t I Update My Birthdate on TikTok?
Per the new policy, your DOB (birthday) cannot be modified. That means you cannot necessarily modify it after it is entered during the sign-up process for TikTok.
Changing the DOB (Date of birth) on TikTok is as simple as sending an email to email@example.com. If not, you can even follow the steps that are outlined above.
What Prevents Me from Going Live on the TikTok Platform?
Do you want to use TikTok live? If so, you must be at least 18 years old and have a following of 1,000 people. Afterward, you may take advantage of the live feature on TikTok.
At this time, TikTok doesn’t have a live option available in all locations worldwide. In this case, you should verify your qualifications before using them.
Safety Tips for Kids to Follow when Using TikTok
Besides knowing how to change your age/birthday on TikTok, mentioned below are some safety tips teenagers can follow.
● Make Your Account a Private One
Ensuring your account is secret is crucial to be secure when using the app. Strangers on TikTok will have a harder time finding and contacting you this way.
The default option for all new accounts is “public.” Therefore, you’ll need to take action to make yours private.
● Disable Post Comments
Well, a private account should prevent strangers from seeing the account’s content. However, it’s also a good idea to turn off post comments.
As a result, there is no room for anyone on your following list to post cruel or improper comments.
● Use Comment Filters for Further Protection
It’s possible to set up filters that would automatically remove any comments you don’t want to see. For instance, spam or inflammatory content.
Even though it’s nearly difficult to capture all of the mean-spirited comments, this tool is a big assistance.
● Deactivate Messaging
Strangers can still send you messages even if your profile is private. Make sure that the message preferences are up to date. As a result, you won’t be spammed by individuals you don’t know.
Only “Friends” can message you, or you can turn off messages altogether. Always consider the possibility of both sides sending as many texts as they like. That’s when a stranger sends you a message.
● Use the Default Screen Timer
It’s hard to believe how quickly time flies while you’re using TikTok. Use TikTok’s in-app Time Management to keep tabs on your total TikTok app usage. That will also cut down on your zombie scrolling.
Parents may enable this option on their children’s accounts. However, they can’t modify it with a four-digit passcode. That is despite the minimum restriction being set at 40 minutes.
● Enable Restricted Mode
The minimum user age on TikTok is 13, and we strongly advise parents to enforce this limitation. It’s a smart option to utilize Restricted Mode if your teenage child has an account. While this can help keep out explicit material, it is not a foolproof option.
Well, those are the steps you should follow if you wonder how to change your birthday on TikTok.
Those who want to learn how to change their age on TikTok can follow the instructions above.