Are you frustrated because Apple Pay not working on iPhones? Please don’t get confused or panicked because it can be fixed with some simple methods.
Here, let’s explain the reasons for this error and the most practical ways to solve it for you.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is considered to be one of the most convenient, secure, and fast methods to make payments. It is true that this feature functions pretty solidly in most cases. However, it is also true that it may experience some issues once in a while.
In other words, Apple Pay is not an invincible application, just like any other app in the world. There can be some instances in which Apple Pay not working on iPhone and make you frustrated.
So, if you are facing such a situation and feel helpless, the next paragraphs will help you out.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like Apple ID grayed out, here are the top solutions.
Solutions to try if Apple Pay not working on iPhone
In this part, we explain possible solutions to try if Apple Pay is not working. Also, we assume that you are in a country or region where the Apple Pay feature is made available. So, go ahead and fix your solution.
01. Configure the security options properly
Are you trying to access the Apple Pay feature on an iOS device that comes with Touch ID? In that case, security systems like PINs as well as fingerprints should be configured properly.
On the other hand, if your device is equipped with a Face ID, you should configure that feature properly. Just like that, the passcode for the Apple Watch should be configured correctly if you are using that device.
All in all, the key is to configure the security settings properly, and the Apple Pay feature will work. Once you have done that, check if Apple Pay not working.
02. Check whether you have signed into Apple iCloud correctly
When it comes to a feature like Apple Pay, it requires access to iCloud as well on your device. So, those who have signed out of their iCloud devices should find Apple Pay not working on iPhones. If you have signed out of your iCloud account or changed your password, that could lead to this issue.
As a result, you will not be able to use Apple Pay as expected. Therefore, you are supposed to sign in to iCloud properly before using the Apple Pay feature.
03. Add your card to Apple Pay using a manual method
Assume that you bring the card closer to the terminal, and it prevents it from working. If that’s the case, the reason could be a not-working NFC reader. In other words, the NFC function doesn’t work properly and cannot detect Apple Pay.
So, the best solution is to add the respective card manually. If you are not aware of the steps, you should follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should launch the “Wallet App” found on your iOS device.
- Once you have done that, you are supposed to select the card that should be used.
- Then, you should hold the respective iOS device closer to the device that works as a payment reader.
- Once prompted, you should authenticate it through the Face ID. If not, you can use the Touch ID as well.
04. Get another reader from the Store
In some instances, Apple Pay does not work on iPhones because of trouble related to the reader. If there is something wrong with the reader, that could definitely make it impossible to link the card.
So, if you have tried three of the above methods and found no success, try this one. Your Apple Pay is not working yet; just try to contact the store and get a new reader. If the respective store is equipped with several different payment terminals, you may try different options.
Also, be sure to note down which terminal does the job without any trouble. Such an approach will ensure that you make the payment easily when you visit it next time.
05. Perform a restart
Well, restarting is one of the simplest solutions you can try to fix any minor errors in your iPhone. Hopefully, it can work if your Apple Pay is not working.
Also, we always recommend iPhone readers restart their iOS devices about once every week. So, just give your iOS device a restart and check if it resolves the issue.
Well, if you experience Apple Pay not working on your iPhone several times, there is something special to try. If you experience such an error, a handy method is to link the card first.
Then, after a short while, you can add the same card once again to fix the issue. If you feel like trying this solution, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should launch the app called Settings on your iOS device to start. Then, navigate to the option called Wallet & Apple Pay. After that, tap on it.
- You can then select a card that should be unlinked from the wallet. After that, you can choose the option called Remove Card.
- Now, you should go to the Settings app once again. Once you have done that, you can choose Wallet & Apple Pay once again.
- You can then tap on the option called Add Credit or Debit Card.
You will see a couple of convenient onscreen instructions. These instructions are easy to try and will add the card once again to the wallet.
07. Was it a new card added to your Apple Pay account?
Did you add a new card to your wallet? If that’s the case, there can be a slight transition period in linking it. For instance, it will take some time to establish a link between Apple Pay and the bank’s end.
In fact, it can take a couple of minutes or even several hours to get them connected. So, if you are trying to make a payment right after adding the card, that could be the issue. In that case, the best approach is to wait for some time.
Also, in some cases. The card might have stuck as it is not registered automatically. If you want to get the issue fixed, you may find the steps in the previous solution to be helpful.
In fact, we suggest you perform those steps after some time. However, if the activation hasn’t happened even after 15 hours, you should call your bank to get it done.
08. Make sure if Apple Pay is working
You may already know that most modern-day payment servers are based on the cloud. Pretty much all the payment gateways function in that way. However, in some cases, those servers tend to malfunction or go down.
Even Apple Pay works based on a cloud server. So, the best approach is to check if Apple Pay is down or not at the moment. You can go to the status page of Apple System. If the respective page is down, there’s something wrong for sure.
Also, if everything is fine with the server, you will see a green notification. That is appearing in front of Apple Pay.
09. Do you have any pending updates for software?
Did you know that pending software updates can lead to Apple Pay not working situation? In general, software updates are introduced to fix bugs and bring new features to those applications. So, you should check if there’s a pending software update.
This specific step will definitely take some time. However, this option may work, and it doesn’t harm to give it a try. As a result of a software update, you will experience a smoother performance from the app.
So, if you are interested in it, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should go to the Settings app and choose General. Then, please go to the option called Software Update as well.
- If you notice an update, just go ahead and install it. Then, check if “Apple Pay not working on iPhone” is fixed.
10. Perform a device reset
If none of the above options have worked so far, you should consider this as a last resort. In this case, you are supposed to reset the iOS device to fix “Apple Pay not working.”
You should note that all the data, such as settings and network passwords, will be gone after the reset. So, it is always smart to create a backup of all the important data before resetting it.
Mentioned below is how to reset your iOS device.
- Launch the Settings app and choose General. Then, go to Reset.
- After that, choose the option called “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- Provide the PIN when prompted and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Why is my Apple Pay not working? There could be several reasons for this, including an outdated iOS or watchOS, unsupported region or bank, or lack of a stable internet connection.
- How do I update my iOS or watchOS? Go to ‘Settings’, then ‘General’, and then ‘Software Update’. If an update is available, tap ‘Download and Install’.
- How can I check if my bank or region supports Apple Pay? Visit the Apple support website and check their list of participating banks and supported regions.
- What do I do if my Apple Pay is still not working after troubleshooting? If you’re still having issues, it’s recommended to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
- Can I reset my Apple Pay? Yes, you can reset your Apple Pay by going to ‘Settings’, then ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’, then select the card you want to remove, and tap ‘Remove Card’.
So, those are the options you can try when Apple Pay is not working on iPhone. If you notice the issue even after resetting the device, you may have to contact Apple Support for assistance.