This article aims to explain how to track an iPhone by phone number. We composed this article to help millions of iOS device users across the globe.
A considerable number of individuals tend to lose their iPhones for various reasons. It can be their busyness, carelessness, or some other reason.
Losing your iPhone can be one of your most frustrating experiences. Of course, you will have to bear the monetary cost of your iPhone (which is quite expensive).
But, in most cases, users are worried about the personal and sensitive data stored on the iPhone. So, it is vital that you find your iPhone at your earliest.
You should never worry at all if you lose your iPhone. That is because we will explain how to track an iPhone by phone. Also, there are ways to access data stored in your device from a remote location.
Knowing how to track an iPhone by phone number can be handy at any given point. That means this information can be very useful even if you or one of your friends face such an incident.
The most important thing is that there are several options to consider depending on your information type. Okay… let’s take a look at the methods then.
Part 1: How to Track an iPhone by Phone Number using a Common Method
Have you searched how to track an iPhone by phone number and failed to find a solution so far? Have you already lost your device and looking for a remedy?
Or are you looking for a solution before it actually happens? Whatever the reason is, we have a solution for you. Also, the good news is that there are even free methods to do this.
Nevertheless, we suggest you try the official method Apple offers before looking for other options. You can use the phone tracking service provided by iOS itself. This option is available under the name “Search my iPhone.”
This method is pretty efficient, and it is speedy as well. However, this option works under one condition – the “Search my iPhone” option must be enabled beforehand. If not, we suggest that you read the options mentioned below.
The best way to get your phone tracked through a number is to use a number locator. Several good apps can locate your device through the phone number. However, a free tool called Number Locator can help you with the good.
Below are the steps you should follow to track your device using Number Locator.
- Open Number Locator and provide your correct phone number in the given field.
- You should be able to see your device now on a map.
Since the above is a free tool, you should expect some limitations when you use it. But using this tool doesn’t cost you anything. So, just try it before moving to other options.
Also, click to learn more about the best way for birthday lookup.
mSpy is another notable option that lets you track the activities of someone else’s phone. Through this software, you will be able to track their texts, location, emails, and even call logs.
In addition to that, it gives you access to a web-based control panel. Through this control panel, you can monitor pretty much all the information on the target device.
So, mSpy is a superb option if you intend to track every activity on a target device.
- Go to the mSpy official website and subscribe to the app.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and then install mSpy on the device.
- Register for a mSpy account and then monitor the target iOS device.
2) GPS Tracker
GPS Tracker is a handy tool that lets you experience real-time GPS tracking of the target smartphone. Also, it lets you access the history of the device’s location for the past 24 hours. Please note that this tool works on iOS 8.0 and newer versions.
- Download GPS Tracker software and then go for e premium subscription plan.
- Sign up for the GPS Tracker account and then enable the location-sharing option.
- Monitor and track a target iPhone.
Mobile Number Location Tracker is special software that comes with the ability to track the iPhone through its number. You can track its location in real time.
Well, the beauty of this tool is that it lets you track the device for free. That means you don’t have to pay anything to track a mobile device if you use this tool.
- First, sign up for a Mobile Number Location Tracker.
- To track a certain device’s location, be sure to press “Contacts.”
- Start viewing the target device’s location (based on the dates).
With this tool, you can track mobile numbers in the USA, UK, Australia, etc.
Part 2: Tracking an iPhone Online using Phone Number
Apart from the methods mentioned in the previous part, there are online tools to track iPhones. In general, tracking an iPhone using these online tools is very convenient.
Since you don’t have to install any software, it is a fairly convenient process. To track a device, all you need is the phone number of the target device.
In fact, there are several tools to track a smartphone online through its number. Several advantages are associated with these online tools, which are mentioned below.
- It can track the location of a phone through a phone number utilizing GPS.
- It assures the safety of the device and the number.
- Usually, most of these services are free.
- You don’t have to download any software to your device to use these services.
If you are looking for a recommendation, GPS CellPhone Locator is one of the trackers you can find. It can track the number precisely and works perfectly on Windows, macOS, and Android systems.
Thanks to its massive database (from almost all the countries), our success rate is high. Since you don’t have to download any of the tools, the hassle is minimal.
If you are interested, you can simply visit www.gpscellphonelocator.com. The only catch here is that you have to take a survey to enjoy this service.
Part 3: Tracking an iPhone Using Find My iPhone
In this section, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to track an iPhone using the Find My iPhone feature. Follow these simple steps:
- Enable Find My iPhone: On the target iPhone, go to “Settings” > [Your Name] > “iCloud” > “Find My iPhone.” Toggle the switch to enable this feature.
- Sign in to Your iCloud Account: Open the iCloud website or launch the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device. Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Accessing Find My iPhone: Once signed in, you will see a map displaying all your linked devices. Select the target iPhone from the list.
- Locating the Target iPhone: The map will display the approximate location of the iPhone. You can zoom in for a more precise view.
- Tracking the iPhone’s Location: If the iPhone is currently online and connected to the internet, you can track its real-time location. You may also have options to play a sound, enable Lost Mode, or erase the device remotely.
- Can I track an iPhone by phone number without the person knowing? No, tracking an iPhone requires the owner’s consent and the device to be linked to their iCloud account.
- Can I track an iPhone using a different phone number? No, tracking an iPhone is tied to the iCloud account linked to the device, not the phone number.
- Are third-party tracking apps safe to use? It’s crucial to choose reputable tracking apps from trusted developers to ensure the security of your data.
- Can I track an iPhone if it’s turned off? No, the iPhone needs to be turned on and connected to the internet for tracking to work.
- What should I do if I can’t track my iPhone using the methods mentioned? If you’re unable to track your iPhone, contact your service provider or local authorities for further assistance.
Tracking an iPhone by phone number is a valuable feature that provides peace of mind and helps in locating lost or stolen devices. By utilizing the Find My iPhone feature or third-party tracking apps, you can easily track the real-time location of an iPhone. Remember to ensure the privacy and security of your data by choosing reputable apps and exercising caution while tracking devices.