Are you looking for a reliable and safe way to unlock Samsung S20 / S20 Ultra / S20 FE 5G on your own? If so, this article is just for you. We intend to reveal the most efficient and safest methods to correctly complete this job.
Samsung has been consistently releasing some impressive smartphones over the years, and the Samsung S20 series is no exception. These devices are packed with high-speed processors and innovative features, such as Smart Lock.
As a result, they are considered to be a standout product in the market. However, to truly unlock their potential, it is essential to consider network unlocking your Samsung S20 mobile phone.
It is true that there are numerous blogs available online that provide instructions on how to unlock Samsung S20. With that said, we are here to offer you the easiest and most effective way.
Besides, if you forgot your Android phone’s unlock pattern or pin, don’t worry, let’s learn how to set up and use a universal unlock PIN for Android. Save time and unlock any Android device!
The Perks of Unlocking Your Samsung S20
Before we dive into the process of unlocking your Samsung S20/S20 Ultra / S20 FE 5G, let’s take a moment to explore the various benefits that come with an unlocked phone:
- Freedom to Choose Your Carrier: With an unlocked Samsung S20, you’re no longer tied down to a specific carrier. You’ll have the freedom to switch between carriers and find the one that offers the best service and prices for your needs.
- Better Resale Value: An unlocked phone generally has a higher resale value than a locked one since buyers prefer the flexibility of using the device with their preferred carrier.
- International Travel Made Easy: Travelling abroad with a locked phone can be a hassle, as you might need to buy a local SIM card or pay exorbitant roaming fees. An unlocked Samsung S20 makes it a breeze to use local SIM cards and avoid hefty fees.
- Access to More Apps and Features: Unlocking your Samsung S20 can also grant you access to a wider range of apps and features, allowing you to customize your phone to your heart’s content.
Also, let’s learn how to perform a Samsung A12 FRP bypass w/o a PC. This article explains the simplest methods to overcome this issue and retrieve your data.
Solution 1. Unlock Samsung S20 Using Unlock Code
To unlock your Samsung S20 or S20 Ultra, there are certain technical requirements that you need to fulfill.
It is true that there are several methods available for unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S20. However, many of them may require you to pay a fee. However, to unlock your phone without any cost, there are a few conditions you need to meet.
Firstly, you must not have any unpaid or late bills associated with your phone. Additionally, you should have been using the same network for at least 60 days.
Moreover, the SIM card you are currently using should be valid. By fulfilling these criteria, you can unlock your Samsung S20 or S20 Ultra without any additional fees.
That said, mentioned below are the steps that should be followed to unlock Samsung S20.
Step 1: Open the dialer on your Samsung S20 smartphone and dial #06#. This will display the IMEI number of your device. Make sure to write down the IMEI number somewhere so that you can refer to it later.
Step 2: Once you have your IMEI number, call your service provider. Then, you are supposed to inquire about how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. They will likely ask for your email address and IMEI number to confirm your contact details.
Let us assume that your device meets all the necessary requirements for network unlocking. In that case, you should receive an unlock code via email within three working days.
Step 3: To proceed, you will need to replace your current SIM card with one from a third-party network provider. Once you’ve done this, start up your phone and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
After entering the code is emailed, you should be able to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S20 BTS Edition. Then, you should start using it with your new network provider.
That’s basically it. Your device is successfully unlocked.
Requirements You Should Fulfill to Unlock Samsung S20
It is true that many individuals might incline to use the free method to unlock their devices. However, to do it, you are supposed to meet a few requirements, as mentioned before.
If you fulfill these requirements, you can easily get the unlocking done. However, if you don’t fulfill any of those requirements, you should go for a paid unlock code.
In addition to that, in many cases, unlock codes may take several days to arrive. So, if you don’t want to wait that long to unlock your device, you should purchase a code.
What Are the Drawbacks of Using an Unlock Code?
It is true that unlocking your Samsung S20 using an unlock code can provide you with several benefits.
For instance, it gives the ability to use a different network provider or use the device while traveling abroad.
But the truth is that there are also a few drawbacks associated with this process. Mentioned below are those for your reference.
- One potential drawback of unlocking your Samsung S20 with unlock codes is that it voids the device’s warranty. This is because most manufacturers consider unlocking a device to be a modification of the original software or hardware. Obviously, it can invalidate the warranty.
- Another potential drawback is that some network providers may not provide technical support or updates for unlocked devices. So, let’s assume that you encounter any issues with your phone after unlocking it. In that case, you may not be able to seek assistance from your network provider. Additionally, some features or services may be restricted or unavailable when using an unlocked device on certain networks.
- Lastly, this process may also come with a small risk of damaging the device. This will happen if the process is not followed correctly. However, on the other hand, let’s assume that you follow the instructions carefully and correctly. In that case, this risk is usually negligible.
- In some cases, it can lead to loss of money. Some users say that they haven’t received any unlock code even after providing the information and paying the fee.
- You will not be able to recover an unlocked device (via a code) if it’s lost or stolen.
Considering all of the above facts, it is better that you think twice before unlocking your device.
If you have the smallest doubt, we advise you to refrain from using an unlock code. Instead, there are other ways to unlock your device. Mentioned below are those ways for your reference.
Let us say that you don’t remember your Samsung S20’s password or unlocking pattern. In that case, Tenorshare 4uKey for Android may be the ultimate solution you need.
This tool is designed to help users crack various types of screen locks, including passwords and patterns. The best thing is that it can even remove Samsung accounts without requiring a password.
One of the standout features of Tenorshare 4uKey is its user-friendly interface. Thanks to this feature, it will be easy for users to navigate and unlock their devices quickly and efficiently. The software is designed to prevent any potential damage to your device during the unlocking process. So, it ensures that your phone remains in good working condition.
If you are looking to unlock your Google account, Tenorshare 4uKey can do so in just a few minutes. With its fast and reliable unlocking process, you can regain access to your Samsung S20 quickly and easily. To use Tenorshare 4uKey, simply follow the instructions provided in the software.
Here’s how to do it.
- First, you should install 4uKey on your computer and open it. After that, on its home screen, tap “Remove Screen Lock“.
- Once you have done that, you should tap on “Start” so the unlocking process will begin. The progress can be monitored on the screen.
- Once the lock is removed successfully, you are supposed to go into recovery mode. The steps to do that are mentioned on the interface of the application for your convenience.
- As the final step, 4uKey will remove the lock screen of your device so you can access it.
That’s how to unlock Samsung S20 using Tenorshare 4uKey. You can now install any app on your smartphone and enjoy its full potential. Last but not least, make sure that you remember the password to avoid these troubles in the future.
Remembering your phone’s password is crucial for the security of your personal information and data. A password serves as a key to your phone. Forgetting it can cause a significant inconvenience, leading to potential data loss, unauthorized access, and identity theft. By setting a strong password and remembering it, you can protect your phone from malicious attacks and unwanted intrusions.
Remembering your phone’s password eliminates the need to use any third-party methods to unlock your device. These methods can be risky, as they may damage your device or compromise your personal information.
Yes, it is legal to unlock your phone in most countries. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check your local laws and regulations.
Unlocking your Samsung S20 via an official unlock code provided by your carrier shouldn’t void your warranty. However, using third-party services or unauthorized methods may void your warranty, so proceed with caution.
It’s possible to unlock your Samsung S20 while still under contract, but you’ll need to check with your carrier. Some carriers may have specific requirements, such as a minimum period of service or full payment of the device before they provide an unlock code.
If the unlock code doesn’t work, double-check that you’ve entered it correctly. If you’re still having issues, contact the provider of the unlock code for assistance. They may offer a refund or a new code if the first one is incorrect or doesn’t work.
You may need to unlock Samsung S20 due to various reasons. Regardless of the reason, you may use any of the two methods mentioned in our article.
As you may notice, if you use an unlock code, there can be several drawbacks. However, if you use a professional tool like Tenorshare 4uKey, you can unlock your device effortlessly and reliably.
What are the other methods you suggest to those who want to unlock their Samsung devices? Please share your expertise with us.