Are you an iPhone user? Do you face a problem while sending messages using iMessage?
An error message often pops up stating, “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message.”
Till now, the officials of Apple have not commented anything about it. But we have searched for many ways to bring these full-proof resolutions to your problem. So try them out, and your issue will surely get resolved.
Eight Tips to Resolve the “iMessage Needs to Be Enabled to Send This Message” Problem.
You need to follow any of the following tips to resolve the concerned issue easily and effectively.
1. Cancel the Thread and Start with a New Thread
If you cannot send any message using iMessage on your Apple device due to a pop-up saying that you need to enable iMessage to send that particular message, then you should delete that thread and start afresh.
A few people dealing with the same problem found that it worked, and this way, they could send a message starting with a new thread. So try it out to solve this problem.
2. Disable and Re-enable iMessage
As the error directs you to enable iMessages on your device, this troubleshooting step will surely get you out of this problem. The following steps need to be followed to do this method.
- Find your phone’s ‘Settings’ tab and open it on your Apple device. Then scroll to find the ‘Messages’ option in it.
- Tap it on and drag the slider to turn it off next to the ‘iMessage’ option.
- Wait for some seconds or half a minute, and then you need to toggle “iMessage” by dragging the slider to the right. This will re-enable the iMessage.
PS: How to fix iPhone text messages out of order.
3. Log Out and Login Your iMessage Account
As reported by many users, logging in and logging out of your iMessage account can magically solve such a problem.
Follow the below steps to solve this issue: “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message.”
- Go to the settings of your Apple device and find the ‘Message‘ section. Open it up and find the ‘Send and Receive‘ option.
- After that, you need to choose your Apple id, which you will log out of or sign out of.
- You will see a pop appearing, wherein you have to choose the ‘Sign Out‘ tab by clicking on it.
- After you have signed out, reboot the device and repeat the first step.
- Now, choose the ‘Add Another Email‘ tab and proceed with logging in to the same id which you earlier logged off.
4. Reset Your Network Settings
If you are facing an issue with the “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” popup, you can try resetting your device’s network settings to deal with this error.
You need to change or reset the network settings just like you do for VPN or Wi-Fi settings. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to take this course of action.
- Go to your device’s ‘Settings‘ and click on the General tab.
- Choose the ‘Reset‘ option and click on the ‘Reset Network Settings‘ tab on i.
- You will then have to feed in a passcode which it requires.
- Authenticate it by selecting the ‘Reset Network Settings‘ tab on it.
This way, the network settings of your Apple device will be reset, and you will no more face issues regarding the pop-up “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message.”
5. Reset All the Settings
Even after trying the above steps, if you can still not send messages through iMessage, then you should try this method. You need to reset all of the settings through the below-mentioned steps.
- Move to your device’s settings and click the ‘General‘ icon.
- Now go to the ‘Reset‘ option and click on it, following it by choosing the ‘Reset All Settings‘ tab.
6. Solve iOS Virus with No Loss of Data
Unfortunately, if the issue persists, then try out this way to solve it, as a software issue might be the reason behind this problem. Such an issue can be fixed easily using any third-party tool.
A highly recommended and effective tool for such a resolution is Tenorshare ReiBoot. Apart from its effectiveness, the best part about this tool is that it is compatible with all sorts of iOS devices and their every version.
Actually, it is a tool for recovering data, but since it has a feature, namely “iOS System Repair,” through which you can solve this issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message.”
Its key features are mentioned below.
- Many issues of iOS can be dealt with easily by using this tool. For instance, iTunes errors, not turning on, freezing issues, being stuck on a white screen or black screen or recovery mode, and many other issues.
- Two modes are offered in the “iOS System Repair” feature, which resolves many issues without letting your device lose any data.
If you want to solve the concerned issue using Tenorshare ReiBoot, then here are the steps mentioned in detail that you need to follow.
1: Open this tool after you have installed it. Click on the ‘Start‘ button. After establishing a connection between your PC and the device, you must select ‘Standard Repair‘ from the other modes.
2: Following the guide on the screen, set the device to DFU mode.
3: Choose the ‘Download‘ tab by clicking on it to download a firmware that will help detect the device. Next, tap on the ‘Start Standard Repair‘ tab to fix your iOS device.
7. Using a Recovery Mode Together with iTunes to Restore iPhone
Following are the steps to use a recovery mode to restore the iPhone device using iTunes.
Before you plug your iPhone with any digital cable into the PC, launch iTunes.
Now you need “Force Restart” the phone, which depends on the model you are using.
If you are using iPhone 6 or the models below it, you should press the ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ Buttons together until you can see a recovery mode screen.
If you are using iPhone 7/7 Plus, then instead of the ‘Home’ button, press the ‘Volume Down’ button until the recovery mode screen comes.
For iPhone 8 /8 Plus/ X users, the ‘Volume Up’ button needs to be released quickly, and the ‘Volume Down’ button needs to be pressed. Release that swiftly and hold on to the ‘Power’ Button for a few seconds until you can see a Recovery mode on the screen.
Now iTunes will detect your mobile device, and a window will pop up on your computer screen. You just need to select ‘Restore iPhone’ to complete the procedure.
Your issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” has been resolved.
8. Fix iPhone Issues Through FoneLab iOS System Recovery
Another tool you can use to fix issues regarding iPhone through system recovery is FoneLab, hassle-free. It ensures safe recovery without storing or modifying your data.
You can solve many problems through it, such as the iPhone being stuck in DFU mode, iMessage needing to be enabled to send this message, the iPad can’t slide to unlock, iPhone keeps restarting, and many more.
You need to download it first and install it on your PC. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
In Addition to It, the Updated Version of iTunes is to Be Installed on Your Pc. Here Are the Steps for Using FoneLab to Fix iPhone Issues.
1: On running FoneLab on Windows, you will have the option to choose among three utilities. Choose here – “iOS System Recovery.”
2: Using a digital cable, connect your device to the PC. If you do this for the first time, a pop-up will open where you need to tap on ‘Trust.’
3: Open up the software interface and click on ‘Start.’
4: Now, the firmware must be downloaded on your device, and make sure you select the right information for your mobile device.
5: After it is downloaded, click on ‘Repair.’
FoneLab iOS System Recovery is a highly safe and easy-to-use tool that will help you eliminate issues on your Apple devices like iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.
You need to give it a try and experience its excellent benefits surely. You will be awe-struck at its effectiveness and convenient interface.
Tenorshare ReiBoot, as discussed above, is another software for handling the problem of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message.”
Not being able to contact your friends and family through messages is a major concern. It is even more of a big issue because anyone from Apple hasn’t suggested any way to resolve such an issue.
But Tenorshare ReiBoot has your back and can help you immediately and easily solve such an issue on your iPhone immediately and easily. So try it out, and you will surely not regret using it.
While the “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” error can be frustrating, it’s usually simple to resolve. By understanding what iMessage is, its benefits, and how to troubleshoot common issues, you’ll be able to enjoy a seamless messaging experience on your Apple devices.
Why can’t I enable iMessage on my device?
This could be due to network issues or incorrect settings. Try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article.
Is iMessage free to use?
Yes, iMessage is free to use but it requires an internet connection.
Can I use iMessage on a non-Apple device?
No, iMessage is exclusive to Apple devices.
What’s the difference between iMessage and SMS?
iMessage uses internet data, offers various unique features, and is free to use. SMS uses your cellular plan, has limited features, and may incur costs.
Can I use iMessage without a SIM card?
Yes, you can use iMessage with Wi-Fi on devices like the iPod touch, iPad, and Mac.