There is no secret that you will feel so annoyed when TikTok videos are lagging.
If you come across this frustrating situation and are looking for a solution, this article can be your solution.
Here, we intend to explain everything related to this issue and the possible reasons behind it.
In some cases, TikTok videos tend to lag due to various issues. It might often appear because of server-related issues or internet-related issues. In addition to that, the same can occur due to issues in the device as well.
If you intend to overcome this issue, you are supposed to overcome it simply by following this guide. The steps are mentioned in the article in the simplest possible format.
Reasons Why TikTok Videos Are Lagging
Mentioned below are some of the most common reasons for TikTok videos to lag.
These paragraphs give you substantial knowledge about the origin of the issue so you can easily resolve it.
1: There’s an App-Related Error
In some cases, TikTok videos lagging can occur due to technical errors associated with the app itself. In fact, TikTok videos can stop loading when cache files have accumulated over time.
In addition to that, junk files too can trigger such issues. So, if you want to overcome this issue, here are the solutions you can try.
- Clear cache files and data of the TikTok app.
- Restart the device.
- Switch the app on.
2: There’s an Internet-Related Error
In some cases, TikTok might not work as smoothly as it should due to internet-related errors.
The root cause of such a situation is prolonged usage of the internet or bad signals. It is possible to fix such issues simply with the following steps; they are easy but effective.
- Check if your device has an active and stable internet connection before everything else.
- If the device already has a good internet connection, you should reload the app (TikTok).
- When TikTok videos are lagging, it can be due to poor network connection or connectivity issues. So, try to load a different app (like YouTube) and see if the videos are playing properly.
3: There’s an Issue with Your Device
There are instances when our TikTok is slow owing to issues with our devices. Let’s assume that the aforementioned solutions don’t work for your TikTok problems.
So, it’s time to investigate the app’s underlying tool. The first step in fixing this problem is to access the device’s mobile settings.
- Go to “Applications” on your device.
- Then, select the “TikTok” app and go to “App Permissions“.
- Then, you should allow Mobile data & Wi-Fi.
- Restart the device now. After that, open TikTok to see if it works.
Besides, do you want to know how to remove the TikTok profile picture? Read our article to know every step to delete a profile picture on TikTok.
Solutions to Try if TikTok Videos Lagging
Mentioned below are the solutions that might work if you are in a “TikTok videos lagging” situation.
1: Clear Your TikTok App’s Cache
The first solution you can try is to clear the cache of your TikTok app. In fact, accumulated cache files can often cause various errors. That said, clearing the cache is the best solution to overcome this error (if cache files are the issue).
In fact, this issue is primarily brought on by the excessive viewing of videos online. As a result, TikTok builds up more cache files in this specific device’s memory.
That said, videos on TikTok become laggy, and the app frequently freezes or crashes. The issue can be fixed by erasing all TikTok app data and clearing the app’s cache.
The steps to this answer are as follows.
- First, you should open your TikTok application.
- After that, open the profile.
- Then, click on the option that appears as three dots.
- You can select the option called “Clear Cache” to proceed.
Following these steps will resolve this issue easily.
2: Update the TikTok App Installed on Your Device
Let’s assume that TikTok on our phone may intermittently not launch. Also, the app crashes and displays an error code. If so, we are under the impression that the TikTok service has been disabled.
Or that its use is no longer supported by our device. Our phone is having technical difficulties, which is why this is happening. There are times when the app stops working because our device is not keeping up with the latest updates.
A viable solution to this issue is to manually update the application on your mobile device. There’re a few things you need to do in order to update apps on your phone. They are mentioned below.
- First, you should open the Play Store. Then, you should search for the app called TikTok.
- Then, you should hit the button labeled “Update“. Then, an update will open.
- Once the update is completed, you can restart the device. Then, check if the app is working correctly.
And that will fix the above-mentioned issue.
3: Restart the Device
The majority of the time, problems arise after a TikTok video has been shared. There are a few simple guidelines we can use to find solutions to these kinds of issues:
- Clear your TikTok app’s cache and data.
- Switch the device off.
- Then, switch it on again.
- Now, you can open the app and see if it works.
If the app is not working as expected, you may even try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
4: Fix the Potential Errors Associated with Your Network
TikTok has become one of the most popular apps used among users across the globe. It’s no secret that the video-sharing software Tiktok has gone viral throughout the world.
However, its users have also reported experiencing some issues. There are times when an error prevents a video from playing or recording. It is true that this problem has nothing to do with the program itself. However, it can be fixed by addressing external factors like network connectivity.
Our network occasionally acts up, and when that happens, it stops supporting those videos we need to watch. Thus, checking our connectivity is the first order of business in fixing this problem.
If you want to fix the connectivity-related issues, you may have to follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Network & Internet“.
- Click “Mobile Network“.
- Tap “Advanced Options“.
- Click the access point name.
- Tap the menu (three dots) and tap “Reset to Default“.
Once the above steps are carefully followed, you can go to the home screen. Then, turn on its mobile data. After that, you can play its video and see if the respective issue is gone.
5: Clear Junk Data
It’s possible that the TikTok app won’t load videos or function properly at certain times. When app data and cache sizes grow, this becomes an issue.
You’ll need to head to the menu called “settings” and conduct a search for TikTok. This is done to delete this unnecessary information. Clear this app’s cache and data, then launch it again. Videos will begin to load, and the system will begin functioning.
6: Perform a Force Stop
The fact that videos on TikTok often don’t load properly is likely attributable to some sort of background process.
As a result of that procedure, the video will no longer play in the TikTok app. It’s a breeze to fix this problem.
Anyone with an Android device can quickly fix the problem by following the procedures I’ve outlined below.
If You Use an Android Device
- Go to Settings and select “Applications“.
- Select “TikTok“.
- Go to the info page of the app and click “force stop“.
If You Use an iOS Device
- Launch the option called “Application Manager” on your iOS device.
- Go to “TikTok” and swipe it to turn it away.
7: Reboot Your Modem and Router
A shoddy wifi connection is usually to blame for TikTok’s frequent hiccups and outright failures to function. TikTok videos can’t be downloaded, watched, or saved quickly enough on a slow Wi-Fi connection.
Even a subpar connection can cause the program to stall or crash. The speed and reliability of our connection may be immediately evaluated.
However, a router reboot is preferable. If you’re experiencing technical difficulties, resetting your network and modem is your best bet.
It’s a good idea to reboot the router every so often to keep your network stable. These are the simple actions you need to take to reboot your network and modem.
- Unplug the power cable of the modem as the first step.
- Leave the router without plugging it in again for 3 minutes.
- Plug the cable in and power the router up.
Check if the router is working as it should be.
Also, can you swear on TikTok, or can you curse on TikTok? What will happen if you use swear words in your TikTok videos? Let’s answer these questions here.
8: Seeking Help from TikTok Support
8.1. Reporting the Issue
If you have tried the aforementioned solutions and continue to experience lagging videos on TikTok, it is advisable to report the issue to TikTok. Provide them with details about your device, operating system, and the nature of the problem. TikTok’s support team may be able to provide further assistance or insights.
8.2. Seeking Assistance from TikTok Community
The TikTok community is known for its supportive nature. If you encounter video lagging issues, consider seeking help from other users who may have encountered similar problems. Posting your issue on relevant forums or communities can provide insights, workarounds, or potential solutions.
8.3 Contacting TikTok Customer Support
If all else fails, reaching out to TikTok’s customer support directly may be necessary. TikTok provides channels for users to contact their support team, either through their website or within the app itself. Be sure to provide detailed information about the problem you’re facing to expedite the troubleshooting process.
Also, here, we will understand why TikTok takes up so much storage and find effective ways to manage its storage usage on your device. Learn how to optimize your smartphone’s performance while enjoying TikTok.
1. Why are my TikTok videos lagging? TikTok videos may lag due to factors such as insufficient internet connection, device performance issues, app or system glitches, or high server load.
2. How can I improve TikTok video playback? To improve TikTok video playback, ensure a stable internet connection, optimize your device’s performance, update the app and operating system, clear cache and data, and reduce background processes.
3. Can I report lagging video issues to TikTok? Yes, you can report lagging video issues to TikTok’s support team. Provide them with details about your device, operating system, and the nature of the problem for better assistance.
4. What should I do if the solutions mentioned in the article don’t resolve the issue? If the solutions mentioned in the article don’t resolve the issue, consider seeking assistance from the TikTok community or contacting TikTok’s customer support directly for further troubleshooting.
5. How can I ensure high-quality videos on TikTok? To ensure high-quality videos on TikTok, record and upload videos in high resolution, trim and compress videos before uploading, avoid excessive effects and filters, maintain adequate storage space, and close unnecessary apps running in the background.
So, if your TikTok videos are lagging, you can try one of the solutions we mentioned above. At least one of the above solutions might work for you.
Are there any other solutions to address this error? If so, please share your opinion with us.