Many people who love paying for gas using Apple Pay might wonder, “does Speedway take Apple Pay?”. And if you are one of them, let’s find the answer.
Introduction of Speedway
Speedway is a chain of convenience stores owned by Marathon Petroleum Corp. It is based in Enon, Ohio. Speedway has more than 2,740 retail outlets in 26 states across the United States. The outlets are mainly concentrated around the Midwest and Southeast regions.
It’s also the first chain of convenience stores to accept Apple Pay. (This includes any of its locations nationwide.) The company has begun accepting both mobile payment systems at its stores this fall.
It allows customers who own iPhones to use them when purchasing gas or goods from Speedway. (Though not all Speedway locations will have NFC terminals).
The announcement comes after many other companies. Companies including Walmart, Kroger, McDonald’s, and Target began accepting Apple Pay last year.
To find out “does Speedway take Apple Pay“, let’s continue reading this article.
Besides, if you wonder ‘do gas stations accept Apple Pay‘, here, we have created a list of those gas stations that do accept Apple Pay for you. Check it now.
Does Speedway Take Apple Pay?
So, does Speedway take Apple Pay? Yes, Speedway accepts Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay to make purchases at Speedway and also to pay for gas.
You can use the mobile payment app for any purchase made at the gas station, but only via its standalone app. But you’ll have to pull out your credit card if you don’t have the latest iPhones or Apple watch with NFC technology.
If you’re looking for a way to pay at the pump at Speedway, look no further than Apple Pay. The payment method lets you hold your phone up to the reader on the pump. And then, it will automatically be charged without swiping or tapping your phone. You might have seen these contactless payment methods advertised as “touchless.” Once that happens, it’s just like paying by cash!
Suppose you want to ensure that all of your purchases are covered by Apple Pay security features. Security features like fingerprint identification and transaction notifications.
In that case, it’s best to stick to using it at brick-and-mortar businesses. This is because it doesn’t involve a risk that someone could steal your phone while making a payment — like at Speedway!
How to Set Up Apple Pay on Your Apple Device?
You now know the answer to “does Speedway take Apple Pay” is a big yes. But if you still wonder how to set up apple pay on your Apple device to pay with it at Speedway? If not, read down below.
- On iPhone, open Wallet and tap the plus sign.
- On iPad, Open Wallet, tap the plus sign in the bottom-left corner, and follow prompts to add your card.
- On Apple Watch: Open Wallet and tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- In stores: Rest your finger on the Touch ID-enabled home button. Or double-clicking the side button will bring up Apple Pay and allow you to take advantage of its many features.
You can also hold an iPhone within an inch of any contactless reader. But make sure to keep a steady hand so that it can detect your device’s NFC radio waves.
Then all you have to do is wait until you see Done and a checkmark on display before walking away from it again!
How to Use Apple Pay at Speedway?
Apple Pay is a secure & easy way to make purchases online and in person. This is precisely why the answer to “does speedway take apple pay” is yes. It’s made even more accessible at Speedway gas stations.
There the process is nearly identical to any other retailer accepting Apple Pay. Here’s how it works:
- Open the Speedway app on your smartphone and select the Payment section from the bottom menu.
- Select Apple Pay as your payment method. Next up, enter the information requested by Speedway. The info that will be requested is your name, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and birth date. And also a security code. The security code is not technically a “password” but an identifier unique to you.
- At the payment terminal, enter your passcode. The amount should be verified and confirmed by you.
- Confirm your purchase using Touch ID or Face ID technology. You can do that by scanning or looking at your phone’s screen. It will unlock Apple Pay to access funds stored in linked credit cards and debit cards. And also payment apps like Venmo or PayPal.
- Hold your iPhone or Apple watch near the card reader. You should see a green checkmark on the screen and hear a beep or tone when the payment is successful. If you don’t see a green checkmark, try again!
- If all is well, you can exit the gas station, knowing that your payment has been made. Not only that, but you will also get peace of mind knowing that your credit card information is secure!
Can I Receive Rewards or Cashback While Using Apple Pay at Speedway?
Yes, you can get cashback while using Apple Pay at Speedway. Not only does Speedway take Apple Pay, but it also provides cashback to its users.
You can get cash back from Apple Pay Cash, Apple Pay Cash Rewards, and Apple Pay Cash Rewards for Business. The cashback has no transactional restrictions. This means that you can use it as often.
You can expect to receive a cashback of up to 3% on each transaction. If you open the official Apple website, you can check your eligibility to avail rewards or cashbacks. You will get to review the precise terms and conditions if you visit the website too.
Perks of Paying with Apple Pay at Speedway
Apple Pay is a secure and convenient way to pay for purchases. It’s also easy to use at Speedway and other stores and online shops.
Apple Pay offers several advantages over other forms of payment. The benefits are for both customers and businesses.
For starters, it’s more secure than cards or cash. All thanks to tokenization technology that creates one-time use codes.
The Benefits of Using Apple Pay Include:
- Security. Your actual credit or debit card number isn’t transmitted with the transaction when you transact through Apple Pay. Instead, it uses tokenization technology. Tokenization technology creates a unique device account number tied only to your device. It is not tied up with your actual card number or with your face. This means any information stored on the phone stays private, even if stolen or lost.
- Convenience. With just one touch of the finger on your iPhone or watch. Or double-click on an AirPods case. You can quickly pay at Speedway or any other store that accepts contactless payments. This can be done the same way you use cash or plastic cards. You can do that easily without reaching for your Wallet! You can also check out without ever having to pull out a physical card from your pocketbook.
- This is because Apple Pay uses biometrics when making purchases from iPhones with Touch ID sensors. But remember that it is only supported from iPhone 6 to newer. You will not be able to use Apple pay at stores if you don’t have the iPhone 6 model or the newer one. You can also pay using the latest NFC-supported Apple watches.
- It doesn’t require any additional hardware like chip readers or QR codes. All you need is your iPhone 6s or later iOS 11+ and a fingerprint reader on board.
Other Payment Options at Speedway
If you’re looking to make a payment with Apple Pay, it’s best to confirm does Speedway takes Apple Pay at the counter. This is because while many locations do accept Apple Pay and other digital wallets, some don’t.
But you can be assured that Speedway accepts apple pay, and you can securely make a payment through it. Speedway does indeed take the mobile payment service. As you might expect, this info can be found on the company’s website under “payment methods“.
Apart from apple pay, there are many other acceptable payment options at Speedway. And those payment options are debit cards, credit cards, speedy rewards pay cards, and cash.
1. Does every Speedway location accept Apple Pay?
While Speedway officially accepts Apple Pay, availability may vary by store.
2. Can I add Speedway rewards to my Apple Wallet?
Yes, you can add your Speedway rewards to your Apple Wallet and accumulate points with each purchase.
3. What if my Apple Pay isn’t working at Speedway?
Always have an alternative payment method in case of technical issues.
4. Can I return items bought with Apple Pay at Speedway?
Yes, returns follow the same policy regardless of payment method.
5. What other mobile payments does Speedway accept?
Speedway also accepts Google Pay, among other mobile payment methods.
So, “does Speedway take Apple Pay?”. Yes, it does. Speedway accepts Apple Pay on their standalone app and in the in-store experience.
You can also use Apple Pay at Speedway to make purchases on your website, but not when checking out at the pump or the register.
If you want to use Apple Pay with Speedway, we recommend downloading their app and doing so there. Don’t worry; it’s still manageable. You can also get cash back when using this method.
However, if your bank doesn’t support Apple Pay, it might be hard for them to accept payments from Speedway through these channels.