The demand for RAW to JPEG converter tools has increased substantially. As you may know, both RAW and JPEG are popular file formats among computer users.
RAW is an output file type that comes from digital cameras (an uncompressed file format).
JPEG, on the other hand, is a compressed image file. In general, JPEG files are used to share larger photos. JPEG and RAW files serve different purposes. If you need professional editing offline, RAW is the better option.
On the other hand, JPEG is a better option for sharing pictures online. For instance, JPEG is a perfect option when sharing images on Facebook.
You will find many options when you are looking for a good RAW-to-JPEG converter. However, not all those options work up to your expectations.
In that case, you should know how to distinguish the best RAW to JPEG converter from the rest. In this article, we emphasize how to convert RAW to JPEG easily.
Online RAW to JPEG converter is a really popular option among many users. When you deal with an online tool, you don’t have anything to download.
Instead, you can simply visit the respective website and start converting the images.
An online RAW to JPEG converter is best suitable for those who need to convert a couple of images.
In this article, we emphasize an online tool called www.iloveimg.com. You can simply click on this link to visit this online RAW-to-JPEG converter.
After accessing the online tool, you should drag and drop the RAW pictures into it. The tool will start to upload the images for conversion.
Apart from dragging and dropping, you can simply import RAW files from cloud storage into this tool.
Then, you should select the “Convert to JPEG” option to start the conversion process. After the conversion, you will be able to save the output as you wish.
For instance, you can save the file on the computer, save it to the cloud, or simply share it online.
Important: One of the biggest downsides associated with online conversion is that it doesn’t guarantee your photos’ privacy. The uploaded images may go pretty much anywhere.
So, if you have really personal photos, we recommend you not to use an online RAW to JPEG converter.
Also, the success of online methods depends heavily on the strength of the internet connection. If you have a weaker internet connection and a large RAW file, the conversion process will take a very long.
Now that you know the major downside of the online method, here’s a more reliable option.
Adobe Lightroom is a very professional and reliable software you can use as a RAW-to-JPEG converter. When you work with professional software like Adobe Lightroom, you don’t need to worry about the internet connection’s speed.
Also, such software doesn’t risk exposing your photos to unknown parties. So, Adobe Lightroom is a professional RAW-to-JPEG converter you can rely on.
With that being said, here’s a step-by-step guide to converting RAW images into JPEG using Lightroom.
01. Open the Lightroom application located in the Applications folder. You should now go to the library mode and select the RAW file you intend to convert into JPEG.
02. You should go to the File option and select Export. You can then see the preset dialog. Find the option “Burn Full-Sized JPEGs” in the left sidebar.
Now, make sure that you select “Hard Drive” from the drop-down menu called “Export To.” This defines that your file should be saved on the hard drive once converted.
03. As the third step, you should reset the parameters accordingly. These parameters are based on the right panel. You can define the quality of the output from this respective option.
If you are satisfied with the default values of the parameters, you can leave them as they are. Once the parameters are set, you can simply hit the “Export” option.
This is located on the window’s right-hand side corner (bottom). After pressing this button, you will see that the RAW file is converted into JPEG.
After this simple process, the converted file will be available in the folder you defined earlier.
If you are looking for highly professional, dedicated software to convert HEIC files, this is the best tool.
This respective software shows excellent stability and efficiency when converting HEIC photos into JPEG. This respective software works on Mac and Windows operating systems perfectly.
With the assistance of HEIC, you can easily convert any number of HEIC photos into JPEG. Thanks to the power conversion technology associated with this software, you can expect perfect performance.
More importantly, this respective software allows you to select the quality of the output.
Features of Aiseesoft HEIC Converter
- It can convert HEIC to JPEG or HEIC to PNG on both Windows and Mac computers
- Convert to JPEG from HEIC files in batches
- Professional conversion of an unlimited number of HEIC images
- Adjustable output quality
- User convenience
- It is free
Converting HEIC into JPEG using AiseeSoft HEIC Converter
01. Download and install the software through their official website.
02. Connect the iPhone to the same computer if you need to convert images stored in them.
03. Select “Add HEIC” (or drag and drop images to the program).
04. If the photos are on iOS, select the folder path correctly.
05. Now, select the files that are to be converted.
06. Select the desired output format of the image (JPEG or PNG) depending on your requirement.
07. Select or deselect the “Keep Exif Data” option and define the output folder.
08. Hit the Convert button.
Adobe Photoshop is another impressive software that comes with various features. This versatile software can also be used as an impressive RAW-to-JPEG converter.
More importantly, you can use it to convert multiple files at once. This section explains how to convert RAW files to JPEG using Adobe Photoshop.
01. As the first step of this process, you should create a new folder. Then, you should select the RAW files you intend to convert and put them in this folder.
02. Open Photoshop now and go to the File menu. Then, choose Scripts and go to the Image Processor option. Now, you will see a built-in image processor in a separate window.
03. Go to the option “Select Folder” in the “Select the images to process” section. Then, navigate to the folder you created just before.
04. Under “Select location to save processed images,” set up a folder. You will use this folder to save the output files after the conversion.
05. Be sure to select the option “Save as JPEG” (by ticking the box next to it). You can customize the other parameters and define options like quality.
At the end of this process, you should select the “Run” button at the bottom. Now, Photoshop will do the job of a RAW to JPEG converter and start the process.
If you are using a smartphone to convert iPhone or Android phones, you can use the following apps.
EasyRAWConverter (for Android)
- You can convert files saved in memory or SD cards
- Single-click operation to convert files
- Preview the files before the output
- It is a really lightweight software
- It doesn’t cost you anything
- It cannot save JPEG output into an SD card
- No batch converting
- There are several editing tools
- Features better stability compared to other converter apps
- It works on Android as well as on iOS platforms
- It doesn’t make any quality loss
- You need to view adds
- It doesn’t support batch conversion
RAW Power (for iOS platform)
- Edit RAW images even without converting
- It comes with a variety of parameter editors
- Compatible with RAW pictures on iOS devices
- It doesn’t cause any quality loss
- Free to download
- This app isn’t available for Android
- The settings of the software can be complicated for beginners
Q1. Can I convert JPEG files back to RAW format?
No, it is not possible to convert JPEG files back to RAW format. RAW files contain the original sensor data, while JPEG files are already processed and compressed, resulting in irreversible loss of image information.
Q2. Does converting RAW to JPEG reduce image quality?
Converting RAW to JPEG involves compression and a reduction in file size, which results in some loss of image quality. However, the degree of quality loss is typically minimal and may not be noticeable in most cases, especially when using high-quality converter tools and appropriate settings.
Q3. Can I edit JPEG files after conversion?
Yes, you can edit JPEG files after conversion; however, keep in mind that JPEG is a compressed format, and excessive editing can lead to degradation of image quality. It is advisable to make adjustments sparingly and save edited versions separately to preserve the original JPEG.
Q4. What is the best resolution and quality setting for JPEG conversion?
The ideal resolution and quality setting for JPEG conversion depend on the intended use of the images. Higher quality settings result in larger file sizes and better image fidelity, while lower quality settings yield smaller file sizes but with a slight compromise in image detail. It is recommended to balance the desired file size and image quality based on the specific requirements.
Q5. Can I convert RAW files directly in my camera?
Some advanced camera models offer in-camera RAW to JPEG conversion capabilities. However, the options for adjustment and customization may be limited compared to using dedicated RAW converter software on a computer. It is advisable to check your camera’s specifications and capabilities for RAW conversion to determine the available options and level of control.
Converting RAW files to JPEG format is a crucial step in the digital photography workflow. It enables photographers to share their images easily, achieve compatibility across devices and platforms, and optimize file size without sacrificing image quality.
By understanding the differences between RAW and JPEG, choosing the right RAW to JPEG converter tool, and following best practices, photographers can streamline their workflow and produce stunning JPEG images for various purposes.