iPhone’s last line is no longer available is an issue that may arise when you try to make a call.
There are many individuals who have experienced this issue due to some reason or another.
If you are one of them and looking for a solid answer, this is a must-read for you.
iPhone’s Last Line Is No Longer Available – What Does It Mean?
Many individuals have no clue why they see the last line no longer available on iPhone. In fact, this issue triggers when it cannot detect the preferred or default line prior to making a call. This issue is found mainly on iPhone 13 version. However, it may appear on other models as well (like iPhone 14).
The main culprit of the last line no longer available on iPhone 13 may be a random bug. In some cases, glitches that are associated with cellular radio can cause the same issue. Other than that, incorrect network settings, corrupted call logs, etc., can trigger the same issue.
When you see the last line is no longer available on iPhone 14, however, you can use the other mobile number. But this is not a practical solution, as you may realize.
There are several basic solutions to address this issue successfully. For instance, you can turn on and off Airplane mode, reset the device, or even clean the history. But in some cases, you may have to try some advanced solutions if none of those basic solutions work.
How to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available on iPhone”
Solution 01: Manually Switch the Phone Lines
When you tap on the option called “Call“, you will see the “Last Line No Longer Available” message.
Tapping on this popup message can put the respective call to your device’s secondary line.
However, in some cases, this may not work either. In that case, you should try to switch numbers manually.
- Let’s assume that you are dialing a new number. In that case, tap the line that is available on the screen. Then, you can pick another line.
- When you place a call through “Favorites” or “Recents“, tap on “Info“. Then, you can select the number you intend to call.
But what if you don’t want that alternative? In that case, you should use the fixes that are mentioned below.
Solution 02: Switch On and Off Airplane Mode
If iPhone’s last line is no longer available, you can try switching on and off Airplane mode.
When you enable When your iPhone is having trouble connecting to cellular networks, try turning on and off Airplane Mode. Simply go to the Control Center (by double-clicking the Home button).
If not, you can do it by swiping down the top of the screen. After that, tap the icon dedicated to Airplane Mode. Ten seconds later, tap the icon again.
If you wonder, does airplane mode turn off GPS location, find here the best solutions & learn other aspects regarding does airplane mode stops tracking.
Solution 03: Restart the iPhone
If you are still bothered with iPhone’s last line no longer an available issue, here’s another solution. As per this solution, you are supposed to reboot your device. However, iPhones don’t come with a standard “Restart” feature. In that case, you are supposed to switch off the device. Then, boot the device up manually.
If you want to do this, you should go to “Settings” and select “General“. Then, select “General” and “Shut Down“. After that, you can swipe the “Power” icon. Then, you should wait for the screen to become dark. Then, you should hold its Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Also, if you are facing the frustrating “update unavailable with this Apple ID” issue on your iOS device, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with four solutions!
Solution 04: Clear the Call History
If the last line is no longer available on iPhone 14, you are supposed to check this solution as well. This method works if the error occurs when you dial a number through “Recents“.
All you need is to delete all those entries related to the respective number. After that, you can try to dial the same number.
Below is how you should initiate it.
- First, you should open “Phone” and go to the option called “Recents” to proceed.
- Tap on “Edit“.
- After that, tap “Delete“, located next to each entry.
- Tap on “Edit“.
- Then, hit “Delete“, located next to each entry.
Delete the call log completely if the error appears with every number saved on your device. So, to get it done, here’s what you should do.
- Launch “Phone” and go to “Recents“.
- Then, tap “Edit“.
- After that, tap “Clear“.
- Tap on “Clear All Recents“.
Solution 05: Update Your iPhone’s Carrier Settings
If there is a pending update on your carrier, you should check it and initiate it. To get it done, you should open “Settings” and tap on “General“. Then, go to “About“.
After that, scroll further down and see the “Carrier” option. Then, wait for a while. If you see an option called Carrier Update Available, you should tap “Update“. That will install the potential update.
It is possible to view the current settings of the carrier. Then, you should see if that is the most recent update as per their official website.
Solution 06: Don’t Use Cellular Data Through the Preferred Line
If you notice the last line is no longer available on iPhone 13, you can give this solution a try. In fact, this error can appear due to certain conflicts with cellular data usage.
Mentioned below is how you should put this solution into practice.
- First, open your device’s “Settings” app.
- Tap on Cellular.
- After that, select “Cellular Data“.
- Just select the other line. If not, you should select “Off” so you can disable the data.
You can also try the option called “Allow Cellular Data Switching“. You can either enable it or disable it to see if it works.
Solution 07: Disable the Option Called “Automatic Network Selection”.
There is another way to fix iPhone’s last line no longer available; disable the Automatic Network selection. This feature forces your device to choose the most appropriate network.
However, if your device is a dual-sim one, there can be some issues associated with it. Therefore, disabling this feature might help you fix this issue.
So, let’s go ahead and find out how to put this solution into practice.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Cellular“. After that, go to “Network Selection“.
- Once you have done that, disable the switch located beside the option called “Automatic Network Selection“.
- Once that is done, you can pick the carrier network.
Solution 08: Disable the Wi-Fi Calling Feature
Wi-Fi calling is an excellent choice that helps you receive and make calls through Wi-Fi networks. This becomes useful if you have a poor cellular network. However, it may create various other conflicts. It may also result in “Last Line No Longer Available”.
So, to fix this issue, you should do the following.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Cellular“.
- Tap on the option called “Wi-Fi Calling“.
- Once you have done that, disable the switch beside “Wi-Fi calling on this phone“.
Solution 09: Install Available Software Updates
iPhones receive software updates from Apple frequently to fix bugs like these. Consequently, the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem may have been permanently resolved in more recent software updates.
Below is how to fix this issue.
- First, you should go to “Settings“. After that, go to the option called “General“.
- Then, tap on the option called “Software Update“.
- Once you have done that, tap on “Download & Install“. This step will install the most recent versions of your iOS device.
Solution 10: Reset Your iPhone’s Network Settings
If none of these solutions have worked so far, you should reset the network settings of your iPhone.
So, if your last line is no longer available for iPhone, try this method and see if it works.
- Go to “Settings” and select “General“. After that, select “Transfer & Reset Phone“.
- Then, go to “Reset” and choose “Reset Network Settings“.
If you reset the network settings, that will wipe off the device’s cellular settings along with preferences. With that said, the settings will get updated automatically once the device gets a reboot. You can contact the carrier and get it fixed if it doesn’t work as expected.
Once the network settings are correctly reset, you will have to reenter Wi-Fi hotspots, passwords, etc. Therefore, you should manually enter the passwords to rejoin.
By the way, if you are experiencing the “Sign out is not available due to restrictions” is an error message on your iOS device, don’t wrory, here are the six simple solutions you can try to fix.
Let’s say that you have tried all the methods that are mentioned above and have no relief. So, you can try this ultimate solution. In fact, Tenorshare ReiBoot is an excellent tool that can fix any software-related issue on your iOS device.
As we mentioned before, iPhone’s last line is no longer available issue can trigger due to system issues. So, fixing those issues using a professional tool like ReiBoot will be the ultimate solution. ReiBoot has the ability to fix plenty of issues on your iOS device in a couple of minutes.
The best thing about this tool is its user-friendliness. Any individual can use this tool without any technical knowledge.
So, let’s go ahead and learn how to use this tool.
- Download ReiBoot on your device and get it installed. After that, open the application to see the main screen. Then, connect the device to the same PC using a USB cable.
- Once the device is detected by Tenorshare ReiBoot, you can click “Start” to proceed.
- Then, tap on “Standard Repair“. This will initiate the repairing process. If the device is failed to connect, you will be able to follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Now, you should download Firmware Package that is compatible with the device’s iOS version.
- Start the option called “Start Standard Repair“.
- After that, ReiBoot will repair the iOS, and your device will be in pristine condition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error typically shows up on iPhones that use dual SIM cards. The error occurs when the device fails to switch correctly between your cellular lines, making it difficult for you to make calls or send messages using your desired line.
There are several strategies to fix this issue:
- Restart your iPhone.
- Update the iOS to the latest version.
- Check and adjust the cellular plan settings.
- Reinsert the SIM cards.
- Reset network settings (be cautious, as this will erase all your saved network information).
To turn on ‘This Line’ on your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Plans. Tap on the line you want to turn on and ensure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is enabled.
To change the preferred line on your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Cellular > Default Voice Line. Then, select the line you prefer for your voice calls. Remember, this will only affect the voice calls; you can specify a different line for data services.
There are several reasons why you may see the last line no longer available on iPhone. We presented various methods to get rid of that issue.
However, in some cases, basic solutions may not work. In that case, you can rely on a professional tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot to get the iOS device repaired.
It is a one-stop solution that can repair any iOS-related issue in a matter of minutes. The best thing is that even a novice user can use this tool with ease.