Over the years, spying has been reputed as malicious and unethical. This is understandable, especially if we consider how many hacking scandals there have been recent.
But if we instead focus on the importance of online safety for children, spying is the only option.
Think about it: the world is quickly changing, and we already depend on technology a lot as it is. A safe assumption would be that in the future, we’ll depend on it even more.
Thus, we can’t hide our children from the internet, so we must use a spy call recorder for iPhone and Android to keep an eye on them.
Again, given how common hacking scandals have become, most websites are going out of their way to enhance their security. You guessed it – finding a recorder that can get through a smartphone’s security isn’t easy.
Our article is split into two sections: one for iOS spy recorders and another for Android recorders.
iPhones have always been popular mobile phones, but this has only made Apple more cautious about spy tools. Nonetheless, we’ve researched and found you the top 5 tools to use.
#1 – KidsGuard for iPhone
Supported Versions: iOS 10 and later
KidsGuard is one of the newer spy apps, but it has a lot more to offer than some of its competitors. Not only does KidsGuard feature a sleek interface that’s very easy to use, but after you set up the application on the target device, you can enable monitoring for any data type that you want.
- This amazing hack app doesn’t require any rooting or jailbreaking.
- Easy to start tracking more data types.
- A demo version is available.
- Create a schedule that limits user activity at certain times.
- To track an iOS device, you need the target’s iCloud login.
#2 – Spyera
Price: $189 per 3 months
Supported Versions: iOS 10.2 and later
First, we have Spyera, a popular spying solution that can record and store phone calls. Being able to record phone calls is just one of the many features that Spyera has to offer, as well as viewing text messages, browser history, notifications, contact information, and so much more.
- Spyera detects and records ambient audio.
- Can track the live GPS location of your targets without recording audio.
- You are able to record an entire voice call in one recording.
- One of the priciest spy call recorder tools.
- You’re required to jailbreak your iOS device.
- Spyera’s dashboard is out of date.
#3 – XNSPY
Supported Versions: iOS 6 to iOS 11.2.6
Another call recorder that impresses us is XNSPY, a solution mainly for parents. This platform has been receiving a lot of attention from parents and employers because of how effective it has proven to be. You can create an account for free, but you must subscribe to use the features.
- Easy to learn and get set up.
- Includes more than just call recording features.
- Very reasonable pricing.
- You can’t access the dashboard on a computer.
- Not as user-friendly as other spy call recorder solutions.
#4 – Mobistealth
Supported Versions: iOS 9 and later
Mobistealth is one of the original spying tools, and even though the user interface is aging, it is still an incredibly effective spy tool. If you enjoy using Mobistealth, then consider looking into the computer monitoring version.
It is worth noting that Mobistealth is actually available on both iOS and Android devices.
- It can be used as a remote spy call recorder.
- Allows users to monitor their target’s browser and app activity.
- Provides a lot of useful information about the target.
- Somewhat expensive in comparison to other call recorders.
- Unappealing (and out-of-date) interface.
#5 – Spy Phone App
Supported Versions: iOS 6 to iOS 9.0.2
No matter how hard you try, you wouldn’t be able to fault the Spy Phone App. This solution is completely free to use, and by using it, you can get access to so many useful features. While the interface needs a makeover, the Spy Phone App is still one of the most reliable options.
- Free to use and easy to prepare for spying.
- A wide variety of spying features are available.
- The target isn’t made aware when used as a spy call recorder.
- Allows users to track more than one target.
- An Incredibly basic user interface that can be difficult to use.
Android goes much further than iOS; Android is open-source and can be used by anyone, but iOS is only available on Apple products. Therefore, more developers have put their skills towards creating their own spy call recorders.
Supported Versions: Android 4.0 and later
Making another appearance on our list is KidsGuard, the upcoming spying tool that’s available for both iOS and Android devices. Your anonymity is guaranteed and after the initial setup, tracking more data only requires a few clicks.
- Constantly receives updates to implement new features.
- Hack SMS messages with ease.
- Two pricing plans are available depending on your needs.
- Easy to install on an Android device.
- Retrieving the target’s device can be difficult.
#2 – Hoverwatch
Supported Versions: Android 4.0 to Android 12
At the top of our Android call recorder list is Hoverwatch. With Hoverwatch, you can monitor absolutely everything that your target does on their smartphone.
On top of using it to record voice calls remotely, when you pay for a subscription, you’ll get access to a collection of innovative spying features that are exclusive to Hoverwatch users.
- Has a reasonable subscription price.
- Uses an intricate algorithm meaning that you can track your target anonymously.
- It is reputable among parents as a great spying tool.
- It can be used as far more than just a spy call recorder.
- Hoverwatch only supports a few Android models (e.g., Nokia and BlackBerry).
#3 – TheTruthSpy
Supported Versions: Android 2.2 to Android 7.0
Another spy call recorder that might interest you is TheTruthSpy. This solution is available for both Android and iOS devices but functions better on Android.
Once you have it set up, you will not only be able to record the call’s audio, but TheTruthSpy can also record background noise.
- Records high-quality phone calls from your target’s device.
- It isn’t required for the device to be rooted to spy on it.
- The dashboard is accessible from your smartphone (spy on the go!).
- Customer support is only available to Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS devices that haven’t been jailbroken.
- More expensive than the average spying solution.
#4 – HelloSpy
Supported Versions: Android 2.2 to Android 6.0
HelloSpy is primarily for recording phone calls, but a quick glance will prove that it comes with much more. If your concern is monitoring your child’s online activity and ensuring they’re safe, HelloSpy is for you.
- All of the phone calls that you track with this spy call recorder are anonymous.
- Background noise can also be recorded using HelloSpy.
- Monitor the detected data from an easy-to-use dashboard.
- You are able to track and access a lot of data on top of their phone calls.
- The free trial version has a limitation of just two days.
- The subscription price is higher than some other tools.
#5 – FlexiSPY
Supported Versions: Android 4.0.3 to Android 12
The price of FlexiSpy might seem high, but keep in mind that this is an annual payment. If we ignore the price, FlexiSpy is a very impressive app for spying on others’ phone calls without them knowing.
Unlike some other available tools, this solution is so flexible that parents and employers use it regularly.
- Easy to use for listening to phone calls.
- Tracking other data types (GPS location, contacts, notes, texts, etc.) is easy to enable.
- The target will have no idea that you are spying on them.
- An annual subscription can be too expensive for some people.
- Too much clutter on the FlexiSpy dashboard.
By the way, here are the best ways for tracing a spoofed phone number you should know.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can spy call recorders be detected?
Spy call recorders are designed to operate discreetly and avoid detection. However, it’s important to note that some advanced users or security measures may detect their presence.
2. Are spy call recorders legal?
The legality of using spy call recorders varies depending on the jurisdiction. It is crucial to understand and comply with the legal requirements in your area before using such tools.
3. Do spy call recorders work on all phone models?
Spy call recorders may have compatibility limitations based on the phone model and operating system. Ensure that the chosen recorder is compatible with your device.
4. Can spy call recorders record both incoming and outgoing calls?
Yes, most spy call recorders have the capability to record both incoming and outgoing calls, providing comprehensive coverage.
5. Are there any free spy call recorder apps available?
While some spy call recorder apps offer free versions with limited functionality, the most reliable and feature-rich options often require a premium subscription or one-time purchase.
These are the best of the best, and you won’t find anything better than these spying tools out there.
Each of these spy call recorder solutions has its pros and cons, but it comes down to your preferences at the end of the day.
If you want to track a specific data type and phone calls, then make sure that the platform supports that type.
Similarly, choose a call recorder that is within your price range and that you can afford. To conclude, there are plenty of recorders out there, and as long as you choose the one that suits your needs, that’s all that matters.